Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Kursed; The character, not the user.
Topic Started: Jan 2 2012, 01:24 AM (2,001 Views)
Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
After seeing the post in the 'Ideal Starfox Game' thread where it is claimed that Kursed is Krystal's better half, it got me thinking. Why do people seem to think that Kursed is some sort of bad ass. I mean we had Project Kursed and then we have all the ton of fan works involving Kursed.

From the little we know about Kursed... she's a coward. She ran away from her problems and started anew, instead of dealing with her problems. She screwed up her life out of her own scorn but can't face it.

So, my question for this topic... What is your opinion on Kursed and why do you think she is perceived as a bad ass?

Falcory
Member Avatar
The Cool Blue Avian. When a bird's this smooth, he's bound to get the girls.
Most people probably just assume she is, because she became a bounty hunter. That sends an image of "Samus Aran" in most people's minds, who actually is a badass. XD
Edited by Falcory, Jan 2 2012, 12:22 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
I'd say she's more dark, and morose, like Brandon Lee in "The Crow", but not as awesome or as grim.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
I donno if I'd consider it her better half.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Kursed
Jan 3 2012, 12:25 PM
I donno if I'd consider it her better half.
^ Word. For the most part, I don't care for anything associated with SF Command.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
Though I think Kursed is a good idea what would be a better idea is if NINTENDO PUT SOME BRAIN INTO THIS SERIS AND MAYBE SOME BACKGROUND!!!

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Kursed
Jan 4 2012, 08:29 AM
Though I think Kursed is a good idea what would be a better idea is if NINTENDO PUT SOME BRAIN INTO THIS SERIS AND MAYBE SOME BACKGROUND!!!
...and if they put Kursed in a sexier outfit. :P

Megas75
Member Avatar
Prosecutor
I think people think that because Bounty Hunter=Automatic Badass, than Kursed=Badass

Me? I honestly can't say, though seeing how she came to be, I can't see any reason to like her

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
the only reason I liked Kursed in the first place was because Kursed of all the starfox characters may have had the ablity to develop some backbone (Backstory)
Edited by Kursed, Jan 5 2012, 02:09 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Kursed
Jan 5 2012, 02:08 PM
the only reason I liked Kursed in the first place was because Kursed of all the starfox characters may have had the ablity to develop some backbone (Backstory)
Yeah, that's true. The character's back stories are too finite:

Fox: Son of the legendary ace hero pilot who was the founder of the original Star Fox team. Fox is the leader of Team Star Fox, and bearing the weight of an 80 year mortgage on his back.

Falco: Former member of a space "hot rodders" gang, he could be a better pilot than Fox, if he could only curb his temper and recklessness

Peppy: The other member of the original Star Fox, Peppy is a seasoned veteran of piloting, fighting, and mercenary work

Slippy: Comic relief for the team, he also provides technical support. He's a better mechanic, technician, and engineer than he is a pilot.

Krystal: A former stripper before arriving on planet Sauria (no, I'm just kidding!) xD No idea much about her, she's telepathic, from the now destroyed planet Cerinia, her parents are dead, she was found by Team Star Fox on planet Sauria

See what I mean tho? Krystal especially needs more back story (and personality)
Edited by Julius Quasar, Jan 5 2012, 03:34 PM.

Arashikage
Member Avatar
Shadow Element Lieutenant
Krystal started as a character from a completely different game, she was supposed to be a cat too. Rare went to Nintendo with their design for "Dinosaur Planet" and Nintendo said "Screw you Rare, we're gonna make this a Star Fox game, that'll REALLY rake in the dough" and it did. Anyway, no, I don't think that Krystal really fits in, if Nintendo hadn't rushed her story with stereotypes and cliche's, then sure, she'd fit in more.

Now on to Kursed. Kursed in my opinion is not a badass. I agree with Waffles's post almost wholeheartedly. If she were a REAL badass she wouldn't be afraid to confront Fox about these issues they had. And maybe if the story thereafter actually led somewhere, instead of some poorly thought out, halfassed cliffhanger, maybe, just maybe, she'd be a bit more likeable. Bounty Hunter = badass ONLY if you're talking about someone who has actually demonstrated their skill, IE: Jango Fett, Boba Fett, and Samus Aran. Kursed however, has not.

The regular characters have more story than Kursed and Krystal combined in my opinion. You actually know why Fox fights, you actually find out why each member is on the team. However, Krystal, you don't know anything about. She goes to some planet called Sauria... Why? Let's ask Mr Nintendo Dev, shall we?
Nintendo Dev: "Uhh, telepathy.. Yeah... Uhh, she is telepathic because she's a princess from another planet... Called Cerinia... Annd... All the residents of this planet have telepathy... Yeah."
Oh, really? I'd like to go there some time, where is it?
Nintendo Dev: "Uhh you can't... It's uhh... It was blown up by Andross, including Krystal's family... Yeah"
Ooookay.... So she went around looking for Andross in search of vengeance? The same way that the Star Fox team did?
Nintendo Dev: "No, oh no no no, she.... Uhh, she just got a telepathic signal of a planet in distress... Oh and she speaks the language of the indigenous people... Because she's telepathic, yeah"
Well screw you Nintendo, way to promise a good story and let us down with the actual reasoning behind why she's there.

Anyway, my point is, Kursed = not badass, and Story =/= badass. Story = good character, Bounty Hunter = badass if you prove it, and Krystal =/= a well thought out, or fitting character.

And I haven't even GOTTEN to Kursed's story. Basically, she joins Star Wolf, why? Because Fox wouldn't let her fight, and she joins Star Wolf. Why? I dunno, it made sense at the time? Apparently, bad people aren't so bad when your ex boyfriend hates them? I don't know, there isn't much logic behind it. But here's where it really gets you: She joins Star Wolf, and DOESN'T expect to be called a traitor. Now Star Fox is really famous, they're known about all throughout Corneria. Star Wolf is also well known, especially as the main enemy of Star Fox. Now, put two and two together, how can you lead me to believe Krystal wouldn't believe she would be called a traitor and generally hated like the rest of the freaking Star Wolf team? Now, that's not the worst part. The worst part is that when she found out she was being hated, and people were jeering her as she walked by, she LEFT. She freaking left her problems behind, went to start some new life doing something only briefly mentioned. And why did she leave her life behind and start a new identity? Because people were making fun of her. Not only is this a WTF moment, this is a sad moment for anyone with morals. If you screw up, and people ridicule it for you, you don't go and LEAVE and start a new identity, you suck it up and deal with it. You screwed up, this is your punishment, and now the love of your life won't even look at you anymore, He tried to wipe you away with booze and tears, and you just sit there behind your little console and watch. You see him once more on Kew, but what do you do? You stand there as he walks on by. I hope you're happy Kursed. Here's to you *Swills*
Edited by Arashikage, Jan 5 2012, 05:02 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Heh, sorry I have nothing to contribute to this topic, but it's good so see you guys still on here. ^^

caat00
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
Kursed

Julius Quasar

...and if they put Kursed in a sexier outfit. :P

+1
Kursed

^ this
And...
I think it could be because of the image on the game, it gives the impresion that she's not the same person she was, that her mind its totally changed, rotten by the by the pain she suffered.
Anyway I still prefer krystal.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
Arashikage
Jan 5 2012, 04:46 PM
Krystal started as a character from a completely different game, she was supposed to be a cat too. Rare went to Nintendo with their design for "Dinosaur Planet" and Nintendo said "Screw you Rare, we're gonna make this a Star Fox game, that'll REALLY rake in the dough" and it did. Anyway, no, I don't think that Krystal really fits in, if Nintendo hadn't rushed her story with stereotypes and cliche's, then sure, she'd fit in more.

Now on to Kursed. Kursed in my opinion is not a badass. I agree with Waffles's post almost wholeheartedly. If she were a REAL badass she wouldn't be afraid to confront Fox about these issues they had. And maybe if the story thereafter actually led somewhere, instead of some poorly thought out, halfassed cliffhanger, maybe, just maybe, she'd be a bit more likeable. Bounty Hunter = badass ONLY if you're talking about someone who has actually demonstrated their skill, IE: Jango Fett, Boba Fett, and Samus Aran. Kursed however, has not.

The regular characters have more story than Kursed and Krystal combined in my opinion. You actually know why Fox fights, you actually find out why each member is on the team. However, Krystal, you don't know anything about. She goes to some planet called Sauria... Why? Let's ask Mr Nintendo Dev, shall we?
Nintendo Dev: "Uhh, telepathy.. Yeah... Uhh, she is telepathic because she's a princess from another planet... Called Cerinia... Annd... All the residents of this planet have telepathy... Yeah."
Oh, really? I'd like to go there some time, where is it?
Nintendo Dev: "Uhh you can't... It's uhh... It was blown up by Andross, including Krystal's family... Yeah"
Ooookay.... So she went around looking for Andross in search of vengeance? The same way that the Star Fox team did?
Nintendo Dev: "No, oh no no no, she.... Uhh, she just got a telepathic signal of a planet in distress... Oh and she speaks the language of the indigenous people... Because she's telepathic, yeah"
Well screw you Nintendo, way to promise a good story and let us down with the actual reasoning behind why she's there.

Anyway, my point is, Kursed = not badass, and Story =/= badass. Story = good character, Bounty Hunter = badass if you prove it, and Krystal =/= a well thought out, or fitting character.

And I haven't even GOTTEN to Kursed's story. Basically, she joins Star Wolf, why? Because Fox wouldn't let her fight, and she joins Star Wolf. Why? I dunno, it made sense at the time? Apparently, bad people aren't so bad when your ex boyfriend hates them? I don't know, there isn't much logic behind it. But here's where it really gets you: She joins Star Wolf, and DOESN'T expect to be called a traitor. Now Star Fox is really famous, they're known about all throughout Corneria. Star Wolf is also well known, especially as the main enemy of Star Fox. Now, put two and two together, how can you lead me to believe Krystal wouldn't believe she would be called a traitor and generally hated like the rest of the freaking Star Wolf team? Now, that's not the worst part. The worst part is that when she found out she was being hated, and people were jeering her as she walked by, she LEFT. She freaking left her problems behind, went to start some new life doing something only briefly mentioned. And why did she leave her life behind and start a new identity? Because people were making fun of her. Not only is this a WTF moment, this is a sad moment for anyone with morals. If you screw up, and people ridicule it for you, you don't go and LEAVE and start a new identity, you suck it up and deal with it. You screwed up, this is your punishment, and now the love of your life won't even look at you anymore, He tried to wipe you away with booze and tears, and you just sit there behind your little console and watch. You see him once more on Kew, but what do you do? You stand there as he walks on by. I hope you're happy Kursed. Here's to you *Swills*
Now where's the drama in her confronting foX?

Arashikage
Member Avatar
Shadow Element Lieutenant
What do you mean where's the drama? The drama is all around, you can sense it everywhere. When she sees him on Kew, she recognizes her, but she doesn't say a word, she just lets him walk by, and beforehand, she refuses to confront him, the drama there is that she refuses to do what's necessary for their relationship to survive. This causes Fox to think he's wasting his time, and she just eventually quits.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Star Fox · Next Topic »
  • Pages: