Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Owa's gmod server.
Topic Started: Mar 4 2011, 09:47 AM (2,532 Views)
FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Fox is the name, Tech is my game
I am hoping to have the movie nights up soon again, I might actually stream the movies, and let you guys handle the rest, because with the whole new roommates thing, its hard to play gmod when they seethe player models and when they see furry models they will flip. I have tried hard to hide that about myself here at college

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
I understand that, but most people on my floor would rub the salt in the wounds until I pulled myself out of the college. Let's just say at a college like this, there are many 4chan people, and alot of people that discriminate against them. I just do not want to take the risk.

Besides during the summer I will be free to broadcast the movies all y'all want xD I get out in May 22, and move into summer housing almost right after.

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Not like Anon an all that, just people who read it. not /b/tards. So its ok, I just am trying to be very careful to secure a good rapport with my fellow colleagues.

Edited by FoxMcCloud, Apr 8 2011, 11:54 PM.

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Well I have worked to have my Virtual Machine working, It seems that Movie nights are a go. The first one will be this Thursday ^-^ and the Movie we will be watching is Hellboy. I do want to get it started early so no later then 7:30. :P

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Next movie night will tentatively be next Friday at 8:00, movie ideas?

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Saturdays work out, whatever is best for you guys ^-^ But I need to make sure nothing is going on, at my dorm this Saturday

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Lag is usually caused by Bandwith problems either with the user or even the computer that the server is on. The internet works by what is called "ping" if your Ping is high, then your distance from the server is quite high, or you are having problems with your computer's network card, and make sure that it is uptodate, and the cable you are using to plug into the computer to the network is actually in a decent condition.

There are so many causes for "lag" itself, but it is not the computer itself, its how fast the server is transmitting, receiving and acknowledging the packets.

Brohoster would be one to blame because with how they provide network services for other consumers, they could be running 20 GMOD servers on the same computer, trying to process 20 servers through one Network card is a bit tough.

I think the move to the Listen server is good, it prevents people that we don't want on the server, and faster control, and updates of everything.

I am siding with Onewinged, and just helping you guys understand how the interbuts work :P

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Well I was merely just supporting your statement about its not the processing power that is causing the lag :P

BUUUT, anyways I think the Listen server has alot of benefits that are the best. I dunno from what I have seen, and heard, sounds good!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · PC and Mac Gaming · Next Topic »