Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Your thoughts of Falco Lombardi?
Topic Started: Jul 27 2012, 07:09 AM (1,980 Views)
Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Falco Lombardi...

The excellent anti-hero, a serious badass, and ironically, he would be a better pilot than Fox, if he just wasn't so reckless and hot-headed. Falco is a great scout, hunter, and tracker. Though he is a great friend, his loyalty can wane, yet he is not a traitor. He is very independent, though at times also slightly self-centered and narcissistic. But through it all, I'm glad Falco is a part of Team Star Fox.
Edited by Julius Quasar, Jul 27 2012, 06:25 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Wow, I didn't know Falco was a pheasant. Cool! Falco is one of my favorite anti-heroes, along with Wolverine...

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
I love his East coast New York/Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) tough guy voice/accent in Assault, his voice in Adventures sounded like some European backpacker trying to hide his accent, or he sounded like those two European characters on "Family Guy" who are "trying to assimilate" (I mean no offense to any Europeans, here or otherwise).
Edited by Julius Quasar, Aug 19 2012, 09:50 AM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Aug 19 2012, 10:02 AM
@Julius:
Falco was meant to be a pheasant back in the character concept development, but they changed his race to a falcon later on. The name "Falco" is also from a japanese child story where the main character was a pheasant called Falco. Even Fox's name was inspired by a japanese baseball team. It was also interesting that Slippy was inspired by some joke works by some Nintendo employees. Someone always wrote "ribbit, ribbit" on his papers so they created a frog character. I don't really remember the part with Peppy, but I believe this was also a child's story.

Oh yes, his Brookyn accent in Assault and SSBB was very fitting. Also I believe the thing with the "Free as a Bird" gang was inspired by New York or so, any place that is full of gangs. And no, I don't feel offended at all, I felt the same way with Falco's voice back in Adventure xD

Oh, I see...wow, thanks for the info on that!

Oh cool, I thought it might be a Brooklyn accent. Oh cool, "Free as a bird gang" was real? I never knew that! Cool! Glad you weren't offended, and I'm also glad you felt the same way about how Falco sounded in Adventures, how about that? xD

If there was swearing in any Star Fox, Falco would cuss up a storm.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Aug 19 2012, 02:37 PM

@Julius:
No no no, there doesn't exist a real gang called 'Free as a Bird', it is just the official and real name of Falco's ex-gang since they started Star Fox, and I honestly don't know why they called it 'Hot Rodders' in other countries anyway just to put 'Free as a Bird' up in the Star Fox64 3Ds version in EVERY country. Total nonsense. I only know the 'Hell's Angels' but.... I'll say nothing because everybody should know this gang. When I said it was 'inspired by New York', I actually meaned that especially in New York are many gangs lurking around. Since Falco has Brooklyn accent and was the (ex)leader of a gang I'm sure Nintendo thought of New York or any other place in America that has to deal with street/motorbike gangs. Sorry if I confused you :lol:

I felt like "wtf Falco, stop drinking and smoking!". The Adventures voice wasn't the best voice they gave him, but still I do like Ben Cullum as music composer. He created the Star Fox Adventures soundtrack and sound effects together with David Wise afterall. Offtopic info: Ben Cullum is the older brother of Jamie Cullum, if someone knows this wonderful music artist.
Oh boy, do I feel stupid right about now *facepaw* Sorry about that, but thanks for clearing that up.

Oh yeah, huh? Falco probably would be drinking and smoking (along with cussing, and probably even stealing) if they made Star Fox more adult. He's almost like...Bender, from Futurama.

Falco: "Bite my feathery avian ass!" xD

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Harmony Descent
Aug 20 2012, 10:56 AM
He needs to get laid. That is all.
Nice to see you again Harmony!

Yeah, and I'm sure Katt will volunteer for that! xD

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Aug 20 2012, 05:17 PM
@Julius:
I always think that Falco is a swearing character, but not as intense as other characters. It just might depend on the whole situation. In our German version of Star Fox Assault, the last fight against the Aparoid Queen, Falco said "Lass dich nicht von ihrer hässlichen Fresse beeinflussen, Fox!" (= Don't let her ugly mug get to you, Fox!/Don't fall under influence by her ugly mug, Fox!) or something like that.
Oh that's awesome, ha ha! Yeah, but he is a maverick just the same. Lotsa of people love a "bad boy", or better yet, a "badass", so to speak, and every team needs someone like that.
Edited by Julius Quasar, Aug 20 2012, 08:50 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Aug 20 2012, 09:40 PM

@Julius:
That is a true fact, but it's not always the 'badass' status they like on the character, it's more the hidden sides those characters could have, like being actually very romantic and kind hearted. The more mysterious a character appears, the more the fans want to figure out the 'true identity' of the character. It's like putting a puzzle together in a slow pace.
I myself am a big 'fangirl' of Falco, but just because he is my top favourite doesn't mean that I can't go on natural ground when it comes down to him. I made some crazy experiences with hardcore fangirls from different franchises and heck, I'm glad that I'm not even near that insanity. I don't understand this crazy "HE BELONGS TO ME!!!!" shit.

It might go off-topic now but even in my FanFiction where my main Character gets into a romantic relationship with Falco I stay on natural ground. I don't like to see official characters getting totally screwed up by some crazy fans that think they can change stuff on those characters as they please, especially the personality. It gives me the feeling that they totally have NO CLUE of the character/s at all.

I don't want to offend anyone here in this Forum of course, but if you life on DeviantArt for 6 years or any other artcommunity you need to face drama and couplewar in EVERY CORNER OF ANY FRANCHISE, and it makes me sick. Seeing people (especially young fans, who think they know EVERYTHING by just playing 1 f*cking game!) creating fan characters and f*cking around with the personalities of awesome characters just to pair them up at the end is just a no-go.

.....Off-Topic ends here XD Sorry folks, it just bugs the hell out of me all the time. Meh :lol:
Agree on both of those!

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
That was hilarious! "Just shut your beak for once, Falco!" xD Wasn't that on the "Fichina" mission of Assault? Falco had a somewhat cool outfit on SF-Adventures, but his outfit on Assault looked like Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video outfit.
Edited by Julius Quasar, Aug 25 2012, 07:31 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Oh yeah, huh? That's where the quote came from! Yeah, true, true...protective, yes, but definitely out of concept, too. A "leather jacket" or "motorcycle vest" might have been too cliche, huh? xD I wonder though, what would be the best outfit for Falco?
Edited by Julius Quasar, Aug 26 2012, 02:01 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
I wish Falco would stop being such a dick to Katt...

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Kursed
Aug 27 2012, 09:31 AM
*Slams a frying pan into Juiluis' face Please don't use that word.... i find it extremly offensive even if it's true..
*smashes a sledgehammer into Kursed's face* [offtopic]Okay, fine.[/offtopic] Now, Falco need not be lovey-dovey with Katt, but he could stand to be a little more polite to her...she does like him, after all...I wonder if he knows this, or is he just oblivious?
Edited by Julius Quasar, Aug 27 2012, 06:35 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Kursed
Aug 27 2012, 06:36 PM
I think he's just a ignorant Squab :P
Sounds about right. xD

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Aug 27 2012, 11:21 PM
1. Fara would fit better to Fox, since she has at least the 'balls' to handle things all by herself without needing Fox as a extra Guard all the time. I'm neither a extrem Fara fan nor do I say it because I don't really like Krystal, it's just my opinion and I sense a small beginning of a nonsense "Fara VS Krystal" fight again which totally doesn't have to do with the main purpose of this Topic at all. Maybe a "Fara VS. Krystal" Thread should be opened, but this might end in a big nonsense war as in every other Star Fox Community...

2. Has anybody actually read my long comment about Falco and Katt at all? If yes, actually this question about WHY Falco acts like this towards Katt wouldn't come up again. He knows that she loves him, but he is more interested about a 'platonic relationship' like he shares with Fox (long life Partners in the way of working partners) and has a 'big brother love' towards Katt and nothing more, but she doesn't seem to understand that, which makes him to react rather coldhearted towards her than polite and understanding. In fact it probably pisses him off that she doesn't accept it, and WHO WOULDN'T be pissed if someone totally doesn't understand that "you" don't have romantical feelings for "him/her" even though "you" said it often enough, but that "you" still care about "him/her" as a big brother/sister?
1. I see your point, but I'm sorry to say, I don't agree with Fox and Fara...

2. Oh yeah, you're right, I forgot about that, I'm sorry Saphiria

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Oh yeah, that's right, you did say it's just your opinion, my bad.

[offtopic]I wanna see Fara's outfit on Krystal, but in blue and white colors.[/offtopic] :P

I'm just glad they didn't try to make Falco sound like Sylvester Stallone, or like Joe Pesci.
Edited by Julius Quasar, Aug 28 2012, 11:55 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Star Fox · Next Topic »
  • Pages: