Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Fana's Thread of 3D-ness; Watch my voyage through the world of 3D modeling.
Topic Started: Mar 15 2011, 09:19 AM (871 Views)
Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
This section looks so lonely. XD I think I'll keep it company by posting my creations of supreme ineptness (okay, so they're not really THAT bad).

For my first trick, first model I did from scratch EVAR.

Behold, the KITTEH:
Spoiler: click to toggle

... Whose face is actually a bit human-like. Nowhere near realistic. But still good for a first effort.

Next up...

The Toaster Dog:

You might remember him from Secret of Evermore (that is, for the very few of you you even bothered playing that game - it's a bit obscure and highly underrated). He's a bit unfinished. I'm actually using my need to learn Blender as an excuse to rework him.

And lastly...

FRUIT BOWL OF DOOM

...I had to say something to make it sound more interesting than it actually is. :P But I like the texture I managed to get on the orange and avocado (and yes, avocados ARE fruit).

OneWingedAngel92302
Member Avatar
A broken sword....
Good job with the Materials, they look very shiny :P
Edited by OneWingedAngel92302, Mar 15 2011, 01:38 PM.

Vixie Darkmatter
Member Avatar
Mercenary
Those are very good, another excellent 3D artist on the site. Keep it up. ^^

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
i'm not so much questioning the avocado more so the tomato

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
What program do you use in your modeling Fana?

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
@ Evilwaffles

The kitty and the toaster dog were done in Lightwave 3D. The fruit bowl was done in Maya. They were all projects for classes so I just used the programs that they were using at the time. Now I quest to learn Blender, since it's free and I'm a strong supporter of open source software and free culture and stuff. The latest betas finally have an interface that's not so damned weird, so I use those. XD

@ Kursed

Are you implying that my apple looks like a tomato? XD

Icy
Member Avatar
CDF Master Sergeant
Hey, great stuff there. I like the cat a lot. He'd make an excellent anthro. :P

Hmm, 3D artists are popping up on SFG lately. Perhaps I'll post some of my creations? ^ ^

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
@ Icy
Please do. I'd love it if we could all be inspired by and build off of each other . :)

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
null

@ EvilwafflesThe kitty and the toaster dog were done in Lightwave 3D. The fruit bowl was done in Maya. They were all projects for classes so I just used the programs that they were using at the time. Now I quest to learn Blender, since it's free and I'm a strong supporter of open source software and free culture and stuff. The latest betas finally have an interface that's not so damned weird, so I use those. XD@ KursedAre you implying that my apple looks like a tomato? XD
no to be honest it does look a bit brown though.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Supoib! Nice job(s).

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
So I was looking through my old animations I did using the famous generi rig for classes (google it if interested - you'll find it easily), and decided to upload them to Youtube for your enjoyment/critique:

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wpl5uVBzcU[/utube]

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td8iXE8w748[/utube]

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmpHIpw_ObY[/utube]

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nk50QDoqmk[/utube]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · 3D Art · Next Topic »