Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
MARAUDER, EPISODE I: The Hunt for Marauder One; Stop a rogue operative before he ignites an interdimensional war!
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 11:13 AM (5,640 Views)
FurryFilm
Member Avatar
CDF Third Lieutenant
"Do I sense a bit of pride",Zack asked Valtozaz "and spark of rivalry maybe?", he added.
Edited by FurryFilm, Nov 4 2012, 12:22 AM.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
"pride? in making my own rifle? never" Valtozaz said, smiling over at the man, glad at the normal conversation. "And so far as rivalry, i'd hope not. we need to work together more than compete. If we have to decide I'll do the spotting, you can fire your gun all you like if you feel the urge to" Valtozaz said the last part while trying not to snicker, for undertones best left under.

FurryFilm
Member Avatar
CDF Third Lieutenant
"Glad we think the same way, cause last time I had a rival it didn't end very well, and thanks it's good to have a spotter and and I could spot for you as well, name's Zack by the way Zack McCloud", Zack Said

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
"glad for any help I can get...My name's Valtozaz...if i had a second name to offer i would." Valtozaz said, smiling, happy to see that the other sniper seemed halfway good natured.

Offtopic ish: for a shortened version of this conversation, the two people with the long range rifles just offered to help each other fire their gun if the other one asks. Valtozaz is amused by the situation.

FurryFilm
Member Avatar
CDF Third Lieutenant
"Glad to meet ya Valtozaz",Zack replied.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Head General of the Marauder Corps
"Okay," Tuz'iin said as he assumed the pilot's seat. He began to work with the controls as he told Leigh, "Leigh, shut the boarding ramp, if you will."

"Shutting," Leigh said. The boarding ramp shut and the atmosphere inside the Insurrection Alpha pressurized.

"Argo," Tuz'iin told the AI, "If you can get inside the systems of the Insurrection Alpha, now would be a good time to do so - just bear in mind, you'll be sharing space with my own AI, Ricca."

The XG2M2 Assault Corvette shuddered as it began lift-off. The landing bay slowly began to sink beneath the view from the cockpit, being replaced with a beautiful Dragon'taan summertime sunset. The DMC Marauder Operative chuckled. "Never gets old," Tuz'iin said. "Back when I first came here, I would always sit on a rooftop and just stare into the sunset."

The lateral wings of the Insurrection Alpha folded down once the ship was clear of the ground, and about thirty feet above the landing bay, giving the craft a look reminiscent of an inverted five-point star. The primary engines cut in after that, and the craft stopped shaking as it headed into the space above the dragon-shifter homeworld (Yes, Shamen3mill, Dragon'taan is home to the dragon-shifters - has been since the Marauder War. Who do you think founded the Marauder Corps?).

Tuz'iin made the jump calculations, and engaged the craft's TDIG Rift generator. Outside, a swirling maelstrom of fire typically associated with such a rift appeared, and the XG2M2 sailed through it, entering a strange dimension of flashing lights and colors. The colors were cut off abruptly as the cockpit shielding went up, and the cockpit became dark, lighted only by the lights in the consoles before the cockpit lights themselves came on. Tuz'iin unstrapped himself from his seat, and looked to one console, then to the others present. "We've got three hours before we hit the Cairn Installation. Please, follow me to the projection room."

Tuz'iin got up, and headed for the aforementioned room - a room with a holographic display device in the center of the room (think that thing on the Ebon Hawk that shows the planets in KotOR I & II). Tuz'iin activated the device, then punched up the Cairn Installation. Immediately, a massive asteroid installation was seen. "This... is the Cairn Installation in Universe 02-Gamma. It's both a factory and a space dock - though the ship that reportedly was docked here left years ago on it's mission to exterminate the Jedi and the Sith. The facility has gone dark, no hails have been answered, and we believe Marauder One reportedly hasn't left the vicinity. Any questions so far?"

(On an unrelated note, Shamen3mill, I do have a lounge RP that takes place on Dragon'taan - you'll recognize it when you see it. I would advise, however, you look through the presentation topic to see what's available.)

FurryFilm
Member Avatar
CDF Third Lieutenant
"Yes, who or what is Marauder one",Zack asked raising his hand.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
Star_Dragon
Nov 4 2012, 09:26 AM
(Yes, Shamen3mill, Dragon'taan is home to the dragon-shifters - has been since the Marauder War. Who do you think founded the Marauder Corps?).

(On an unrelated note, Shamen3mill, I do have a lounge RP that takes place on Dragon'taan - you'll recognize it when you see it. I would advise, however, you look through the presentation topic to see what's available.)
( i'd assume dragon-shifters founded the Marauder Corps...Valtozaz has trouble with the names, not understanding genealogies. :P but perhaps i missed your meaning X3

On the note of the lounge RP i'm not sure exactly what to do. Shamen might like it there, but his background isnt exactly prime for this side of the site, and using Valtozaz there would bring up the same problem of timestreams to me, is it before or after this mission, what if my character changes in this mission and it isnt shown in the lounge RP...i take this stuff way too seriously to have any fun at it XD)

Valtozaz had become mesmerized momentarily by the bright colors and quick changes, his chameleon skin suddenly jumping to life, starting to mimic the colors as they passed by his view, before the shielding popped up and he shook his head, clearing his mind as he looked around. There was a reason why Valtozaz never piloted through these jumps. He'd just spend all the time staring at all the colors passing and let his body mimic them.
Valtozaz undid his belt and stood, following the dragon back into the projection room and sitting on the floor, crossing his legs indian style, looking up at the asteroids bound together by the building and smiling softly, remembering a few missions he'd had on a few other of those.
Valtozaz held his own tongue as he heard the wolf's question, not wanting to be rude and pipe in with his own.
Edited by Shamen3mill, Nov 4 2012, 03:29 PM.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
"So how does that get us to Marauder one?" Krystal asked taking her helmet off and holding it in her arm. "I've got some more info on the installation if you don't mind?" Serena asked her vixen hologram appearing on the holo-table.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Uh, Shamen, Tuz'iin and Leigh are both Cornerian Foxes - the only thing alien about them is Tuz'iin's name. Tuz'iin Do'Vokun. It's Dragonarian for "Blade Master of Shadows.")

"Any information on the Cairn Installation you have would be much appreciated, Serena," Leigh responded.

"And to answer your question, Zack," Tuz'iin said, "We don't at all know who or what Marauder One is. We don't know where he is from, we don't know what he calls home, and we sure as hell don't know what he is. No one has ever gotten a good look at him. Or her. We know nothing; but that's one of our goals - to find out as much as possible on Marauder One... Name, race, age, gender, everything. Among such things should be history - General Indari would very much like to find out why this person is trying to spark an interdimensional war."

Tuz'iin looked to Krystal. "To answer your question, Krystal, it doesn't - for all we know, Marauder One could have left under cloak - but we must head there regardless, because it was the most-recently hit, and it may contain a clue, if not several, on what to expect from our rogue operative. If Marauder One has indeed left, the facility itself may have an idea of where he was headed." Tuz'iin looked to the team. "We need to look lively - we are stepping into a shitstorm. Universe 02-Gamma is home to the Galactic Empire ruled by a military council headed by General Zaariin. The Imperials of this 'verse have no love for the Marauder Corps at all. Keep your weapons loaded and ready, and if you've any questions of the Imperials we will likely face, ask them now - you may not get a chance to later."

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
( at that point i wonder what the question was :animesweat: Valtozaz gave no mention of the two intrepid marauders species, and i'm only getting more confused as the explanation continues)

Valtozaz couldn't prevent a laugh at that point, Hearing Tuz'iin answer Zack's question, it turns out the marauders knew just about as much as the ANI. He silenced himself quickly afterwards. "Sorry, it's just been a while since I've been on a blind mission...it's a welcome change" Valtozaz said, grinning. "So something we do know about our mysterious assailant, or something we've assumed anyway, is that he's trying to start a war. I'm a bit removed from politics here, so between who, and how do we suppose this?" Valtozaz asked. "And regarding the Imperials, are we expecting them to be on this previously abandoned station? If so, for what? If not, what's the likelihood that we'd be ambushed in transit by someone?"

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(I'm sorry. Didn't mean to confuse you.)

Quote:

"So something we do know about our mysterious assailant, or something we've assumed anyway, is that he's trying to start a war. I'm a bit removed from politics here, so between who, and how do we suppose this?" Valtozaz asked.

"Honestly, we aren't at all sure," Tuz'iin responded. "His strikes have been... sporadic. As was mentioned in the briefing, he has hit multiple territories. We suspect, however, given that most - if not all - of the territories hit are allies we have strong ties to or enemies that have a standing cease-fire treaty with us... in which case, it would make it seem that Marauder One is trying to turn everyone else against us."

"Or that the targets are significant in some way we've yet to discern," Leigh added.

Quote:

"And regarding the Imperials, are we expecting them to be on this previously abandoned station? If so, for what? If not, what's the likelihood that we'd be ambushed in transit by someone?"

"Firstly, the Cairn Installation was never abandoned in the first place," Leigh corrected Valtozaz. "Secondly, to answer your first question, we are fully expecting the Imperials to be on the station - if not survivors, then an investigation crew, which is, to say, Storm Commandos."

"Yeah," Tuz'iin affirmed, "The Imperial version of the Russian Spetsnaz. And to answer your second question... the likelihood of being ambushed in transit is highly unlikely; they haven't the technology to bring us out of translight speed, and certainly not while in translight speed going between two dimensions. It is likely, however, that they will be waiting for us on the other side of the rift. Speaking of which - Ricca, engage the cloaking device."

"Affirmative," The AI spoke over the intercom. Moments later, an electronic zinging sound could be heard inside, signifying that the cloaking device was engaging, and stopped when the craft was cloaked. "Just advance warning, we'll be exiting translight speed in about ten minutes."

"Alright, people - lock and load," Tuz'iin said.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
Valtozaz gave a nod at the first answer, not honestly expecting much more than a broad assumption made for lack of a better reason, considering how little everyone seemed to know about this mysterious enemy.

The second answer gave Valtozaz a nice return to the reality that he didn't understand this side of the galaxy, making him glad for having asked, and knowing that someone was expected inside the asteroid facility after having assumed that they had all left on the ship that had "left years ago on it's mission to exterminate the Jedi and the Sith".
The answer to the third question Valtozaz made a mental note to be more careful in his word choice but said nothing, nodding again to show his understanding of the statement, getting the answer to his question in spite of the mixup made by his own vagueness.

Valtozaz smiled again, glad at the call to arms and readjusting the rifle on his back. As if he was making sure it was still there as he stood, looking at the pair of Marauders, wondering at where he'd be needed.
Edited by Shamen3mill, Nov 5 2012, 12:01 AM.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
Star_Dragon
Nov 4 2012, 06:17 PM
(Uh, Shamen, Tuz'iin and Leigh are both Cornerian Foxes - the only thing alien about them is Tuz'iin's name. Tuz'iin Do'Vokun. It's Dragonarian for "Blade Master of Shadows.")

"Any information on the Cairn Installation you have would be much appreciated, Serena," Leigh responded.

"And to answer your question, Zack," Tuz'iin said, "We don't at all know who or what Marauder One is. We don't know where he is from, we don't know what he calls home, and we sure as hell don't know what he is. No one has ever gotten a good look at him. Or her. We know nothing; but that's one of our goals - to find out as much as possible on Marauder One... Name, race, age, gender, everything. Among such things should be history - General Indari would very much like to find out why this person is trying to spark an interdimensional war."

Tuz'iin looked to Krystal. "To answer your question, Krystal, it doesn't - for all we know, Marauder One could have left under cloak - but we must head there regardless, because it was the most-recently hit, and it may contain a clue, if not several, on what to expect from our rogue operative. If Marauder One has indeed left, the facility itself may have an idea of where he was headed." Tuz'iin looked to the team. "We need to look lively - we are stepping into a shitstorm. Universe 02-Gamma is home to the Galactic Empire ruled by a military council headed by General Zaariin. The Imperials of this 'verse have no love for the Marauder Corps at all. Keep your weapons loaded and ready, and if you've any questions of the Imperials we will likely face, ask them now - you may not get a chance to later."
"I've got the latest logs from the station before they went black and for refrence maps of the intneral structure mostly maps of the hallways and such." Serena explained bringing the log files up on a holographi c screen and panning the view of the base then changing it to an internal view so the group could see the internal hallways and offices as well as any other rooms or hallways. "I have no information on what is inside though. My sources went dark when yours did."

"Odd i've noticed some Discrepancy in the log files between the ones we have here and the ones you have Serena." Argo said "Run a check and see what's diffrent."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"No time," Ricca said. "We're exiting the portal!"

Outside, a TDIG rift opened up, but nothing seemed to come out. It pulsated, shimmered, then finally vanished. The Insurrection Alpha, however, did exit the rift - under cloak, invisible to sensors.

"Talk to me, Ricca," Tuz'iin requested as he assumed the pilot's seat. "What do we have?"

"That's just it," the AI replied. "Nothing. No Imperial ships, no life-signs on the station, no nothing. If the Imperials are here, they're laying low. However, that station is putting up a sensor-scattering signal. If there are survivors, I can't find them from here."

"Any outgoing ion trails? Anything to indicate the recent use of an FTL drive?" Leigh asked.

"No," Ricca said. "Not outgoing, and sure as hell no incoming trails. This place... it's like a ghost town. Wait..." she stopped as she detected something. "I'm... getting a background radiation indicative of a recent starship engagement. There's a--"

"Tuz'iin," Leigh said, "Look."

Nearby, an Imperial-II Star Destroyer was seen, floating adrift and derelict. It looked severely damaged, looking like it had been attacked.

"I'm detecting no atmosphere and no life-signs on that ship - If Marauder One attacked them, he knew exactly where and how to hit them. That's strange... I'm getting a radiation consistent with the use of Kadgeron weaponry."

"So whoever Marauder One is," Leigh surmised, "He had access to Kadgeron weaponry."

"Ricca, is there a useable hangar on the Cairn Installation?" Tuz'iin asked.

"Affirmative," Ricca affirmed. "Follow the nav."

A nav marker appeared on the HUD, and Tuz'iin steered the Insurrection Alpha into the Asteroid installation, landing in the only hangar large enough for the XG2M2 Assault Corvette. The lateral wings folded up, and the ship landed.

"Alright, let's move," Tuz'iin ordered. "Zack, Valtozaz, find high ground and cover us. Krystal, Alex, stick close to me. Ricca, Serena, Argo, see if you can hack into the systems of this base - alert us to any survivors you can detect."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rp Thread Archives · Next Topic »
  • Pages: