Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Where is Lylat, exactly?; A thread related to the astrogeography of the Lylat System and its context.
Topic Started: Aug 8 2012, 08:19 AM (448 Views)
Four-eyed Vulpine
Member Avatar
CDF Conscript
I've read somewhere that the Lylat System is located near the center of the Milky Way galaxy, though other sources mention that its location is unknown or that it is in an unknown galaxy.

In addition, I've also wondered if the Star Fox team has ever ventured into other systems besides Lylat in any of its media (games, comics, etc.).

If anyone has any input on these musings, please share.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
as far as I know every starfox game took place in lylat as far as i know Only Sauria and The aparoid homworld were not in lylat Sauria being on the outermost edge if not just beyond lylat. also Lylat is a binary system since it has two stars.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Would be nice if something like that really existed.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
TheRedFox8
Aug 8 2012, 05:10 PM
Would be nice if something like that really existed.
Hear, hear...

I'd love for them to visit us (especially Star Fox). ^^

Generall I've heard near the center of the Milky Way Galaxy....especially in the instruction manual of the original SNES Star Fox Game (still have it, btw, game, manual, and box).

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
A binary system?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_star

They exist lylat however likely doesn't :( there might be a lylat star out there though.
Edited by Kursed, Aug 8 2012, 07:54 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Just follow the second star on the right, and straight on until morning! :P
Edited by Julius Quasar, Aug 8 2012, 09:02 PM.

Four-eyed Vulpine
Member Avatar
CDF Conscript
Yeah, that's where I heard about it, too. We probably won't be finding it anytime soon though with our current exoplanet efforts:

Posted Image

The Lylat-Solar binary system would likely be somewhere within the middle circle around the galactic center, far away from our current focus. It's also entirely possible for it to lie on the opposite side of the galactic center from us, making it nigh impossible for us to observe directly.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
^ That's a shame (if Lylat really existed)...

Falco: *paints "Earth Sucks" on his lawn with glow in the dark spray paint*

Fox: "Uh, Falco? They won't be able to see that!

Falco: "Ahh, son of a..."

Four-eyed Vulpine
Member Avatar
CDF Conscript
Well, the guess at Lylat's location (if it exists) could always be way off.

Heck, it could even be lying within our current exoplanet search radius, given that we're just now able to detect Earth-sized exoplanets, but barely.
Even then, you can just forget about us being able to detect Falco's obscene yard decorations.
*facepaw*

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
I know, I was just cracking a [dumb] joke. xD

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Star Fox · Next Topic »