Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword; Wii's last performance!
Topic Started: Mar 1 2012, 09:40 AM (1,638 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Discuss Skyward Sword here.

I got this game during my deployment and I have to say I like it a lot. The story was pretty good, the combat was hellish pretty interesting, and the difficulty would be a reason to not recommend this game to new first-time Zelda players.

What are your guys' thoughts on this game? Or am I the only fox who has played it on this site?

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
It looks good, but I'm getting tired of Nintendo remaking the same game. Isn't skyword sword support to be first in the time line?

Deleted User
Deleted User

So what about it is "the same game?" Also yes, it is supposed to be first in the timeline.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
Simple, Play as some mysterious link that wears the same clothes, does the same task; solve a few dungeons then go defeat ganndorf or some other villain foe.

Deleted User
Deleted User

And that is what makes the Zelda franchise that popular. Sure it has the same mechanics, but that's what makes Zelda, well, Zelda. If they tried to change it up too much, fans will outrage ._.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
Not necessarily, If you notice Call of Duty Franchise lately it's been getting quite more criticism since MW3. They could always have link hook up with side kick that actually helps you like in combat and stuff or have link go out some where and another hero saves hyrule.

Deleted User
Deleted User

That has already happened. If you look at Fi in Skyward Sword, she is your sword, so therefore she helps in combat, literally. Also, remember the plot of Wind Waker, it says in the beginning that Link (the Hero of Time) went off to do his own thing and he didn't come back when Ganon was released, so another person had to do it.

Having a hero of a different name other than Link or Zelda will not be true to the franchise.

Radigal
Member Avatar
The OFFICIAL Player of Marcus on SFG
MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Mar 6 2012, 06:01 PM
Not necessarily, If you notice Call of Duty Franchise lately it's been getting quite more criticism since MW3. They could always have link hook up with side kick that actually helps you like in combat and stuff or have link go out some where and another hero saves hyrule.
Four Swords, nuff said xD

also, thus far I am enjoying the game...........as I tend to go apesh@t on the trees or anything else..........wOOt for random slashing :D
Edited by Radigal, Apr 29 2012, 08:17 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

And the person who let you borrow it :P

Radigal
Member Avatar
Yes, thanks RedFox, will probabl play some more tonight after I toggle with Mystery Dungeons a bit to get the pokemon I want to start with. THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN it is back to tree hacking

AND OMFG, just relized something. RedFox, remember how I was joking about just waving the sword in a circle? got a new idea. Swish and Flick xD
Edited by Radigal, Apr 29 2012, 08:35 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

At least that's better than what you have been doing with it.

Radigal
Member Avatar
what, running with it in the air.................THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

And getting your ass whupped by a spider <<

Radigal
Member Avatar
They wanted me to tap dance...........thankfully though all Zelda's have REALLY BIG SPIDERS.......and really tiny Bee's...........-whew-

Deleted User
Deleted User

Harry Potter reference much? XD

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Nintendo Wii · Next Topic »
  • Pages: