Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
[ti]SF[/ti]The Secret of Gavel (RP)
Topic Started: Apr 30 2012, 05:54 PM (7,175 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

It was a clear, crisp, but chilly early winter day in the town of Mallet. Cars roared down the streets, children were laughing and playing, and the birds sang in the air.

However, nobody cared about the weather.

At her house, Sapphire decided to go up to her attic and straighten things out. She climbed the stairs up there and opened the door. Instantly she was met with a hot and stale blast of air that nearly made her choke.

Brushing the air out of the way she surveyed the attic. Several dusty boxes were piled seven high and they were so tightly packed some items were spilling. Instead of having these boxes in the middle of the floor, she figured to slide them against the wall and in the corner so there would be space in the middle.

As she was moving the boxes around she happened upon a small leather book that she did not remember ever owning. She picked it up and thumbed through it. It appeared to be a sort of guide for a strange and mystical place called-

"Gavel," she said out loud looking at some of the drawings. It seemed like it was a mere weeks journey from where she was standing and was told to harbor a great and terrible secret.

Being the natural adventurer she was, she was instantly intrigued. What if it was treasure? What if she gained super powers from the journey?

She laughed as she brought the book with her downstairs and plopped on her couch. The attic could wait. This book was far more interesting.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sapphire contemplated going to one of her friends' houses to show them the book. She wouldn't mind having a little company.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sapphire decided to stand up and go next door to Alex's house to see if she wanted to have a look at it. She exited her own house and knocked on her door, book clutched tightly in her left paw.

Deleted User
Deleted User

"Hey, Alex," Sapphire said, shivering from the cold. "I found this little black book up in my attic that I didn't notice there before, and it's contents are pretty interesting. Mind if I come in?"

She heard her name being called and turned around to see Skip rushing toward her. A slight grin cracked over her face as she waved at him.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sapphire beckoned Skip to follow her as she stepped inside, pulling up the book. "This is it," she said. "I found it while cleaning my attic. Strange thing is that I've never seen anything like it before. I don't remember ever owning it."

She frowned and looked down, flipping through the pages, then held it up to Alex. "Wanna have a look at it? It's pretty interesting. It tells of this place called Gavel about a few days' hike from here. Let's go check it out!"

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sapphire narrowed her eyes and frowned a bit. "But I have read into it," she said. "I think the place is pretty cool. I'm gonna go there myself, and you can come too if you wish."

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sapphire wagged her tail a bit at the prospect of having company along for her trek. "Yeah, I need to go home too to pack my stuff. I'd bring mostly warm clothes and foodstuffs. Maybe some medical supplies too, I dunno..."

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sapphire hugged Alex and left to go back to her own house to pack up.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Back at home, Sapphire grabbed her large hiking bag and sleeping bag from the bottom of her closet and set it on her bed. She took about three changes of clothes and stuffed them in there. She then went to her kitchen and prepared a few bags of trail rations that compromised of Cheerios, chocolate chips, and peanuts. When she was done, she attached the sleeping bag, strapped down her bag and texted Alex on her cellphone: "Hey, how about we meet up tomorrow at nine o' clock at the edge of town? Sound good?"

Deleted User
Deleted User

[offtopic]Isn't someone a little prepared today? XD[/offtopic]

Sapphire padded to her closet and pulled out her heavy traveling cold-weather gear and placed it on the floor near her bed. It was a heavy coat, long scarf, and cloak. She figured she would be just fine in that. It looked comfy to even sleep in.

When done, she undressed and plopped herself into her bed, her arms crossed behind her head while staring at the ceiling. Her mind was awash in thought as to what this place might look like. Will it be forgotten and haunted? Will there be lost technological advances? She didn't know, but she was very eager to find out.

Before she knew it, she drifted off to sleep.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sapphire was awakened by a beam of sunlight poking through her window. With a loud yelp, she looked at the clock on her wall: 9:16.

"Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit!" Sapphire moaned as she jumped out of bed and threw a quick change of clothes on. Once done, she put on her heavy cold-weather gear, snatched up her backpack and bolted toward the door. "Fuck, they're gonna kill me!"

Deleted User
Deleted User

Along the sidewalks leading toward the edge of town, Sapphire could be seen full-on sprinting down them. Many people she flew past stopped in their stride, looked at here quizzingly, and went on with their lives. When she finally reached the edge of town, she stopped and looked for any of the ones she agreed to meet yesterday, panting for breath.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sapphire stopped, confused. She hadn't seen him yesterday. How did he know about the trip?

"Er, not to be rude or anything, but I never invited you," she said, indicating that she was the one who started the expedition and trying to be nice as possible about it. "Not that I didn't want you to go or anything, but who did invite you? I never saw you yesterday.

Deleted User
Deleted User

[offtopic]A.... crossbow?[/offtopic]

"So sorry I was late," Sapphire panted. "I guess I forgot to set my alarm. Everyone all set? I'm ready to go when you all are."

Deleted User
Deleted User

"Nope, this is it as far as I am concerned. I only asked you to come along. I suggest we get started. We're burning daylight."

[offtopic]Let's start kinda slow, because Radigal's sneaking in as well, though the characters don't know that. Plus it gives Fana time to slip in. I don't wanna wait forever, however. Gotta get this plot going ^^ [/offtopic]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rp Thread Archives · Next Topic »
  • Pages: