Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
StarFox 2
Topic Started: Mar 6 2012, 05:34 PM (1,639 Views)
Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
I think at one time they had Fara Phoenix, and this female lamb character, in a prototype version of Star Fox 2

Deleted User
Deleted User

That would be Fay, I believe.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
TheRedFox8
Mar 9 2012, 10:41 AM
That would be Fay, I believe.
But I thought Fay was a poodle... :?

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Starfox 2 was canned because it was going to end up being released too close to the launch of Starfox 64, Starfox was a major selling point for the console so releasing the game would potentially lessen the amount of people purchasing the Nintendo 64.

Fara Phoenix was to be in the game but was simply referred to as 'Lady', but ended up being cut.

Deleted User
Deleted User

null

- TheRedFox8Mar 9 2012, 01:41 PMThat would be Fay, I believe.But I thought Fay was a poodle...

And I thought Miyu was the poodle.

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Miyu = Lynx
Fay = Poodle

Posted Image

:P

Deleted User
Deleted User

Okay, then what was the sheep?

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
I don't recall a sheep being in any of the four beta versions of the game...

Got a link or a screen cap'?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Not at the moment. I'll let you know if something comes up.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Here's some stuff on SF 2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Fox_2#Setting_and_characters

http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Fox_2
(Look under "Development and Cancellation", first paragraph, to hear about the "Sheep" character")
Edited by Julius Quasar, Mar 12 2012, 12:46 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well, then. Now we know XD

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
TheRedFox8
Mar 12 2012, 01:16 PM
Well, then. Now we know XD
[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pele5vptVgc[/utube]

"...and knowing is half the battle!" :P
Edited by Julius Quasar, Mar 12 2012, 03:06 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh, god...

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
TheRedFox8
Mar 12 2012, 03:45 PM
Oh, god...
What's wrong with G.I. Joe? xD

Back O.T., I kinda like how Star Fox 2 gave you the strategic option of where to strike next.

Falco's Finest
CDF Conscript
Hey guys. I just joined here. New to the StarFox series as a whole, but I grew up on video games so obviously StarFox 64 was a big part of my childhood.

Anyways, I've been playing through the whole series lately and somebody convinced me to play StarFox 2. Couldn't be more pleased with the suggestion. I really enjoyed the game. I took some pictures of the character select screens for a thread over on StarFox-Online. Figured they might go nicely in this thread:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thought maybe that would give you a great idea of who the characters are. As you can see from the screens, the three "classes" of characters have a lot of different traits.

As for the game itself, it is a TON of fun. I certainly enjoy it more than StarFox (SNES) but they are both great games and this game is like a perfect mix of StarFox 64 and StarFox. I highly suggest anybody who is a fan of the early StarFox games to give this title a try. It is a tons more fun than I expected.
Edited by Falco's Finest, Apr 5 2012, 04:10 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Old School Star Fox · Next Topic »
  • Pages: