Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Saph's Works; Art Presentation
Topic Started: Jun 16 2012, 03:45 AM (3,176 Views)
Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
Yes, I thought about putting this small thing up here since I saw that most of the Members here have creative vains and I love the world of Art(s).

To begin with, I started to draw by the age of 5 (Sailor Moon as example. Yeah, girly stuff), but I got deeper to this hobby when I turned 13 and played all the Sonic games back on the Dreamcast (Sonic Adventure, Sonic Shuffle & Sonic Adventure 2), so you shouldn't expect a perfect Illustrator here :lol:

Mostly I draw my own created Characters rather than the Official Characters Nintendo, SEGA (and so on), but I do draw Officials from time to time when I have some ideas for them.

Tools I use for my works:
Pencils, Water Colors, Copic Markers, Photoshop 7.0/CS2, SAI, GIMP (+ Graphic Tablet)

Sadly I rushed into the Star Fox Franchise after Star Fox Assault (which I gained in 2010) so it's a bit of fresh land for me, but thanks to the franchise I started to get away from the Yuji Uekawa Style who is the main Artist of SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. I do draw Sonic still, but I will start to concentrate more than just Sonic or Star Fox.

You can find me on following sites:
Main Account: http://saphiria-chan.deviantart.com/
Sketch Account: http://Saphiria-Sketches.deviantart.com/
FurAffinity Account: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/saphiria-chan/
PIXIV Acccount: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=4193108
InkBunny Account: https://inkbunny.net/SaphiriaChan

I must warn those who are under 16:
Some of my works contain Nudity, so if you possess an Account on any sites I listed up, be sure you checked your settings so 16+/18+ Arts won't be shown.

Feel free to look around if anyone is interested, you can also ask me any kind of question!

Sincerely:
Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Edited by Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge, Sep 10 2012, 08:40 AM.

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
Thank you all, I try my best to do a bit more of Star Fox stuff in the future. If anyone has a character wish just come up with it, at the moment I have some kind of drawing blockade and don't know what to draw :lol:

Also I fixed the FurAffinity link, for some unknown reason it told me a 404 Error though the adress was right, lmao!

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
Thank you all for the compliments, I'm glad to see that some of you like my works :)
Well, if I ever find enough time I surely will work on the fan character Tenko and Lola, just give me references of characters and I see what I can do.

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
Okay, I've saved the character references on my laptop so I know what characters I still need to work on. Currently my slots are overwhelming so I need to put a stop somewhere. I have plenty things to work on :lol:

Also a big 'thanks' to you, Kursed, for fixing my URLs!

Currently I am working on...
Spoiler: click to toggle

I don't know, but I like how this one turned out. I'm a huge self critic, so not every picture that I've made will come in color.

Last picture I submitted was (Warning! Mature folder On: Nudity):

Just a small collection of bird characters. Falco Lombardi from Star Fox, Birdy from Bomberman Jetterz (next to Falco on the right), Tori Cloudstep who belongs to me (next to Falco on the left) and Raven-Alison Wingeye who belongs to my best friend (underneath Falco).

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
Thanks tons, RedFox8 and Caat00!

Yeah it's been a while since I drew something... life keeps everybody busy. I need to refresh my Premium Account on DevArt, blargh. Also I am currently trying to learn the Megaman ZERO style by Keiji Inafune while learning japanese and taking care of this and that here and there. But don't worry, folks! I will work on every request that was made here.

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
I'm sure you will get as 'good' as me and any other artist with alot of practise, Kursed. Practice and patient are the keys to success.

Yes, I still have some open character slots, so if there's any request don't hesitate to ask!

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
Uh, very hard to say since I'm living through my "To do Journal" on DeviantArt.

Requests: 7 (with Tenko, Lola and Tigress added)
ArtTrades: 4 (one belongs to FurAffinity only)
Collaborations: 1
Projects: 1 (Wallpapers, atm: 6)

There will also be many other works I will do, and since I take my own time do finish things be warned that it might take a while until you'll see some progress *bricked*

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
Oh yes, that's totally true, RedFox8 :D

A work that is just for the lulz (Attention: 16+ [Nudity]):

I was bored last night and had no real clue what to draw, so this one came out of nowhere and was put on... err.... digital paper!
Edited by Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge, Aug 23 2012, 06:36 PM.

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
@Arashikage:
Thank you kindly! And yes, drawing costs alot of free time, stamina and practice. Even myself can get a very lazy ass so that it might happen that I won't draw anything at all though I have plenty to finish. But I always say: As long as I'm not getting paid for doing stuff, I take my time to do the stuff. It's not like I want to let people wait for years, but there are some moments where I just hate my works that I'm not willing to draw anything, mostly because I just can't picture the stuff I have in mind. It can be a VERY frustrating hobby/job.
And sure, just give me a reference of Kage and I'll see what I can do!

@RedFox8:
It is the way it is! *bricked* There can be days where I'm drawing like I'm totally UBER knowledged, but then there are days where I have nothing in mind and everything I draw looks like shit XD giant selfcritical here, lmao!

@Kursed:
I'll promise I will take my time drawing every single character that was requested to bring up some good quality :)

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
@RedFox8:
That's exactly the problem I have most of the time. I'm actually glad when at least 1 picture looks like the way I had it in my head.

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
@RedFox8:
It's not only this picture I've posted up on FurAffinity but yes xD I'd say it's harder to draw pictures from out of your mind than drawing something totally random that turns out to a good picture at the end. Boredom is the Artist's best friend! *bricked*

@Julius:
It's no problem at all, Julius! I'm just glad that you like them :D

@Topic:
1. I made the last updated picture seeable for everyone in this topic if this is okay and isn't running against the rules. I checked the picture with the whole bird characters that were nude without much details, and since there aren't any big details in the newest one I brought up the "spoiler code" for it. Hope you people don't mind?

2. This is actually a VERY stupid one, but... people, if I draw your characters, should it be...
1) A full body picture?
2) A half picture (portrait picture)?
3) (If any of point one or two were chosen) should it be colored, or just a black/white picture with highlights in it?

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
@RedFox8:
Okay, I'll put that on a note then :D
Well, some people can be very picky about such kind of content. it might not be nudity in a direct way, but it still has a 'sexual' direction. To be honest, drawing Adult stuff is just another way of great art, it is challenging you with your knowledge of body anatomy of it's fullest. I must admit though that I don't like the unnatural things some people are drawing in Adult art, if you get the hint about what I'm trying to point out.

@Kursed:
Daw, I kind of feel flattered now :lol: But yes, it's very very true.

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
@Arashikage:
If he's a human then I'm sorry, but I'm not skilled enough to draw human characters yet... :O

@RedFox8 & Kursed:
I guess it might be better to not to think about anything that could hurt the eye of people that have normal taste... :lol:

@Topic:
New stuff! Well, at least a bit.

I stomped into one of my old childhood Cartoons from the 90's, something that I actually could never forget but never had spoken about it anymore. Biker Mice from Mars by Rick Ungar. Geez it was an awesome Cartoon back then. I saw the 2006 version of it and... it's not even worth to be mentioned.
Anyway! I tried to create an Original Character that is based on the BMFM franchise, and voila! Champagne Oxygen.

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
Thanks tons, guys!
Yeah I know, I still have a few things to take care of, but not as much as I had while I had my japanese course. But good news: It might happen that I will go on an Illustration Academy at the beginning of next year! :D

Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Traditional Art · Next Topic »
  • Pages: