Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Adventure Games; Monkey Island, King's Quest, etc.
Topic Started: Mar 6 2011, 02:00 AM (483 Views)
itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
I was just curious to know who still plays around with them old point 'n click adventure games. I kinda gave up on the hunt to find a quick means to get to that game Broken Sword's full version without missing parts, but I might revisit some games I didn't finish the last time I owned the emulator to play them.

Of note, I haven't actually played a lot of these in full - either out of laziness or distractions, but I have played a few of the following:

- Simon the Sorcerer 1*
- Monkey Island I*
- Monkey Island II*
- Maniac Mansion
- Flight of the Amazon Queen*
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Ones with the asterisk are games I got far on, but lack the energy to really focus on due to my tight schedule now. xD ... but I am, one way or another.

How about you?

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
Hehehe, oh man, the NES one is a great conversion. :D Shame that they had trouble porting it due to Nintendo's tight restrictions back then, but aside from those hiccups, it's beautiful.

*pops the hamster in the microwave*

I beat both Indy games. :D The humorous tongue-in-cheek for the Indy 3 one is too funny; but shame you couldn't get near the Atlantis one.

Lemme tell ya, it is DIFFICULT. xD ...well, for me it was.

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
Yeah. xD

Really? What was the glitch?

When you get to the maze part, towards the final temple in the middle of Atlantis, you have to remember how to connect the three stones together. I almost give up on it myself, but I started watching video guides to help me. D:

For some reason even the correct answers in Indy's guide book didn't seem to work, so I just started making random combinations with those things. Eventually I got it right.

I won't spoil the endings, but one of them is pretty funny. xD

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
Holy crap, I think I remember that... xD Laurelwood had a bunch of kid's games back in the day.

I also realized I completely forgot about games Beneath the Steel Sky and Space Quest. D:

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
I know.

Laurelwood was the name of my school. :P They had a lot of Borderbound games, but no Carmen Sandiego, which was pretty sad. xD
Edited by itsjustaaron, Mar 7 2011, 12:59 AM.

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
Huh. :/

Well, I know that the three stones Indy gradually collects are what's needed to get through the doors in Atlantis. But good luck playing them again. :3 You'll love it.

Make sure you get the Talkies version. ;D Everything goes good in mp3s and voice. ^^

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
Hm... wasn't Tomb Raider more of an action game of sorts? Then again, it could count, I suppose.

I was thinking along the line of PC games which were point'n'click and things like that. This site called 'Hardcore Gaming 101' has a whole list of them.

I don't know if ScummVM will run it, but I've been kinda curious to check out Police Quest too.

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
lol! I owned that one. Well, for a time, at least. It was a four-disc game or something for the PS1 - and I eventually lost the other parts. :/ I got stuck midway through.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Old School Gaming · Next Topic »