Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
MARAUDER, EPISODE I: The Hunt for Marauder One; Stop a rogue operative before he ignites an interdimensional war!
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 11:13 AM (5,638 Views)
Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
After Valtozaz had seperated from the 45th ANI scout division, he'd kept with the ANI, working whatever mission they had for him as they slowly faded into anonymity in the universe, becoming little more than a three letter attachment to those few operatives this far away from the base of operations. Yet here was the Scalid gunsmith, out here in some vague part of the universe. on some secret assignment to do who knows what. Valtozaz missed his old team, but he'd keep serving the ANI so long as his home world was safe. Valtozaz spotted the name on the side of the ship he was supposed to be reporting to, the "Insurrection Alpha"
Valtozaz gave a sigh, straightened his ANI scout outfit, kicked the ground to make sure his sneakers were on right, and readjusted the rifle on his back, before walking up to the door of the ship and entering. Looking around a bit before he heard voices and trying to put on a professional smile as he walked in on the conversation.
"One sniper reporting, courtesy of the ANI's outreach battalion" battalion of 5 people last Valtozaz had heard, but that was the title of the group he was under now, so he said it anyway.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
"good to meet you too...tuz...iin" Valtozaz still had a hell of a time wrapping his tongue around the names of these Dragon'taan people, but he'd given his best shot at it and he was getting considerably better ever since he was dropped here by the ANI.

"I have plenty of questions considering the only information i was given for the assignment was that the Marauder Corps needed assistance for some matter of security and that i was supposed to report to this ship. But considering that i appear to be the first in attendance. i suppose it'd be most polite to wait until the other members of our team arrive...sir" Shamen added the last part almost as a second thought, suddenly remembering that this operative was his superior now. Shamen reached out his hand and shook the mans, glad at the firm shake and a semi return to normality of procedure.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
Valtozaz gave a grimace as he heard what the man said, shaking his hand, and glad at the less foreign name. "It's good to meet you Leigh, This is the first time I've been anywhere near this corner of the galaxy, I've never even heard of Mu-Gamma IV." Valtozaz turned to get a proper look at the two new comers as Tuz'iin commented on their entry and smiled softly, thinking that the two would make proper distractions for any guards wearing that armor. "so we wait a bit for him to arrive?"

(fairly sure he was, film get in here D: )
( Furryfilm while discussing this: I'll miss most of Saturday during the day so can we start a 10:30PM US central time? ...so yeah, we wait a bit)
Edited by Shamen3mill, Nov 3 2012, 04:42 PM.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
Valtozaz eyed the sniper rifle on the man's back a bit, wondering what it might fire like, readjusting his own, before taking his seat. Wondering idly about what did end up happening to the vague planet.
Edited by Shamen3mill, Nov 3 2012, 11:15 PM.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
Valtozaz let a wry smile cross his scaled muzzle. 'another telepath' Valtozaz thought. 'been getting too many of these lately...it doesn't look bad but I'm partial to the guns i make myself' Valtozaz finished, satisfied for now. Shielding his mind now, knowing that a telepath was present, Valtozaz let the laugh come out as he let his mind play with the other sniper's words.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
"pride? in making my own rifle? never" Valtozaz said, smiling over at the man, glad at the normal conversation. "And so far as rivalry, i'd hope not. we need to work together more than compete. If we have to decide I'll do the spotting, you can fire your gun all you like if you feel the urge to" Valtozaz said the last part while trying not to snicker, for undertones best left under.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
"glad for any help I can get...My name's Valtozaz...if i had a second name to offer i would." Valtozaz said, smiling, happy to see that the other sniper seemed halfway good natured.

Offtopic ish: for a shortened version of this conversation, the two people with the long range rifles just offered to help each other fire their gun if the other one asks. Valtozaz is amused by the situation.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
Star_Dragon
Nov 4 2012, 09:26 AM
(Yes, Shamen3mill, Dragon'taan is home to the dragon-shifters - has been since the Marauder War. Who do you think founded the Marauder Corps?).

(On an unrelated note, Shamen3mill, I do have a lounge RP that takes place on Dragon'taan - you'll recognize it when you see it. I would advise, however, you look through the presentation topic to see what's available.)
( i'd assume dragon-shifters founded the Marauder Corps...Valtozaz has trouble with the names, not understanding genealogies. :P but perhaps i missed your meaning X3

On the note of the lounge RP i'm not sure exactly what to do. Shamen might like it there, but his background isnt exactly prime for this side of the site, and using Valtozaz there would bring up the same problem of timestreams to me, is it before or after this mission, what if my character changes in this mission and it isnt shown in the lounge RP...i take this stuff way too seriously to have any fun at it XD)

Valtozaz had become mesmerized momentarily by the bright colors and quick changes, his chameleon skin suddenly jumping to life, starting to mimic the colors as they passed by his view, before the shielding popped up and he shook his head, clearing his mind as he looked around. There was a reason why Valtozaz never piloted through these jumps. He'd just spend all the time staring at all the colors passing and let his body mimic them.
Valtozaz undid his belt and stood, following the dragon back into the projection room and sitting on the floor, crossing his legs indian style, looking up at the asteroids bound together by the building and smiling softly, remembering a few missions he'd had on a few other of those.
Valtozaz held his own tongue as he heard the wolf's question, not wanting to be rude and pipe in with his own.
Edited by Shamen3mill, Nov 4 2012, 03:29 PM.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
( at that point i wonder what the question was :animesweat: Valtozaz gave no mention of the two intrepid marauders species, and i'm only getting more confused as the explanation continues)

Valtozaz couldn't prevent a laugh at that point, Hearing Tuz'iin answer Zack's question, it turns out the marauders knew just about as much as the ANI. He silenced himself quickly afterwards. "Sorry, it's just been a while since I've been on a blind mission...it's a welcome change" Valtozaz said, grinning. "So something we do know about our mysterious assailant, or something we've assumed anyway, is that he's trying to start a war. I'm a bit removed from politics here, so between who, and how do we suppose this?" Valtozaz asked. "And regarding the Imperials, are we expecting them to be on this previously abandoned station? If so, for what? If not, what's the likelihood that we'd be ambushed in transit by someone?"

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
Valtozaz gave a nod at the first answer, not honestly expecting much more than a broad assumption made for lack of a better reason, considering how little everyone seemed to know about this mysterious enemy.

The second answer gave Valtozaz a nice return to the reality that he didn't understand this side of the galaxy, making him glad for having asked, and knowing that someone was expected inside the asteroid facility after having assumed that they had all left on the ship that had "left years ago on it's mission to exterminate the Jedi and the Sith".
The answer to the third question Valtozaz made a mental note to be more careful in his word choice but said nothing, nodding again to show his understanding of the statement, getting the answer to his question in spite of the mixup made by his own vagueness.

Valtozaz smiled again, glad at the call to arms and readjusting the rifle on his back. As if he was making sure it was still there as he stood, looking at the pair of Marauders, wondering at where he'd be needed.
Edited by Shamen3mill, Nov 5 2012, 12:01 AM.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
Valtozaz had gotten up and went back to his seat soon after Tuz'iin had left the projector room, reviewing the schematic he'd seen in his head, thinking of where best to sit in order to catch a shot at someone, should anyone still be alive in this place.

Valtozaz stood again hearing his orders and thinking to stick at least somewhat close to the vulpine sniper until he was needed to change. Valtozaz pulled his rifle to bear, hitting a covert button in the stock as the gun hummed quietly, charging itself apparently before falling into silence again, the generator apparently silent after the starter. Valtozaz stepped to the back of the ship and waited for the ramp to open, holding the gun casually, not honestly expecting to see anyone alive at least inside the hanger. Rail rifles were hard to engineer, but silent even when firing, apart from the electromagnetic signature it was an untraceable gun, Valtozaz was proud of having made it, even going so far as making it look more or less like a standard rifle.
Edited by Shamen3mill, Nov 5 2012, 12:31 PM.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
Valtozaz had quickly scanned the hanger as soon as the ramp fell, looking around as he walked next to the eager fox, rifle kept well in hand as he noted the lack of any actual corpses, which was interesting. Valtozaz wondered where on earth the doners of the blood on the walls were. Valtozaz smiled and tapped Zack's arm, pointing toward the ladder which led up to what appeared to be the control center.

"Nice view of the galaxy from up there I'd bet...I'll set up on the catwalk around it. I don't claim to be a hacker so i don't think I'll be much help working the controls"
Valtozaz said this all with a smile, before bounding off towards the ladder, swinging his rifle over his back, and quickly scaling up to the top before making it to the catwalk surrounding the control center, Smiling as he was confirmed in such a wonderful view as he swung his rifle back to bear, looking around for anything that might be moving on the ground other than the team, and wondering what the two telepaths had been talking about when they said they sensed someone, seeing no-one living on the floor of the hanger.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
Valtozaz had been focused, as everyone else, on the opening of the door, his rifle trained on the officer quickly, more than ready to send a bullet through his skull...before he heard the rifle crack and saw his job done for him.
Valtozaz shuddered a second as he shook off the shock from the crack before he turned to where he'd heard it from, the echoes in the chamber stalled him a second before he saw the vague shape of a foot dissappearing into the ceiling, someone was trying to hide, and doing a fairly good job. Valtozaz shot with a curse under his breath, the magnetic bullet burieing itself in the wall of the entry to the shaft a while after the foot had gone entirely. Valtozaz lowered his rifle as the magnets inside cooled from launching the metal, when an idea flashed across his yellow eyes.
He smiled, fishing around in one of the cargo pockets and pulling out a ball shot, dropping it into the muzzle of his gun and smiling, wondering why noone had ever decided to put an electromagnetic coil in a rail gun's bullet before, before he aimed, and fired. The ball passing through the powerful magnets quickly charged it to maximum capacity. "have a couple thousand amps" He muttered, watching the bright blue ball arc plasma into the air as it streaked toward the entry to the maintenance shaft, hoping to see it come alive with arcs as they progressed into the shaft and around the ceiling, jumping to anything metal.

Should the electrical show be cut short by some sort of insulation Valtozaz would curse again, and say what he would've said after the light show anyway "The shaft in the ceiling!" He yelled to the hanger at large, fairly confident that that would be a good escape route for where the rifle sound originated, even if the foot he'd seen had been imagined as it struggled to keep disguised despite it's owner's movement.

If this post interferes with the storyline dragon i can change it, I'd just assume as a sniper that Valtozaz can pinpoint a rifle's blast, even if it was echoing like it would in a chamber like this hanger.[edit_reason] Making it realistic, and spelling things right[/edit_reason]
Edited by Shamen3mill, Nov 7 2012, 01:16 PM.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
Valtozaz smiled watching the arcs spill all over the entry to the hatch, before he heard the AI's screaming and gave some word out in a foreign tongue, "well shit" being the general feeling delivered before Valtozaz ran for the control room, barging into it and quickly ducking into a corner, getting out of the way quickly, expecting the rest of the team to follow soon after.

Shamen3mill
Member Avatar
Scalid Sniper.
Valtozaz, as he'd been told to, started to search for a second exit, looking up and grinning, seeing an air conditioning duct.
"well there's an exit if we have no other choice, might be a tight fit though." Valtozaz said after he'd been told to search for a possible exit. Valtozaz waited for a bit before talking again.
"Whoever Marauder one is he knows this place like the back of his hand...if he's looking for anything he'd find it quick...it's not easy to outrun an electrical current without knowing where you're going, and the fact that he's still moving likely proves that he dodged that threat. Camo armor isn't commonly grounded."
With that Valtozaz heard a slight hiss outside, and the distinct sound of the hanger doors closing again. Valtozaz walked out and smiled at the two vixens.
"i hope the suits kept you comfy through that" Valtozaz said, a bit of levity in his voice before he cleared the doorway, eying the now closed maintenance hatch...that Marauder didn't miss a beat...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rp Thread Archives · Next Topic »
  • Pages: