Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
The old conundrum; Do Cornerian Pilots have augmented legs?
Topic Started: Aug 8 2012, 08:07 AM (1,231 Views)
Four-eyed Vulpine
Member Avatar
CDF Conscript
My guess is that foxes are typically quadrupeds (use four legs). If you make a fox a bipedal (two legs) without naturally modifying the back legs, mechanical augmentation would likely required on these legs for them to support the weight of the rest of the body for an extended duration.

This probably applies to the original Star Fox (SNES) only, as everyone seems to have more human proportions (in terms of feet, anyway) by SF64.

Four-eyed Vulpine
Member Avatar
CDF Conscript
That's true too.

Sorry, I tend to have a scientific mindset about everything, including fiction. ^_^;

Four-eyed Vulpine
Member Avatar
CDF Conscript
Julius Quasar

I always found those little metal feet kinda creepy on the SNES Star Fox character furry models. I wondered, were those just the bases to hold up the furry models? Were the feet never supposed to be in the photos, were the photos originally only meant to be from the waist up? Maybe so.

Well, let's test this intention by doing a tally of shots on the box and instruction manual!

Fox Full-body/Upper-only: 4/3
Falco Full-body/Upper-only: 2/3
Slippy Full-body/Upper-only: 2/3
Peppy Full-body/Upper-only: 2/3

TOTAL Full-body/Upper-only: 10/12

I would think that if they weren't intended to be shown full-body, the proportion would be a lot less than nearly half-and-half, but meh.

It's too bad they won't make real-life furry models of the characters now!
*really wants a life-size Wolf model*

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Star Fox · Next Topic »