Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Minecraft
Topic Started: Mar 15 2011, 02:10 PM (1,026 Views)
Taran'atar
Member Avatar
Jem'Hadar Observer
Meh, I've seen stranger.

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
Woo, I now has Minecraft - I forgot to mention that. So if anyone needs someone to play with I be here. :3

My single player game is going along swimmingly in any case - have a house built into the side of a mountain which is also next to a lake (several actually - there's a whole chain of them going out to the ocean) which is surrounded by forest, I couldn't ask for better. I set up a perimeter of torches and a partial wall such that hardly any monsters ever stumble into my area, so even at night it's relatively safe - no huge mobs to contend with, usually just a straggler or two. I set up moats to catch some of them, but it's nowhere near total protection. Most of the time I catch harmless things like cows and pigs in them, though I did get not one but two wolves that way too, who are now my pets.

The house has several tunnels, stairs, and exits, which makes it great for out maneuvering enemies, though I can probably make it infinitely better with some work. XD The only big issue that needs addressing is the fact that it's still rather easy for enemies to drop down from the mountain top and right next to the house. And for some reason every now and then I'll even find a skeleton INSIDE the house, which is just strange because it's well lit everywhere and secured. Bleh.

BallisticWaffles
Member Avatar
Frater Centurion
Can i haz ar of your save plzkthx. Ill give you mine as well. *puppydog eyes*

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U7MLA7FH
Here's a zip of my world files. Have fun. Could probably do better but alas I am a noob.
Edited by Fana McCloud, Jul 31 2011, 08:11 PM.

BallisticWaffles
Member Avatar
Frater Centurion
WHo are you kidding? that is awesome! The only thing you need to know is that they fixed the wolf bug so they can go through doors now, ou dont need to have doggy doors anymore. other wise, that looks fantastic for a starter.

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
Well that wasn't my experience - they still were having problems getting through doors, even the wood ones if I just left 'em open. Had to walk far enough for them to TP in. :P

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
Ha! minecraft. I have a gigantic sand castle built out of...well....sand. I was pretty proud of it too. But then I wandered off too far and lost it.

anyone here know how I can find it again? Is there some sort of mod or downloadable thingy that can warp me to a specific coordinate? (I took a screenshot with the coordinates showing so I have at least one hint of where it is. trouble is, I still can't seem to get to those coordinates.)

As for online play, my minecraft is too laggy to handle online play so you're gonna have to count me out....if you ever even counted me in of course xD

BallisticWaffles
Member Avatar
Frater Centurion
there is three ways. one is if you die and havent slept ina bed you will respawn at your origional spawn point. im not sure if crafting a compass will help or not, but it might point towards your origional spawn, andthere is a map program that allows you to both look under the surface and find your old base.

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
I think I glitched the game so I can't really die. I tried everything from jumping into the lava and swimming in it to 50 tons of TNT. Still didn't die. Might be because I was using INV edit though.

And I have a compass. But does it seriously point back to my spawn point? I hope so. I thought it just points north.

If all else fails, I guess I will use the map program. What's it called?

BallisticWaffles
Member Avatar
Frater Centurion
Compasses in Minecraft always point to your Spawn, not north.

And i do beleive its mineviewer.

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
Alright! Thanks for the help! :)

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
fanafox.dyndns-ip.com This should point at my Minecraft server but with my being behind a router I dunno if it'll work, so if somebody could test it for me that'd be great. XD

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Can some give me a good tutorial and some links on how to host a minecraft server and if possible how to use my single player map. Thanks

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · PC and Mac Gaming · Next Topic »
  • Pages: