Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Dragon'taan: Heart of the Marauder Corps; A Lounge RP in the heart of Dragon-Shifter Territory
Topic Started: Sep 8 2012, 01:05 PM (16,789 Views)
Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
Nestled in the heart of the mercantile district, past a vendor selling excess military equipment and a restaurant selling replicated foodstuffs of dubious quality, lies a single stall with two people selling their wares.

The first is a man with fiery red hair, his skin as pale as an albino's. With one hand he hoists a fine bolt of cloth, extolling its virtues as loud as he can over the din of commerce around him. "Fresh non replicated Silk!" He bellows, offering passersby to feel the quality of the material.

"Handwoven quilts and blankets!" Shouts his companion, a Female with the same color hair and skin as he. The two of them sell with reckless abandon, passing out what they can to the occasionally apathetic crowd.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"Check the rack, love" The Woman says, her name tag proudly declaring her name to be Clio Calliope. "We got tons of sizes, we made these ourselves. Just gotta find one big enough for your tastes."

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"Ooo~ooh! You need a "cuddle" blanket. I have just the thing!" She turns on a heel and pats the man on the shoulder. "Drummer, do be a dear and watch everything while i go check the back for a Big ole' blanket."

Drummer nods and away Calliope goes, leaving Drummer to watch as a floating blanket materializes into a person. Having seen many stranger things happen in his time, let alone the blatant use of military technology in public, Drummer simply shrugs at her statement.

"A blanket will do you more good than any kind of skin or fur. And a hand woven blanket, such as these fine examples in front of us, are guaranteed to keep you and your family warm for years to come." He sounds very bored, reciting the placard in front of him without so much as a second glance. "And if your gonna want quality, you gotta pay for it. Its gonna be 200 creds if she grabs what i think she is grabbing."

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"Not one of ours" Drummer says. "If you wait just a second more, you can get a legit one, not a replicated piece of work."

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"I know what and what didn't come from our rack, because i nor she has weaved or knit anything with a dragon pattern" Drummer points out. "I don't know what is taking her so long, but you stick here for another minute i guarantee she will have something you will like.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"Sorry about the wait, love" Calliope says as she steps out of the backroom, a tightly folded blanket weighing her arms down as she moves to the front.

"I took up a project some years ago to do this!" She throws the material forward, letting it spill down the front of the stall.

The blanket is a near perfect replica of Napoleon in the Alps, the blanket allowing for minute detail lost in photography.

"Its warm, fancy, and i guarantee that right now, there is only one of them"

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"Had to have" Calliope says. "I can't recall either Ubi here nor myself having made that one."

She takes it and holds it to her nose, taking a deep sniff. She shudders.

"Definitely not one of ours" She declares. "Smells factory fresh, none of the proper scents of a properly stored cloth should be. Cloned, no doubt"

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"200." Drummer says, as Calliope throws out an exacerbate number well into the hundred thousands range. They repeat themselves until finally Calliope relents, Drummer gladly saying his final "200 Credits" And holding his hand out.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"Will do." Drummer says, before turning to hear Rae's question.

"Sorry, love" Calliope interjects. "But he does Solid and Aniconisms. I do famous paintings. I have one with a dragon, but i don't think it would be taken kindly around here,"
Edited by Jack Mccloud, Jun 17 2014, 08:04 AM.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
Drummer answers the lioness, nodding his head. "Everything we do by hand. I sheared the animals, she spun the wool, we both put everything together."

Calliope answers Rae. "Saint George killing a Dragon is hardly an appropriate subject matter for a planet such as this." At the second question, she shakes her head. "I do what we do for fun, love. I have enough material on my plate right now that commissions are out of the question."

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"Nope" "Nope" The two of them say at the same time, moving to take another order before returning to teh conversation.

"I would suggest something Napoleonic, if you are to get a blanket" Calliope suggests.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"You really want the one with Saint George killing the dragon?" Drummer asks.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"Depends. Allow me a look"

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
Calliope purses her lips and shakes her head. "I told you before, love. Classical or Aniconisms. That isn't either." She eyes the tablet carefully. "And i have enough on my plate for now, Commissions are out of the question."

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"Why I never!" Calliope huffs, bristling at the insult. She makes a move to leap over the counter and instill the fear of god into the crowd and Rae, but Drummer takes her by the hand and pulls her away from the attempted leap.

"Rudeness aside, Clio" Drummer says, shooting a look at an armed officer doing the same to him. "This isn't the place to be trifling with the law."

Calliope huffs and crosses her arms. "You would think that these philistines would appreciate hard work more than they would replication."

To this Drummer snorts. "Stop getting so worked up. One girl wants dragons more than she wants a Rembrandt, we have a fine crowd ahead of us and plenty of people to sell to."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplay · Next Topic »
  • Pages: