Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
I was given my sister's Nintendo DS; Any recommendations?
Topic Started: Mar 10 2011, 01:58 AM (358 Views)
itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
As a gift from my sister, I recently got a tired and fairly worn out (but still breathin'!) Nintendo DS. Blue, missing the pointer, but nonetheless handling out pretty swell.

I'm kinda looking for games at the moment. Got any recommendations for me?

And, lol, sorry - not to disrupt the Pokemon threads flow here, but No, I am not interested in Pokemon. xD ...I can always get a cat or a doggie or a rat, if I want animal slaves. :P *chuckles, obviously kidding*

Vixie Darkmatter
Member Avatar
Mercenary
No pokemon? D: BLASPHEMY!! xD

Just kidding, but as for good games.....Mario Kart got a lot of attention. There's a Castlevania game I believe. Sonic is just the same as ever on the DS. Starfox Command's multiplayer is not too bad I've heard.

In all reality though a lot of this is just speculation from me since most of my DS games are Pokemon. :/ Hopefully though this'll give you some idea at least. :3

Deleted User
Deleted User

What... sort of games are you looking for? My library consists of:

Pokemon Diamond Version
Pokemon Soul Silver Version
Pokemon Black Version
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Star Fox Command
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy Tactics A-2
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Action Replay DSi
WarioWare DIY
WarioWare Touched!
Sonic Colors
Sonic Classic Collection

Fire Emblem (GBA)
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones (GBA)

KeikoMystere
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Hotel Dusk. ;3

For more content:

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (requires pointy device, so have an empty pen or buy another stylis)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
New Super Mario Bros.
Phoenix Wright series
Edited by KeikoMystere, Mar 10 2011, 12:22 PM.

Icy
Member Avatar
CDF Master Sergeant
My favorite DS games so far (as I only have 10 or so) are…

Mario vs Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem
Mario Kart DS
Metroid Prime Pinball
Metroid Zero Mission and Fusion (for GBA, but they will play on a DS)
Animal Crossing!

About it…
I cannot even STAND to play Star Fox Command. Not the storyline or anything, the controls. They're absolutely crazy. Like a 6 year old said ''do this that and this'' and Nintendo did it… :(

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
Oh cool. :3

I've played Hotel Dusk and it's pseudo-sequel of sorts (or spiritual in the sense that the format is the same), called 'Again.' Are there any more games like it? I like visual novels done in that kinda style.

Mmm. :3 Castlevania and Metroid sound like good options too. I haven't touched another Nintendo franchise in awhile next to Mario. Hahah. xD

Awesome, thanks fellas. :3

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
DON'T get Star Fox Command!

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
My DS didn't get much use until I discovered this INCREDIBLE series;

Posted Image

The games in the Phoenix Wright series will have you gripped till the end! :D

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
Back when she owned all the games, I used to play it fairly all the way through. I really liked the set-up, though I can't say I caught on with much of the characters. xD *kinda not too big on the anime humor/design too much*

StarFox Command ain't too good, eh? :/ I heard it was pretty alright from a friend, though the endings on the other end.... xD

DarkXWolf12
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
No Pokemon?!

..I'm speechless.

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
null

My DS didn't get much use until I discovered this INCREDIBLE series;The games in the Phoenix Wright series will have you gripped till the end!

Posted Image

I'm gonna have to object to that. Ace Attorney INVESTIGATIONS was nice.

Nah. I'm kidding. The whole series was awesome. I highly recommend it. It has a really nice storyline and nice...mysteries you can solve.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Nintendo DS · Next Topic »