Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
[ti]SF[/ti]The Secret of Gavel (RP)
Topic Started: Apr 30 2012, 05:54 PM (7,116 Views)
Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
Lira Lupus sat on a park bench watching some kids make snowfurs, breathing out puffs of warm vapor in the chilly air as she simultaneously listened to some "light" reading material from an earphone. With her fur being fully grown out into a winter coat the chill didn't bother her so much, though the blandness of the white landscape had passed her mind. Being the observer and learner she is however she'd rather be outside watching kids play than staring at a wall indoors. The members of her squadron were all away separately on leave, thus she had only herself, her books, and whatever else she could find for entertainment. Kids were certainly interesting, but not good companions or entertainment on an intellectual level, and so she yawned and contemplated what she could do that was more interesting.

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
After having had a restful night, Lira decided to get back to nature a bit and hiked out to some woods on the edge of town. It was here that she was truly in her element, though she had to restrain herself from turning her sabbatical into a geology study as there was a lot she found interesting about the rocks in the area. To avoid such temptation she gazed up towards the branches of the trees and past them at the sky. After a moment she closed her eyes and simply listened to her surroundings - aside from the birds she didn't hear any rumblings of life around her, but she did hear the wind which had a faint roar that wasn't normally present in the midst of civilization. It was calming, soothing even.

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
After awhile of peace and quiet, Lira started walking back towards town. Once she hit the edge of the forest she saw the assembled group off in the distance, which struck her as odd because not many came out this far, let alone in packs like that.

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
Lira trekked out towards the group, and upon coming within speaking distance addressed them. "And here I thought I was the only one in this place that appreciates a little fresh air," she said with a chuckle.

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
"Not from around here, no, I'm on leave" Lira said as she took Alex's hand and shook, "What brings you out here?"

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
"No, I'm afraid I come from someplace a bit less pristine originally," Lira said with her eyes gently scanning the landscape and sky as she did. "A hike though, that sounds splendid. Sadly I've avoided going out on a hike myself thus far during my leave - it is not the best practice to go deep into the wilderness alone, after all."

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
"Is that an invitation?" Lira said with a slight smile, obviously her attempt to not impose by not directly asking to come either worked or was seen through rather swiftly - she figured the latter in this case. "I hope everyone is in agreement though," she said as she looked towards Sapphire.

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
"I think I'll manage," she said as she tugged one of the straps of her backpack, which she always carried as it was her stand in for a purse, though in reality she almost always packed it like a survivalist even when she was in Corneria City - thus she was prepared enough for a few days.

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
((It's probably just an off day for everyone. I usually use my Sundays to rest or do creative things. XD))

"Sounds perfect," Lira remarked as she shrugged her pack off her shoulders into her hands. She opened it up as she continued to walk with them and took out a canteen of water, then closed the pack and slung it back onto one shoulder before indulging in a small sip. Her appearance made her look like a normal hiker and naturalist with a preference for natural shades - her shirt brown, pants green, and boots brown again - but the canteen was very specifically military issue, as was the pack itself.

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
"Yes, I did," Lira said as she took a gander at the bushes, "I believe our friend Alex may be correct."

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
Lira walked in step with Sapphire; not being very superstitious, the eeriness of the place didn't affect her as much, though the neatness of the so called "ruins" certainly was enough to keep her on guard, seeing as it probably meant that someone - or some thing - was still there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Rp Thread Archives · Next Topic »