Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Wii 2 Confirmed, Starfox a late launch title?
Topic Started: Apr 25 2011, 11:19 PM (415 Views)
Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Taken from IGN:

Quote:

Nintendo Japan tonight confirmed it will release a new game console in calendar year 2012. It will be announced and playable at E3 this coming June.

"We will show a playable model of the new system and announce more specifications at the E3 Expo, which will be held June 7-9, 2011, in Los Angeles," the company said in a brief statement. Nintendo did not reveal any additional details.

Multiple sources tell IGN the console - dubbed Project Cafe - will be "significantly more powerful" than the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and be backwards compatible with current Wii software. The console will also utilize a new, tablet-shaped controller. Sources say it will have a 6-inch touch screen display, dual analog sticks, and has the ability to stream content directly from the console. Launch titles are reported to be third party games, similar to that of the launch of the 3DS, our sources say we will get a new Starfox, Metroid and Pikmin shortly after the launch.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told Bloomberg News, "We would like to propose a new approach to home video game consoles" with the Wii successor. He added, "It's difficult to make 3-D images a key feature, because 3-D televisions haven't obtained wide acceptance yet."

Well, big news. IGN has been right so far, let's see how powerful it is at E3 and hopefully we get news on this supposed Starfox game. Starfox in HD, more powerful than the PS3. Shut up and take my money.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
*In General Pepper's voice* "WHHHAAAAAAAT!?"

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Let's hope this goes well for them and they suit the niche they are trying to satisfy with this console! Personally, I'm hoping that Nintendo really brings out the big-guns this E3; I'd love to see an HD Star Fox game hit the stores; IT'S IN FREAKING SPACE; HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE?!? :lol:

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
HD Starfox:

Posted Image

:3

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
Well, It wouldn't just be StarFox in HD, it be StarFox in HD with Motion controller's.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
HA! Nice one evilwaffles! :D

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Fox is the name, Tech is my game
Posted Image

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
The other night, I had a dream where Shigeru Miyamoto was on this balcony of an office building in Downtown L.A., and I was in a crowd of people, and Shigeru Miyamoto said "Good news, everyone! The new Star Fox game is finished and ready! Bad news, there's currently only one copy available for the time being. HOWEVER, it IS up for grabs! Try to get it!" and he dangled the game in its package box on a fishing line, on a fishing pole and reel.

He held it out of our reaches, taunting us, going "Here you go!" *pulls game on line out of reach* "Just kidding!" over and over again, until a HUMONGOUS Asian kid leaped out of nowhere, and grabbed the game on the end of the line, snapping the line. He somersaulted, still holding the game, and said "I got it!" and ran off with the game, everyone but a few people (including myself) chased after him for it. Shigeru had this look on his face like "WTF!?" and I said to him "Well, what did you expect!?" and he just shrugged at me, and went inside, taking the fishing pole and line with him.
Edited by Julius Quasar, May 10 2012, 05:54 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Old topic is old.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
(Sorry about that, I read the date wrong)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hehehee, yeah, I do that all the time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Starfox News · Next Topic »