Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Dragon'taan: Heart of the Marauder Corps; A Lounge RP in the heart of Dragon-Shifter Territory
Topic Started: Sep 8 2012, 01:05 PM (16,827 Views)
Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Head General of the Marauder Corps
[OOC]To those who were waiting for this RP - welcome to Dragon'taan. For those of you who are new to this, if you haven't already, read here for the rules: Dragon'taan - Heart of the Marauder Corps Presentation

Now that we all know the rules, let's begin...[/OOC]

A massive TDIG portal opened up in orbit of Dragon'taan and it's large moon, New Cerinia, and the multi-kilometer-long Marauder-class Star Dreadnought Dragon's Rage exited the portal. Moments later, it closed.

"Helm, one-half forward," Indari commanded. "Let's put to spacedock."

"One-half forward, aye," the helmsman responded. The massive warship moved, headed for the spacedock specifically tailored for the sixteen kilometers of warship that was the flagship of the Marauder Corps. When it finally put to spacedock, Indari rose from his seat, passed on his orders, and then headed for one of the hangars. From there, he took a shuttlecraft down to the surface of Dragon'taan - right to his estate. Once inside, he shut the doors, and began to slump out of his uniform.

Heavy footfalls came from behind him, and Kyle immediately knew who it was.

"Welcome back, son," said a deep, heavy-accented voice.

Draco, Kyle's dragon father.

Kyle turned to face the aging dragon, and greeted him. "Hi, dad."

"How'd the trip go?" Draco asked.

"Same way it always does - more or less without a hitch."

And so, father and son conversed, while the Dragon'taan sun began to sink from it's high perch in the sky...

(That's it for getting this started. Add your contribution! Join whenever you want, as whomever you want, leave and come back whenever you want. Just enjoy this. :)

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Uh, Kursed, Kyle's down planetside. At his home.)

As Kyle conversed with Draco, his Comm unit beeped. Kyle grumbled and Draco chuckled as Kyle answered, "Indari here."

"Sir, we have... two Cerinian warships, the Aurora and the Borealis, asking for you," responded the communications officer.

"Friends of yours?" Draco asked.

"Yep," Kyle affirmed. "Roger that, direct them to the closest open spacedock and direct them down to the Bellator Bar, I'll meet them there."

Kyle shut off the radio and Draco chuckled, "Kiddo, you certainly have a way with people."

"Says the old Dovah whose son is a dragon-shifter," Kyle responded as he got into a set of grey armored robes. He clipped his lightsabers to his belt, then threw a grey cloak over his shoulders. "You want to meet my old friends, come on." He stepped outside, shifting to his crimson-scaled dragon form as his father stepped outside, and they both took to the air.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Oh. Right.)

Moments later, after the Aurora contacted the Dragon's Rage, Izanagi - Indari's AI - returned the call.

"Dragon's Rage to Aurora - this is Izanagi. General Indari is down planetside right now, I've been asked to tell you that if you wish to meet Indari, head to the Bellator bar, in the Restaurant District; he'll meet you there."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Kyle and Draco sat at the entrance to the Bellator Bar, Kyle still in his dragon form, both of them waiting on Krystal and Alex.

"Talk to me, kiddo," Draco requested, "Who are these friends of yours?"

"Krystal and Alex," Kyle answered. "Alex I only just recently met - Krystal I knew from a time long before the Marauder War... long before I became General of the Marauder Corps."

"Is that them?" Draco asked, indicating two moving dots in the sky.

Kyle shrugged. "Can't tell from here," he answered.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"What's taking them so long?" Draco asked.

"Dad," Kyle responded, "This is the Capitol of Dragon'taan - it's a huge f***ing city. You gotta figure that after they land, they need to get transport over here. It's not like they can, you know, walk the distance from the landing bays over to here. Takes time."

"Yeah. I know," Draco said. He paused for a moment, then started, "Did you ever discover--"

It was then that another dragon - a blue-scaled female with Sapphire eyes - landed. "You two waiting on someone?"

This was Sheila, Kyle's dragon mother.

"Kyle's waiting on a few friends," Draco answered.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(I see what you did there, lol)

Sheila turned to face Alex and Krystal. "Well, hello, there."

Kyle walked out from behind his mother, and looked directly at Krystal and Alex. "Krystal, Alex... this is my mother, Sheila, and my father, Draco." He walked closer to Krystal and brought his head down to her level. "I hope my dragon form doesn't... unnerve you."

Draco then spoke up. "Krystal, Alex... It's a pleasure to meet both of you. Why don't we all head inside, get something to eat?"

"Yes," Kyle agreed, "I don;t know about anyone else, but I'm starving."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"Am I?" Kyle chuckled. He shifted back to normal, then gestured toward the bar. "After you," he said.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Kyle followed Alex and Krystal into the bar, where Kyle assumed a seat at the bar counter.

"General!" the Terran dragon-shifter bartender greeted him, "Good to see you again!"

"Thanks, Jerry," Kyle responded. The bartender's emerald-green dragon eyes shifted to Krystal and Alex.

"Friends of yours?" he asked.

"Yep," Kyle affirmed. "I don't know what they want, but I'll have my usual."

Jerry smiled. "Right," he said, "One 9oz sirloin steak, medium-rare, and a glass of Romulan Ale, coming up." Jerry looked at Alex and Krystal. "Are you two going to want anything?"

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Jerry smiled. "That's one Bacon Cheeseburger and a fruit punch, coming up," he said, heading into the back.

Kyle looked to Krystal and Alex. "So... what brings the two of you to Dragon'taan?" he asked.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Kyle chuckled. "I see," he said. "Still, it's nice to be in the company of familiar friends." The bar door jingled, and yet another familiar face appeared in the bar.

"Krystal, Alex," Drake greeted everyone, "Dad."

"You seen your uncle anywhere?" Kyle asked.

"Not since that fracas with Darth Malgus," Drake replied.

"Speaking of which," Kyle said, "Drake told me you two came into contact with my brother - you knew him as Darth Faasnu, I believe?"

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Kyle chuckled, "Personally, I prefer a good steak, cooked medium-rare, with a side of mashed potatoes and a glass of either Romulan Ale or Dragonarian Mead." He looked to Krystal and Alex. "Did brother tell you where he was going?"

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"I meant Faasnu," Kyle said. "Did he ever tell you where he was headed? Or just some BS about a disturbance in the Force?"

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Kyle chuckled, "Didn't he? Well, I imagine if the dead could speak, they'd say otherwise."

A cold shiver ran up Drake's spine, and he hissed through clenched teeth.

Kyle's smile faded as he sensed whatever it was Drake sensed. "I sense it, too," he told his son.

First, she was dead, now she was alive - and now, she knew how. Like the immortal Sith, Darth Faasnu, Keesha was blessed with immortality by the ancient dragon, Ahkrinviingah. She had met him, finally, face-to-face. Ahkrinviingah told Keesha how he couldn't deny the son of Indari and nephew of his loyal servant, Faasnu, the one woman who was willing to mother him. The ancient dragon had personally foreseen the great deeds Drake would accomplish in the years ahead - and to deny him the one woman willing to mother him would bring a greater darkness.

As an upgraded and retrofitted Defender-class Light Corvette powered down in Docking Bay nine, Keesha stepped off, her grey cloak fluttering around in the light wind. Her lightsabers, clipped to her belt, glinted briefly. She sighed, taking in the view of Dragon'taan.

"It has been some time," she murmured to herself. She ran her hand along a wall, then looked at it. "The years have not been kind to us both, it seems; but, perhaps now, Kyle will see what it is that our master sought to show him."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"Did Drake tell you about the fight Darth Malgus stirred up?" Kyle asked. "The one that killed his would-be mother?"

"I did, dad," Drake said. "I told them the whole story." His voice was shaky, sounding on the verge of tears. "Could... could what we feel be true? Is she here?"

"The Force doesn't lie, kiddo," Kyle affirmed. "Though how she survives these things is, frankly, beyond me."

Keesha stepped off a transport taxi, paid the driver, and headed down the block. She kept her hood over her head, and moved along the sidewalk. She spotted the Bellator bar, and sensed who was inside. She sighed, then started for the bar...

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"I imagine that if she wasn't, we'd be hearing about it by now," Kyle said. "Keesha's a survivor to Cerinia's death, like me - and, more importantly, if what Drake and I sense is accurate, she's--"

The bar door jingled, and a grey-cloaked figure stepped into the bar. The figure stood there, giving no hostile gesture whatsoever - or any sort of gesture, for that matter. The figure looked over to Alex and said,

"You won't need that weapon with me - I did not come here to harm anyone."

Drake's breathing got more rapid, his jaw shook, and tears pricked at his eyes. Draco and Sheila, still present, simply smiled. Kyle sat with his back turned to the figure, either unable or unwilling to face her.

The figure removed her hood, revealing her Cerinian appearance - her warm, emerald-green eyes looked over everyone in the room, stopping at Drake with tears.

"M-mother?" Drake stammered, struggling to keep his composure.

Keesha simply nodded. "It's me, Drake," she said.

Drake plodded over to Keesha, as though his legs were trying to refuse to cooperate, and finally threw his arms around her. Keesha embraced Drake, gently kissing the top of his head. "I'm so sorry, Drake - I am. And you, too, Kyle - no one felt my loss as much as you did."

Kyle remained silent, unable to speak. Finally, he was able to think of one thing:

"How?" he asked. "I saw your ship go up in flames - Malgus himself destroyed your ship. How did you come back?"

Keesha remained holding her son as she responded, "Same way Faasnu does - and you. We are blessed with Immortality by the ancient one, Ahkrinviingah." She paused, then asked, "Did you never wonder how, after everything that has happened, you never could stay dead? Ahkrinviingah watches over us..." she looked to Drake and added, "... including our children."

A long, uncomfortable pause followed this, Keesha holding Drake and Kyle remaining with his back turned. The food was brought out, and Keesha asked Krystal and Alex as Kyle began to eat, "If you have questions, ask them - I think we all deserve answers."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplay · Next Topic »
  • Pages: