Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Nintendo 3DS; Fox shares his opening experience
Topic Started: Mar 27 2011, 08:14 AM (275 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

First off, I want to say that I am not trying to rub this purchase in anyone's face. I am just sharing the opening experience so you know what to expect should you get your own.

I am typing this as it is taking place.

Okay, having came back from the store in the rain I have acquired myself a 3DS. I haven't opened it yet. In fact, it is sitting to my right as I am typing this. I already peeled the tape off, and it is one of the first things I liked. You see, usually tape on a box tears the cardboard and is annoying to get off.

First thing I want to describe the box. I got the Cosmo Black version and on the top it shows the 3DS itself closed to the right with a reflection on the bottom. To the left is the 3DS logo, with its own reflection. I won't go into too much detail about the box, though, as that tends to be boring to type and read.

The box structure is rectangular and it opens vertically, like a pizza box. Right now, I am going to open the flap and unleash this horror upon the world.

First thing I see is this huge green paper that shows this "Street Pass Mii Plaza thing." Right now, I don't care about it, so I'll put it off to the side for now.

Actually, it's a packet. The Street Plaza is first, in three different languages. After that is the quick start guide in three different languages.

Then... holy lord. The owner's manual. Granted, it's in three languages, but... geez....

Then you have the Nintendo Power advertisement and then..... a small yellow packet of "AR Cards" I'll get to these later.

So I put all of it back, and set it off to the side.

Now we have the meat of the sandwich. To the left we have... a charging dock, in the middle is the 3DS itself, and on the right is a charger. I put everything else I took out back in the box and set it in the side after taking these three things out.

The charger is pretty much the same as the DSi's and the earlier models. Block-style with a fold-in plug. Neat. I plugged it into the wall and into the charging dock.

Now for the 3DS itself. (oooohhhhh.... shiny.....) I picked it up and attached it to the charging dock. Well, it doesn't attach, but simply rests there. Upon doing that, the orange charging light immediately came on, letting me know it is getting its juice.

Now, to open the thing itself.

Hmmm, we have the two screens, a camera on the very top and center, the analog stick with the control pad underneath, the ABXY buttons, the Select Home and Start buttons underneath the bottom screen and the power button. The 3D slider is to the right of the top screen, in the OFF position. Well, here goes, now to push the power button and see what happens.

Hmmm, it took a bit to boot up, but that is to expect with the amount of power in the 3D technology it puts out.

First thing I see is SELECT A LANGUAGE, in four languages: English, French, Spanish, and... Portuguese? Okay. It has soothing music accompanying it, so I'm not treated to total silence. So I chose Engligh.

Then it said to make sue that the 3D slider is all the way up. Okay, it is, so next. Then it told me to hold it 10-14 inches away with a little cartoon white guy demonstrating it. Okay. Next.

Now it shows the 3DS logo with four crosses in each of the corner. The bottom screen is telling me that, believe it or not, the top screen can display images in 3D! WOW! Okay, so there's a button that says "Activate 3D" so I pushed that.

The logo and crosses zoomed out and I am not seeing depth. At least that part works. Now it is telling me to adjust the slider to whatever suits me. Next.

Now... Set date and time.

For this, I brought out the stylus. It was a little difficult to find, but I found it on the top of the DS, like in the original models. Yes, it is telescopic.

So I set the date and time: March 27th, at 11:07. It is still done in the 24-hour format

Now, I chose a nickname. Naturally, I chose TheRedFox8, which barely fits. It met the maximum number of characters.

Birthday is next.... Okay, chose that. Region: United States, Virginia.

Internet settings were next, but since I don't have wireless, I skipped that.

Then was the Parental Controls. Skipped that too.

Finally, that was it. Now it said to go to the home menu. So I did.

Okay, the home menu is set up much in the same way as the DSi. All horizontal. Oh, okay, you can group them all at once. Which is neat.

Okay, after this, I won't spoil it for you (and I don't want to type everything XP) So, that's my little story, and I hope you enjoyed it!

Deleted User
Deleted User

When is that coming out, anyway? :/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Nintendo DS · Next Topic »