Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Black Ops; or the CoD series in general
Topic Started: Mar 15 2011, 02:16 PM (565 Views)
Vulpinism
Member Avatar
Panther's Fangirl
I think this game is pretty good, but a few things about it are flawed... and yes, they're all online.

First, Five-year-olds should never have a mic. EVER.

Second, the team assignments are hardly matched well in my opinion.

Lastly, getting rid of parties in Wager Matches wouldn't hurt. Last time I played there was a team of four who killed me and the other guy, and then just t-bagged us for 7 minutes. Funny, but... yeah.

Overall, I like the game. It went into an interesting direction with the regular campaign and I enjoyed the characters and storyline.
What are your thoughts about it?

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Vulpinism
Mar 15 2011, 02:16 PM
I think this game is pretty good, but a few things about it are flawed... and yes, they're all online.

First, Five-year-olds should never have a mic. EVER.

^ I agree on those points.

Vulpinism
Member Avatar
Panther's Fangirl
Goodness, I should've made this a 'most annoying mic experience' thread.

Little kids just going "Hi everyone! I'm playing free-for-all!" and things like "Don't kill me I won't kill you I promise!"
Sometimes I imagine that there's an older person playing, and he gave the mic to his/her younger sibling just to be a dick.

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Moved this to General Gaming since it is a cross platform game.

I love Black Ops, apart from the 2 year old kids. I don't see how the game is very flawed but yes I can agree that parties need to die in wager matches.

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
The Call of Duty franchise is turning into something similar to Madden, and that is what I don't like about it; Activision has been milking the series to no end, and although there are redeeming qualities, very little innovation and new ideas are brought to the table. I enjoyed Black Ops but I fear that the sequel fatigue is finally catching up in my case. I'm looking forward to Battlefield 3, and I'm hooked on Killzone 3 at the moment ^^

Arashikage
Member Avatar
Shadow Element Lieutenant
I liked it, but my 12 year old sister came up with a better storyline

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Lol wut?

I thought it was a good story. I wasn't expecting that twist.

Vulpinism
Member Avatar
Panther's Fangirl
Yeah, I thought it was getting real interesting near the end.

[rainbow]SPOILER ALERT[/rainbow]

Only thing I don't like is that the end scene after you kill Dragovich just screams "AMUURRRKUHH!!!". You know, with the battleships and the jets and everything.
Not that I don't like being an American, but... it was a bit obnoxious IMO.
Edited by Vulpinism, Mar 15 2011, 07:05 PM.

Icy
Member Avatar
CDF Master Sergeant
^Uhh, spoiler alert, anyone? :?

I just got CoD4 a few days ago. I'm loving it. The campaign is good and the multiplayer rocks. (Not the hackers, though) Also love playing split screen.

One thing I think people don't understand is that Call of Duty is more of a franchise than a series. It's a video game with an annual installment. Like it or not. Think of it as a new TV show every year instead of every week. Overall, from the ones I've played, I love Call of Duty. :)

I want Black Ops now, too. :P
Edited by Icy, Mar 15 2011, 06:53 PM.

Vulpinism
Member Avatar
Panther's Fangirl
There's your darn Spoiler Alert :P

I really like split screen too, especially fighting bots. It makes me feel special. But facing bots on Veteran is next to rediculous. Still fun though.

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
@ Icy (too lazy to quote :lol: )

Call of Duty 4 was the last game that truly was incredible IMO, it nailed so many things and brought new ideas to the table; that for me is the epitome of the CoD franchise.

Vulpinism
Member Avatar
Panther's Fangirl
Very true. But:

[rainbow]SPOILER ALERT[/rainbow]

I think the 'Red Dawn' scario is a bit overdone. I saw it in CoDMW2 and Freedom Fighters, and I'm sure there are plenty more.

Doesn't mean it isn't fun, though, don't get me wrong.[edit_reason]Wrong game. Whoops![/edit_reason]
Edited by Vulpinism, Mar 17 2011, 11:04 PM.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
The story was okay but could of been better.
Annoying 5 year old kids, welcome to xbox live, on the wii you'll come across them but not very much.
Wager match's yeah but the servers need work on.
Oh yeah and Actavastion is very greedy, I think they already announced mw3 and blackops has been out for like a few months.

DarkXWolf12
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Never was a fan of CoD, played 3 of their games and I just can't seem to like it.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Only played Modern Warfare 1, 2, and World at War. Can't seem to like the series all too much and so I've given up on it. Not a bad game storywise, it's just everything else.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Gaming · Next Topic »
  • Pages: