Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
[ti]BA[/ti]Debate Thread; Where you simply start debating and see whwere things take you.
Topic Started: Jun 21 2011, 07:38 PM (2,196 Views)
MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
satellite, the cable company where I live keep on turning us off even when we paid the bill.

>:C

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
Okay, how's about the big one? Opinions on abortion.

BallisticWaffles
Member Avatar
Frater Centurion
i beleive we are not allowed to debate that one fana other wise i think it would have come up sooner.

Im afraid im gonna have to deny tlaking about that topic. Lets talk about the good things humanity has done.

Megas75
Member Avatar
Prosecutor
Didn't we already talk about abortion?

Humanity has offered many good things in life such as Starfox, video games, TV, the internet, labor, new priorities, things that make our lives easier. Though to be honest, the bad things far outweigh the good*coughpoliticscough*
Edited by Megas75, Jul 10 2011, 05:35 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Megas75
Jul 10 2011, 05:34 PM
Humanity has offered many good things in life such as Starfox, video games, TV, the internet, labor, new priorities, things that make our lives easier. Though to be honest, the bad things far outweigh the good*coughpoliticscough*
^ This

BallisticWaffles
Member Avatar
Frater Centurion
WHt about the good side of politics? the helping of people who need help,. the distribution of healthcare, the running of our great nation, good politicions who help people,FDR. ANd personally, i do believe anything we have done bad is far outweighed by the good we do.

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/2511924/ So I found this little essay about rape culture and thought it'd be a good thing to discuss.

You you think the person is right about this? The only part I was a bit iffy about didn't so much have to do with rape culture:

Quote:

Calling someone “too sensitive” is a tactic used EXCLUSIVELY to invalidate people when they are found threatening. People invalidate others because if the “sensitive” person’s feelings were treated as valid, the accuser would have to give up some privilege they enjoy. And if there’s one truth about privilege, it’s that people will hold onto it tooth and nail.

I think there are instances in which someone can be "too sensitive", though not necessarily in the context of rape culture. Hell, the author might agree with what I have to say, but none the less I feel the need to clarify something. They're absolutely right about having to give up privilege if you validate someone's feelings of course, but sometimes I think a person's feelings are often used as an excuse to impinge on other people's rights and feelings in turn, and thus I have every right to tell them to take a chill pill and NOT validate some of their desires. I can understand desiring warnings about things, but I'll be damned if that translates into "thou shalt never depict such a thing, humorously or otherwise, EVER." I think asking for warnings is reasonable, though I'm wary of that too becoming out of hand, because not every trigger or preference can always be accounted for, or should - you end up with several page long disclaimers that way. That's a bit of a slippery slope argument, granted, but it's something I think is at least worth keeping in mind.

I do agree that in general our culture dismisses the victims of rape, quite seriously and without jest. There are lots of little things that accumulate into a huge anthill and contribute to what is overwhelmingly a rape culture that ignores a person's preferences and boundaries when it comes to their sexuality. I've had people slap my ass and tell me it's not a big deal or that they didn't mean it in any negative way - and granted, I don't WANT it to become a big deal either, I simply tell them I prefer that they not do it to me personally because I know my preferences might not be the same as most peoples' and I don't expect anyone to be psychic, but even that is met with a dismissive attitude. What does that say about our culture when someone's request about how their OWN person (body) should be treated is dismissed in such a manner? And I doubt most men would treat being tapped on the ass much differently than I do - in fact they'd probably respond in a far more hostile manner. There's double standards for ya.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
AMD processer vs intel processer.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
^ Depends on your work/project needs. Sometimes Intel is great for some stuff, not so great for other stuff, and AMD is great for other stuff, not for some stuff. (That's what the guy at the electronics store told me).
Edited by Julius Quasar, Aug 26 2011, 04:46 PM.

Arashikage
Member Avatar
Shadow Element Lieutenant

You can't compare two brands and ask which is better. There is no better, it's just which individual processor is better than the other. I have an AMD processor, it's better than my friends intel, dies that mean that AMD is better than Intel? No.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Professional Wrestling:

Real, or Fake?

I say it's fake...

Megas75
Member Avatar
Prosecutor
I'd say fake to a degree
Although most of the things they do, both in the ring and backstage, are scripted, they're still subject to some bad bodily injuries and harm

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Talk · Next Topic »
  • Pages: