Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
[ti]SF[/ti]Tapridge University RP
Topic Started: Mar 11 2012, 07:25 PM (612 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

[offtopic]Before I get this RP on the road, I'm gonna lay down some rules and regulations.

1. This is a fictional college set in a fictional city, in the United States. Yes, in the United States. Also it's set in present time, so no ray guns, hover cars, and nanotechnology, and the like.

2.This also means that anthro characters do not exist, with a couple of exceptions. The supernatural and legends, such as vampires, werewolves and the Loch Ness Monster DO exist and live amongst society. It is up to you to realistically live amongst the public without causing panic and such.

3. All the characters live in the same dorm room. This prevents too many plot splits. They may or may not be roommates with each other. I'll leave that up to you to decide.

4. Most importantly, have fun! This plot is set up to where it's really not a plot at all, just a continuing story until it loses energy. I guess this would be called more of a chat RP than anything. PM me if you have any questions and happy RPing![/offtopic]

It was autumn, and the fresh start of a new semester.

Most of the students of Tapridge City University are returning students, either continuing on their degrees, or picking up where they left off.

To the far left of campus was the Alpha dormitory, which was only half-way filled to capacity. After all, it was mostly reserved for the newer students, as it held most of last semester's seniors.

In the commons area, the normal hustle and bustle was continuing on as usual, with the occasional roughousing occurred.

Suddenly, the door opened, and all eyes turned.

Yaku was standing there, holding a large duffel bag stuffed to the brim with his clothes and miscellaneous items. His brown hair was of medium length and reached down to his neck. It was messy and unkempt. He was wearing a grey-colored sweatshirt and worn jeans.

"I-is the Alpha Dorm?" he asked, examining his surroundings and various occupants.

"It sure is. Welcome. Make your self at home," a young red-haired boy said, gesturing tot he rest of the common room. The others just stared at him.

"Er, thanks," Yaku said, moving through the commons area and down the hallway, looking for his assigned room. He finally found it: 124. He unlocked it and stepped inside.

Fortunately, it was empty, as in, there were no other occupants. The room was built for two, with two desks, two twin-sized beds, and a small kitchen area and bathroom. He tossed his duffel bag on the floor near his bed, plopped down on the bed, and began to examine his schedule.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
A fiery pentagram appeared in the shadow cast be the dorm building, and in the center of it appeared a demon, who quickly morphed into human form. "Ah...Alpha Dorm..." he said, in a noxious, oily voice. An intricately grey filigreed arch-top trunk, with skulls, bones, batwings, and eyes covering the black surface beneath the filigree carvings appeared beside him.

Malignis, the demon, attending the college as a "student", lifted the trunk, which took no effort. He didn't need the trunk, but he was using it for show, for the benefit of the other students. Malignis looked like a kid who belonged at a Death Rock music concert, or some place like that. He brought the trunk with him into Alpha Dorm, and ignored the stares from the other students. He was here to stir up trouble at the university, tempt students to cheat, party, and stir up trouble with him as well.
Edited by Julius Quasar, Mar 11 2012, 10:56 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Fortunately, classes didn't start until Wednesday for him. Today was a Sunday.

Folding up the piece of paper and putting it back into the pocket of his jeans, he slid himself out of his bed and zipped open his duffel bag. He flinched when he did this for once the stress of the imposing zippers was gone, several of his clothes leaped out at him and spilled all over the floor. He couldn't help but laugh to himself. Despite what his mother was saying, he was determined to go to college with just one bag. Less luggage to keep track of anyway.

He separated his shirt, socks, underwear, and pants into their individual piles on the bed, and put his personal belongings to the side. These included an alarm clock, a small stereo, and a notebook with various writings such as current events in the mornings after a certain three days of a month, and the days of the different moon phases. According to it, tonight will be a first quarter.

When he was finished sorting out his things, he placed his clothes into his drawer and placed his other items into their respective spaces. When he was all finished, he sat on his bed and stared out the window.

He figured he was lucky enough to have a room with a view. A view that opened right up to the woods adjacent to this side of campus. He stared into the trees with a sense of longing, before he realized what he was doing and snapped himself out of it.

To stop himself from staring out there any longer, he picked up his notebook and flipped through the pages, reading over what he had already written. He kept a pencil handy just in case he needed to make any corrections.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Malignis made his trunk disappear, as soon as he was out of sight. He then made himself invisible, and skulked about the dorm building, observing his classmates.

Taran'atar
Member Avatar
Jem'Hadar Observer
Spironem stepped out of his car, checking to see if his holographic disguise emitter was working perfectly. It was. The Reticulan smirked. Amazing what a little light manipulation could do. Grabbing his suitcase, he walked towards the front door.

"Alpha Dorm". He muttered. "A bit bland a name, but I suppose it will do." Walking in, he turned to the RA at the desk. "Douglas Anderson." He said, giving his alias.

"Room 132." The RA said back, giving him his keys.

"Thanks." He said, before walking off into the room. Shutting the blinds, and turning on the light, he deactivated his holo-disguise, and began to pull various things out of his suitcase. Extradimensional geometry came in handy when dealing with holding the stuff he'd need. In short, his suitcase was bigger on the inside then it was on the outside.

Deleted User
Deleted User

[offtopic]Sorry for taking so long, guys.[/offtopic]

Yaku began to slowly drift off to sleep, having nothing better to do and wanting to meet the rest of the dorm tomorrow.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Malignis watched in scorn, as the students who sat in the common area were all glued to their electronic gadgets and gizmos. "Updating a 'Facebook status'...every 10 seconds. You people are pathetic. What's the point in gathering in quads and other common areas of the school if you're all doing something you could do in your own rooms!?" he said in a voice like a dry, autumn wind stirring up leaves. "Did you hear something?" asked a student, who heard Malignis' voice, but not his words. "It was just the wind outside." said another student. They went back to their business. "Yes. Just 'the wind'..." whispered Malignis.
Edited by Julius Quasar, Mar 24 2012, 10:29 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Before he wasted the rest of the day by sleeping, Yaku decided to go see what the rest of the guys in the common room were up to. When he got out there he found most of them on their cell phones, tablets, etc. He also found a strange fellow just standing there staring at them with a rather mean scowl on his face. He figured that he felt the same way he did when it came to modern conveniences like that.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Malignis sensed someone watching him. He saw Yaku staring at him. Can he see me!? I thought I was invisible...he thought to himself.
Edited by Julius Quasar, Mar 25 2012, 03:31 PM.

Taran'atar
Member Avatar
Jem'Hadar Observer
Spironem noticed one of his sensors started beeping loudly. Running over to see which one, he noticed the EMF Reader was going haywire.

What the hell? What could make an EM Field that strong? He thought. Grabbing his smaller scanner, disguised as an old GameBoy Advance, he activated his holographic disguise matrix, and walked out into the common. What could generate an EM Field as strong as this?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Julius Quasar
Mar 25 2012, 03:31 PM
Malignis sensed someone watching him. He saw Yaku staring at him. Can he see me!? I thought I was invisible...he thought to himself.
[offtopic]Whoops, I forgot he went invisible. Let's just say that he sensed him there, and his brain filled something in for him since he nearly fell asleep in his room and hasn't woken up fully yet.[/offtopic]

Yaku decided to leave the creature alone, which suddenly disappeared for some reason as if it wasn't really there, and sat on the spacious couch in front of the television. He pulled out a Kindle from his back pocket and switched it on, reading one of the books he had saved on there.

The book was a rather thrilling adventure novel and sometimes he found his heart racing at certain parts of it.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
[offtopic]That's okay Redfox8, I understand. Yeah, I figured maybe that he sensed Malignis[/offtopic]

Malignis sighed, and drifted upwards towards the ceiling...he floated above the others in the common room. The light fixture which he was now drifting near began to flicker furiously. Ooops! Crap! Better move away from this! Malignis thought, and he did so. The light stopped flickering.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yaku was a little surprised when the light suddenly went crazy for a bit, then returned to normal. The others on nearby seating arrangements looked up too, but they simple shrugged and went back to their business.

Tired as he may be, he knew that the event was a little too weird than to be a simple electrical or bulb failure. He decided to put it off for now, but every now and then, he glanced up at the light up above him.

Taran'atar
Member Avatar
Jem'Hadar Observer
Spironem looked up and saw the lights flicker. To a human, it would have looked just like that. But a Reticulan's visible spectrum extends farther than a human's, going into the ultraviolet and infrared. There was something there. Thankfully, his reader caught an image of it, and he would be able to analyze it later.

He was about to head back to his dorm, when he noticed another student looking up at the lights.

Perhaps he'll be able to help me.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Malignis skulked about the dorm, then sneaked over to the administrations building, where he looked up everything on every student registered at the school. After he went through the system in a matter of minutes, he heard a janitor coming down the hall, whistling, and moving a wheeled bucket and a mop. Malignis smiled viciously, and waited for the janitor to come closer. He hid in the hall, around the corner...

The janitor turned the corner, and saw Malignis in his real, fallen angel/demonic entity form. "RRRRRRAAAAAAUUUUGGGGHHH!" Malignis roared. "AAAAAHHH!" the janitor ran off, terrified. Malignis chuckled, and went invisible. He then went to the rec facilities, mainly the gym....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rp Thread Archives · Next Topic »
  • Pages: