Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Well since no one has posted this yet.....; Sorta old
Topic Started: May 31 2011, 08:16 PM (1,015 Views)
Megas75
Member Avatar
Prosecutor
I remember a while back finding a few articles a while back talking about rumors of saying that RARE may be working on some games for the 3DS, one of them turning out to be Starfox Adventures(though the rumors have gotten to where some will say it's a sequel and another saying it's a remake)

Where it says it's a sequel- http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/04/rumour_rare_looking_into_3ds_development

Where it says it will be a remake- http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=156704

My questions for you guys:
Do you want to see Starfox Adventures come back?
As a Sequel?
Remake?
IS IT A SEQUEL OR A REMAKE!?!?!!?!?

Discuss

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
A sequel. Perhaps there we can [better] learn of Krystal's origin....
Edited by Julius Quasar, May 31 2011, 08:31 PM.

Radigal
Member Avatar
The OFFICIAL Player of Marcus on SFG
i agree.....but please take away all the pointless running around

Taran'atar
Member Avatar
Jem'Hadar Observer
Remake. Go into Krystal's backstory, and fill in the plot holes. Get Blizzard and Bungie to help on it.

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Quote:

Get Blizzard and Bungie to help on it.

That made my day :P

I really doubt that this will happen but if the small, small chance that it does happen. I want Rare to remake it, make the Starfox Adventures they intended to make before the whole buy out issue.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Radigal
May 31 2011, 08:34 PM
i agree.....but please take away all the pointless running around
THANK YOU! :nod:

Icy
Member Avatar
CDF Master Sergeant
Pointless running around? You never played a Nintendo game? :P

Oh, yes, this...If there really is any truth to this, then by all means! :D
I don't want a remake, but if they decide that's what's best, then I'll gladly buy it day one. Maybe if it is a remake, they'd at least fill in a few plot holes and show us a bit more about Krystal's past. At least, that's what the fans want. I seriously love Star Fox Adventures the way it is. The mystery is very good and the whole story was well-crafted.

A sequel...yes, yes... :P
If they can keep some of the magic SFA had, then that's all I want. The atmosphere is what made that game the best game ever for me. No other game has come close to SFA's atmosphere.
TLoZ: The Wind Waker, and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine are two games that have an absolutely amazing atmosphere. And they still don't come close to SFA's! ^ ^

But I'll also say…I really don't think this will happen. Game companies never do what really makes sense… :(
Edited by Icy, Jun 1 2011, 03:14 PM.

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
A sequel?

This had better be good.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
If they do a remake, they better not replace all the weapons with walkie-talkies (damn you Spielberg!) :P

Taran'atar
Member Avatar
Jem'Hadar Observer
Icy
Jun 1 2011, 03:09 PM
Pointless running around? You never played a Nintendo game? :P Oh, yes, this...If there really is any truth to this, then by all means! :D I don't want a remake, but if they decide that's what's best, then I'll gladly buy it day one. Maybe if it is a remake, they'd at least fill in a few plot holes and show us a bit more about Krystal's past. At least, that's what the fans want. I seriously love Star Fox Adventures the way it is. The mystery is very good and the whole story was well-crafted. A sequel...yes, yes... :P If they can keep some of the magic SFA had, then that's all I want. The atmosphere is what made that game the best game ever for me. No other game has come close to SFA's atmosphere. TLoZ: The Wind Waker, and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine are two games that have an absolutely amazing atmosphere. And they still don't come close to SFA's! ^ ^ But I'll also say…I really don't think this will happen. Game companies never do what really makes sense… :(
Uh, Starfox Adventures had a great storyline?

Riiiiiiight.....

As for great atmosphere, have you ever played the Diablo games? I didn't even play them (I watched my uncle play them), and I could tell that the atmosphere was fantastic.

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
null

I seriously love Star Fox Adventures the way it is. The mystery is very good and the whole story was well-crafted.
If they can keep some of the magic SFA had, then that's all I want. The atmosphere is what made that game the best game ever for me. No other game has come close to SFA's atmosphere.

Edited by Icy, Yesterday, 3:14 PM.

Uhhhh, no offense, but the story was absolutely craptacular - it was a cobbled together mess. It had some interesting atmosphere, but nowhere near enough to get me leaping for joy. If you want a game with atmosphere, try Myst - that has oodles of atmosphere and there aren't even other characters in the game other than the player (for like 90% of it, anyway).

I'd rather they drive a stake into the heart of SFA in any incarnation - 3D or otherwise. Pass.

Taran'atar
Member Avatar
Jem'Hadar Observer
Yeah, I'm agreeing with Fana. Half-Life: Full Life Consequences has less plot-holes than Adventures, and that says quite a lot.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
Bwhahaha, the rumor is fake for one main reason.

Micrsoft OWNS Rare, that means they cant make starfox or nintendo games at all. And micrsoft wont allow rare to develpe for other consoles, also rare are best they dont need bungies help.

Megas75
Member Avatar
Prosecutor
MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Jun 2 2011, 05:25 PM
Bwhahaha, the rumor is fake for one main reason.

Micrsoft OWNS Rare, that means they cant make starfox or nintendo games at all. And micrsoft wont allow rare to develpe for other consoles, also rare are best they dont need bungies help.
Rare actually made a few games for the DS after Microsoft bought them, including Viva Pinata and Diddy Kong Racing, and for some reason, Microsoft doesn't mind them making games for the Handhelds
Edited by Megas75, Jun 2 2011, 05:47 PM.

Icy
Member Avatar
CDF Master Sergeant
@Taran'atar, Fana: Well obviously. I knew I'd be quoted and someone would say what you two said, but hey, it's my opinion! ^ ^

I sometimes think people just can't see through the few glitches and plot holes and see how amazing SFA was. I was not an SF fan when I played it. That seems to be what messes it up for other people, playing it as an SF game…?

Anyway, though, Diablo? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Myst? Probably so. I didn't say SFA didn't have a great atmosphere and that I was looking for games with one. I stated SFA had the best atmosphere I've ever seen in a game, movie, book, or any other form of media. Even real life. It created something amazing.

I seriously doubt any other game could surpass it for me.
But if you like, I'll gladly try Diablo and Myst and get back to you two! ;)

And about the story.
Once again, my opinion. It was great. It wasn't some "Mario goes to crazy places with no explanation as to why and the princess keeps getting captured and moved to other castles and Mario is going to save her, the princess, the damsel in distress…" Of course, that's one of the reasons Mario is so fun. No story whatsoever. Galaxy 1 and 2 messed that up. They weren't all that great in my opinion…

SFA had such a huge story. It was bursting to tell more, but it didn't. Some people liked that, some people didn't. Some people don't even realize it.
It wasn't some big "craptacular" story that had two main characters and a simple little line to follow. (Fox saves sexy damsel in distress) It was so much more. Play it again and try to catch it all. The side quests fit well into the story and it just…all flowed together.

Come on, you can't say SFA had a worse story than any Zelda game. They use the same story and gameplay elements SFA used. ;)
I think Rare and Nintendo did rather well, considering it was a last minute decision to switch it over to Star Fox. (Of course, though, I'm the "stupid clueless ignorant guy" who thinks SFA is the best game ever made)

Seriously, though, the best $2.50 I ever spent in my life.
Edited by Icy, Jun 2 2011, 09:55 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Star Fox · Next Topic »
  • Pages: