Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
[ti]BA[/ti]Fixing your NES; yes, it is possible
Topic Started: May 15 2012, 01:28 PM (368 Views)
Radigal
Member Avatar
The OFFICIAL Player of Marcus on SFG
Well, while out today I traveled into a pawn shop that had a HUGE selection of games. Upon talking to the owner about the Nintendo, he brought up there is a way to repair it. He mentioned the 72-pin cartridge. Well, As soon as I got my wolf butt home, I looked it up, and opened up to play Operation with my NES. After some tedious tinkering, I put it all back together and it works properly.

Here is a link in how to do so.

Click here if you value the life of your Nintendo

but when it spoke about pulling the pins up, I got a little confused.....so I found this on youtube to find exactly where you are supposed to stick the tiny screwdriver/safety pin.

If you become as clueless as I did, CLICK HERE!!

and there you have it!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hehee, "wolf butt"

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Nice find there!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hehee, you don't even know.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Don't know what?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Noooooooothing~

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Oh wait, now I get it, "as soon as I got my wolf butt home", ha!
Edited by Julius Quasar, May 16 2012, 01:15 PM.

Radigal
Member Avatar
-facepaw- RedFox.................you horn dog xD

but yeah, I suggest that after doing this, when you insert your games, insert them gently, as well as just use Rubbing Alcohol on the games vs. blowing on them, in turn, this would also help to keep the 72-pin clean.

Deleted User
Deleted User

And you know it! XD

Heh, whenever I can't get games to work, I just lick the end of it, then blow directly into it.

Works 95 percent of the time.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
As miffed as I am at the AVGN, I still like his videos, and this one comes to mind when I see this topic: (bad language/obscene humor warning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdWRTleizFU&ob=av3e
Edited by Julius Quasar, May 17 2012, 07:36 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

That is one of my favorite AVGN episodes.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Yeah, I like it too, along with the Atari 5200 and the Nintendo Accessories.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sega Genesis :D

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
"Sega CD!? Sega Sh!t!"

Yeah, blowing on the old NES cartridges and holding down reset was a P.I.T.A.

I personally suspected that never really worked, and neither did those "Cleaning tools/kits".

Remember the alleged "Light Bulb/Lamp Trick" to make your "Light Zapper" gun work again? That never worked either, as discussed by the AVGN.

I think this "72 pin resetting tactic" does work, however....
Edited by Julius Quasar, May 18 2012, 03:10 PM.

Radigal
Member Avatar
it does, trust me, I have been using my Nintendo more and more. and hey, if you don't wish to screw with the 72-pin, you can always buy a new one, fairly cheap depending on where you buy it. Like a gaming store up the road from where I live (way up the road), has replacement 72-pins for $5, thinking next time I am in the area I might buy it just to have a back up if pulling the pins up no longer works for my NES

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Talk · Next Topic »
  • Pages: