Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Star_Dragon's Mural; That's right. A Mural. WARNING: LARGE IMAGES!
Topic Started: Sep 2 2012, 07:33 PM (1,079 Views)
Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Head General of the Marauder Corps
Well, I created this thread for the sole purpose of showing progress on a Mural I've been working on for YEARS, long before I was even aware of sites like this. Some parts will be better-drawn than others, and you would do well to keep in mind that this was done over SEVERAL YEARS. In fact, this mural has gotten so big, it's impossible to fit in my scanner. So, let's get started:

NOTE: these images were taken in a right-to-left sweep.

Posted Image
Img 1

Posted Image
Img 2

Posted Image
Img 3

Posted Image
Img 4

Posted Image
Img 5

Posted Image
Img 6

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
i see a mix of covenant and human halo ships.. and some completely unknowns. ooh Borg cube Klingon bird of prey... star destroyer... where's the mac cannons (Honestly sometimes human weapons seem more advanced than the covenant ones maybe because of their silly religion.
Edited by Kursed, Sep 2 2012, 09:33 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Reminds me of Sins of a Solar Empire.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
@Kursed: Halo ships aren't the only ones in the mix; Star Wars (KotOR era, Clone Wars era, and Galactic Civil War era), Star Trek (TNG and the Starfleet Command games), as well as several ships of my own design. Hell, in that first pic, I threw in a Warhammer 40K ship for the hell of it. Not sure what to do with it, tho.

@TheRedFox8: How so?

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
one of the ships looks like a science cruiser from freespace.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Second is a updated image.
Edited by Kursed, Sep 4 2012, 11:44 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I dunno, it might be the long rectangular capital ships.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
I don't suppose either of you want me to draw a ship for ya in this mural? If so, I'd need a clear image (3D would be preferable, but any image 1024x768 px or larger that could give me a clear view of the ship would be useful) of what you want. If you want it drawn in a specific place, tell me. Just bear in mind; I have very poor eyesight, so the clearer and larger the image, the better I can draw it... at least until I can get new glasses.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ya could make the Great Fox :3

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
lol funny. But seriously, any requests?

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
let me think about it ,but while i am when are you getting new glasses?

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Honestly, I have no idea; like I said, the closer I am to my computer when I draw this stuff, the better it turns out. Just so you know, that sixth image is the farthest from my computer screen - the first image is literally right above my monitor.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
hmm. think you could do the aurora or borealis?

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Possibly, yes - But I need a good, clear image of the ship. If you want it in any specific place or doing something specific (Attacking another ship, for instance), tell me.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
first let me get you the 4 sid pictures i have then i'll get a pictue of the model attacking something... (that will take longer)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(The game won't let all the beam cannons fire so i took two pictures so hopefully you can see where the four beam cannons are I like to note that this design i think is a little based off of the star trek Klingon bird of prey.
Edited by Kursed, Sep 6 2012, 08:29 PM.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
Ya know i'm surprized there's no protoss or zerg fliers.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Traditional Art · Next Topic »
  • Pages: