Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
The End of All Worlds (the revival
Topic Started: Apr 6 2012, 08:33 AM (1,294 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Aurora

On board the destroyer Aurora Lieutenant Ozy stood on the bridge and stared out through the observation windows into the inky blackness of space. His job was to monitor the navigation instruments and keep on the lookout for any other suspicious ships. He used to be a cold-blooded sniper, and his uniform still reflected that, it being a black jumper suit with red crosshair symbols on both shoulders, but his commanding officer reassigned him to the Red Dawn's assault carrier strike group because she thought they could use a extra hand.

He sighed and crossed his arms. Truth to be told, he did not like it one bit being stuck here. He'd rather be on the field. Doing stuff like this was what he considered an insult to his skill. Still, that was the military for you.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Aurora

Seeing the ship's captain approach him, he immediately snapped to attention and faced her. When dismissed, he crossed his arms again.

"I'm doing just fine, Ma'am. All conditions nominal," he boldly declared. An ear twitched involuntarily.

Deleted User
Deleted User

[offtopic]As far as I know, no one's characters are on the Red Dawn

Ozy jumped a bit at the hologram's sudden appearance, then calmed back down. "I'm just fine, Ma'am." He had a little trouble speaking his concerns with a freaking O-6. He had to be careful to not say that he didn't prefer to be here, and rather be on the field where his skill could be used most.

Of course, that doesn't help if your Captain happens to be mind-reading and invasive.

Deleted User
Deleted User

"It's the rank, that's all," Ozy said, narrowing his eyes. "I mean, not wanting to be here is one thing, but telling that to your superior officer? That's the recipe for disaster."

[offtopic]It's true, there are certain things you NEVER want to tell a Captain. Not wanting to be there is one of them XD [/offtopic]

Deleted User
Deleted User

[offtopic]Also, it's good to see your avatar back from that plain black one[/offtopic]

Ozy lowered his head. "Yeah, yeah. I know. I know I musn't show weakness in front of the own troops I command. I know she's concerned about the morale of each of my troops, but I'm afraid on what would happen if I suddenly told her that I hated being here. I mean, nothing against you of course," he was referring to the ship itself as a whole, "I'd just rather be on the field, doing what I do best. Here, I just kinda feel cooped up."

Deleted User
Deleted User

[offtopic]It's good to see you back regardless.[/offtopic]

"Well, it's not space sickness," Ozy said as-a-matter-of-factly. It's just that I don't wanna be on here, when I could be of a lot better use on the ground, on the field, picking off targets hundreds of meters away. THAT'S where I prefer to be."

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ozy suddenly flicked his tail in excitement. "Really? We may actually go planetside?"

Deleted User
Deleted User

Small scout force, 50
000 miles from the main fleet
Far from the main fleet itself, a small group of ragtag ships, bribed/coerced/forced to scout for the CDF fleet, were on the lookout for any Kelverite ships. So far things have been fairly quiet, and they hoped to finish out their job so they can return home. They themselves were completely helpless should anything happen. Unfortunately, they were found as disposable, but hey at least the pay was great, and that was what these men needed desperately.

A crew member on one of the ships in front, the H-enarblok suddenly noticed a small blip on the edge of his radar screen. At first he noted nothing of this, as it could be a simple cargo vessel or pirate vessel. Pirates rarely attack scout ships since they hold nothing of value anyway.

What really got his attention was that there were more blips on the screen, slowly increasing in number so that massive patches of blips were beeping like crazy on the screen.

"C-C-CAPTAIN!" he shouted. "You should take a look at t-this!"

In an instant, the grizzled old dog bounded across the bridge in a feat of supernatural youth and peered at the screen.

"My god..." he muttered. "It's a fleet, and I have an aching suspicion I know what it is... All crew! Prepare for battle stations! Tell the rest of the fleet!"

Suddenly the ship shuddered and they were stuck dead out in deep space. "Heh heh heh, I wouldn't do that if I were you," a voice from nowhere said.

The main screen blipped on in this image:

Posted Image

and he said, "You aren't going anywhere. We know who you are and who you work for, you savage CDF dogs."

The rest of the crew fell silent. They knew they were hit by a tractor beam the moment a Kelverite capital ship loomed into view.

"But I'll tell you what. You can join us and take us to them. We'll give you.... triple what they are paying you."

"NEVER!" the captain said, tossing a random book to the ground. "We may not want to work with the CDF forces, but we don't want to see it destroyed!"

"That's too bad," the machine said as in the distance the lasers could be seen charging up with dark blue energy. "And you could have been so helpful too."

The screams of the H-enarblok fell silent as a big fat dark blue laser streaked through the inky void and slammed directly into the front of it, easily bypassing the shields and making it erupt in a brilliant fireball.

"I know the rest of you are listening in," the Kelverite said to the rest of the ships. "Either you are going to help us, or you're going to end up like your friend over there. What's it going to be"?

Aurora

The back hairs of Ozy's neck rose and he knew it could mean only one thing. Something very very terrible is going to happen, but he just didn't know what. He considered asking Serena about it. He had a bad feeling about this.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Aurora

Ozy heard the comm crackle to life and ask the question. After doing a few calculations and a quick check at their navigation chart, he came up with the answer. "Borealis, this is Aurora. Our rendezvous point is approximately 57,620 miles away from our current position. It's gonna take some time. And hey... can you switch to the alternate channel for a moment?"

He switched off the comm and turned to Serena's hologram. "Something's wrong. I can sense it, but I don't know what."

Deleted User
Deleted User

[offtopic]I mainly chose that picture to be humorous, since you said they were part machine, so I figured the Cylon would be a good choice XD But yeah, I'm fine with that :3 [/offtopic]

Aurora

"Do you think we should set general quarters, Borealis? I have a good feeling that there is something out there, though it is far away. I just can't shake this feeling that very bad things will happen in one or two days' time."

[offtopic]You do know what general quarters is, right? I'm pretty sure you do.[/offtopic]

Deleted User
Deleted User

[offtopic]General quarters is when you set a ship to be ready for battle. "General quarters! General quarters! All hands man your battlestations!"[/offtopic]

Deleted User
Deleted User

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5dVTrmv0M4&feature=related[/utube] [offtopic]Fitting theme, no?[/offtopic]

Aurora

"Certainly, Ma'am," Lt. Ozy said, tapping a few keys. He stared at the screen for a minute and looked back up. "I'm getting nothing at the moment. Perhaps this feeling is all a big misunderstanding?"

[offtopic]Yeah, the other fleet is still 50k+ miles from them. I doubt that even the most powerful radars have that range.[/offtopic]

Deleted User
Deleted User

[offtopic]You should play that game sometime, Julius.[/offtopic]

Ozy gave Übervixen a sharp look. "Please don't touch that. Especially in a time like this."

Deleted User
Deleted User

"It's just a really bad feeling that the both of us got," Ozy said, continuing to read the monitors. "Something big's going to happen, but I can't quite place a paw on it."

[offtopic]I'm up for fastforwarding to the time the scout fleet returns, bringing the Kelverite fleet with them.[/offtopic]

Deleted User
Deleted User

Time passed.

Almost everyone on the bridge was holding their breath, due to the entire ship in General Quarters. Anything could happen, and nobody knew of the horrors that was about to unfold.

Suddenly, Ozy saw a small blip on the radar. Examining it closer, he found the Friend-or-Foe ID system to register it as a ship from the scout fleet they sent ahead of them.

"Captain! Our scouts have returned!" Ozy declared once he saw more and more blips appear on screen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rp Thread Archives · Next Topic »
  • Pages: