Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
MARAUDER, EPISODE I: The Hunt for Marauder One; Stop a rogue operative before he ignites an interdimensional war!
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 11:13 AM (5,634 Views)
Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Head General of the Marauder Corps
(Posting this in case I don't get a chance to tomorrow. Don't need an immediate response, but don't let this RP die so soon.)

After the emergency briefing, Tuz'iin and Leigh headed to their ship, the Insurrection Alpha - a modified XG2M2 Star Wing Assault Corvette.

"Think this rogue operative was Marauder Corps?" Leigh asked Tuz'iin.

"It would explain why fingers are being pointed at us," Tuz'iin answered. "But I know of no DMC Marauder Operative that has gone rogue, recently or long ago." He walked into the cockpit as he waited for the rest of the team. While he waited, he punched up his intel on the Imperial Cairn Installation. "This is the Cairn Installation," he told Leigh.

"Didn't Kyle Katarn hit that place one time?" Leigh asked.

"In 'Verse 02-Alpha, yeah," Tuz'iin replied. "This one's in '02-Gamma. Zaariin's territory."

"Ugh," Leigh complained, "I thought we'd seen the last of those bastards after Mu-Gamma IV."

"Apparently not," Tuz'iin said. "But what I want to know is why Marauder One hit this place, and not some more important target?"

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Technically, Shamen3mill, the Insurrection Alpha doesn't have a door - it's primary entry point is through the boarding ramp in the belly of the ship. There is, however, a secondary hatch on the ship's spinal structure, starboard side of the dorsal fin.)

Tuz'iin heard the sniper, and turned to face him. "Good to have you here, tovarishch," Tuz'iin said. "Tuz'iin Do'Vokun, Dragon'taan Marauder Corps Marauder Operative." He offered a hand to shake.

"We were just discussing the Cairn Installation," Leigh said. "Any questions you have, ask them - we have a bit before we get underway."

(An image of the Insurrection Alpha:

Posted Image

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Wasn't FurryFilm a part of this little escapade?)

As the newcomers came onto the ship, Tuz'iin noticed something. "There's the next part of our team," he said, "Where's the final member? I really don't want to leave him behind."

As Tuz'iin mused, Leigh turned to Valtozaz. "Leigh Hudson," She introduced herself. "Been a while since I came face-to-face with a Sniper. I wonder... ever been as far as Mu-Gamma IV?"

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Oh. Yeah. I forgot about that, honestly. My bad!)

Leigh scoffed. "It's good that you've not been to Mu-Gamma IV, considering what happened to it."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"Ah, here after all," Tuz'iin greeted Zack. He offered a hand to shake. "Tuz'iin Do'Vokun, Dragon'taan Marauder Corps. This is my girlfriend, Leigh."

"Pleased to meet you," Leigh said with a warm smile. "Now that we're all here, can we lift off?"

"Sure," Tuz'iin said, "Soon as everyone takes their seats."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"Okay," Tuz'iin said as he assumed the pilot's seat. He began to work with the controls as he told Leigh, "Leigh, shut the boarding ramp, if you will."

"Shutting," Leigh said. The boarding ramp shut and the atmosphere inside the Insurrection Alpha pressurized.

"Argo," Tuz'iin told the AI, "If you can get inside the systems of the Insurrection Alpha, now would be a good time to do so - just bear in mind, you'll be sharing space with my own AI, Ricca."

The XG2M2 Assault Corvette shuddered as it began lift-off. The landing bay slowly began to sink beneath the view from the cockpit, being replaced with a beautiful Dragon'taan summertime sunset. The DMC Marauder Operative chuckled. "Never gets old," Tuz'iin said. "Back when I first came here, I would always sit on a rooftop and just stare into the sunset."

The lateral wings of the Insurrection Alpha folded down once the ship was clear of the ground, and about thirty feet above the landing bay, giving the craft a look reminiscent of an inverted five-point star. The primary engines cut in after that, and the craft stopped shaking as it headed into the space above the dragon-shifter homeworld (Yes, Shamen3mill, Dragon'taan is home to the dragon-shifters - has been since the Marauder War. Who do you think founded the Marauder Corps?).

Tuz'iin made the jump calculations, and engaged the craft's TDIG Rift generator. Outside, a swirling maelstrom of fire typically associated with such a rift appeared, and the XG2M2 sailed through it, entering a strange dimension of flashing lights and colors. The colors were cut off abruptly as the cockpit shielding went up, and the cockpit became dark, lighted only by the lights in the consoles before the cockpit lights themselves came on. Tuz'iin unstrapped himself from his seat, and looked to one console, then to the others present. "We've got three hours before we hit the Cairn Installation. Please, follow me to the projection room."

Tuz'iin got up, and headed for the aforementioned room - a room with a holographic display device in the center of the room (think that thing on the Ebon Hawk that shows the planets in KotOR I & II). Tuz'iin activated the device, then punched up the Cairn Installation. Immediately, a massive asteroid installation was seen. "This... is the Cairn Installation in Universe 02-Gamma. It's both a factory and a space dock - though the ship that reportedly was docked here left years ago on it's mission to exterminate the Jedi and the Sith. The facility has gone dark, no hails have been answered, and we believe Marauder One reportedly hasn't left the vicinity. Any questions so far?"

(On an unrelated note, Shamen3mill, I do have a lounge RP that takes place on Dragon'taan - you'll recognize it when you see it. I would advise, however, you look through the presentation topic to see what's available.)

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Uh, Shamen, Tuz'iin and Leigh are both Cornerian Foxes - the only thing alien about them is Tuz'iin's name. Tuz'iin Do'Vokun. It's Dragonarian for "Blade Master of Shadows.")

"Any information on the Cairn Installation you have would be much appreciated, Serena," Leigh responded.

"And to answer your question, Zack," Tuz'iin said, "We don't at all know who or what Marauder One is. We don't know where he is from, we don't know what he calls home, and we sure as hell don't know what he is. No one has ever gotten a good look at him. Or her. We know nothing; but that's one of our goals - to find out as much as possible on Marauder One... Name, race, age, gender, everything. Among such things should be history - General Indari would very much like to find out why this person is trying to spark an interdimensional war."

Tuz'iin looked to Krystal. "To answer your question, Krystal, it doesn't - for all we know, Marauder One could have left under cloak - but we must head there regardless, because it was the most-recently hit, and it may contain a clue, if not several, on what to expect from our rogue operative. If Marauder One has indeed left, the facility itself may have an idea of where he was headed." Tuz'iin looked to the team. "We need to look lively - we are stepping into a shitstorm. Universe 02-Gamma is home to the Galactic Empire ruled by a military council headed by General Zaariin. The Imperials of this 'verse have no love for the Marauder Corps at all. Keep your weapons loaded and ready, and if you've any questions of the Imperials we will likely face, ask them now - you may not get a chance to later."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(I'm sorry. Didn't mean to confuse you.)

Quote:

"So something we do know about our mysterious assailant, or something we've assumed anyway, is that he's trying to start a war. I'm a bit removed from politics here, so between who, and how do we suppose this?" Valtozaz asked.

"Honestly, we aren't at all sure," Tuz'iin responded. "His strikes have been... sporadic. As was mentioned in the briefing, he has hit multiple territories. We suspect, however, given that most - if not all - of the territories hit are allies we have strong ties to or enemies that have a standing cease-fire treaty with us... in which case, it would make it seem that Marauder One is trying to turn everyone else against us."

"Or that the targets are significant in some way we've yet to discern," Leigh added.

Quote:

"And regarding the Imperials, are we expecting them to be on this previously abandoned station? If so, for what? If not, what's the likelihood that we'd be ambushed in transit by someone?"

"Firstly, the Cairn Installation was never abandoned in the first place," Leigh corrected Valtozaz. "Secondly, to answer your first question, we are fully expecting the Imperials to be on the station - if not survivors, then an investigation crew, which is, to say, Storm Commandos."

"Yeah," Tuz'iin affirmed, "The Imperial version of the Russian Spetsnaz. And to answer your second question... the likelihood of being ambushed in transit is highly unlikely; they haven't the technology to bring us out of translight speed, and certainly not while in translight speed going between two dimensions. It is likely, however, that they will be waiting for us on the other side of the rift. Speaking of which - Ricca, engage the cloaking device."

"Affirmative," The AI spoke over the intercom. Moments later, an electronic zinging sound could be heard inside, signifying that the cloaking device was engaging, and stopped when the craft was cloaked. "Just advance warning, we'll be exiting translight speed in about ten minutes."

"Alright, people - lock and load," Tuz'iin said.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"No time," Ricca said. "We're exiting the portal!"

Outside, a TDIG rift opened up, but nothing seemed to come out. It pulsated, shimmered, then finally vanished. The Insurrection Alpha, however, did exit the rift - under cloak, invisible to sensors.

"Talk to me, Ricca," Tuz'iin requested as he assumed the pilot's seat. "What do we have?"

"That's just it," the AI replied. "Nothing. No Imperial ships, no life-signs on the station, no nothing. If the Imperials are here, they're laying low. However, that station is putting up a sensor-scattering signal. If there are survivors, I can't find them from here."

"Any outgoing ion trails? Anything to indicate the recent use of an FTL drive?" Leigh asked.

"No," Ricca said. "Not outgoing, and sure as hell no incoming trails. This place... it's like a ghost town. Wait..." she stopped as she detected something. "I'm... getting a background radiation indicative of a recent starship engagement. There's a--"

"Tuz'iin," Leigh said, "Look."

Nearby, an Imperial-II Star Destroyer was seen, floating adrift and derelict. It looked severely damaged, looking like it had been attacked.

"I'm detecting no atmosphere and no life-signs on that ship - If Marauder One attacked them, he knew exactly where and how to hit them. That's strange... I'm getting a radiation consistent with the use of Kadgeron weaponry."

"So whoever Marauder One is," Leigh surmised, "He had access to Kadgeron weaponry."

"Ricca, is there a useable hangar on the Cairn Installation?" Tuz'iin asked.

"Affirmative," Ricca affirmed. "Follow the nav."

A nav marker appeared on the HUD, and Tuz'iin steered the Insurrection Alpha into the Asteroid installation, landing in the only hangar large enough for the XG2M2 Assault Corvette. The lateral wings folded up, and the ship landed.

"Alright, let's move," Tuz'iin ordered. "Zack, Valtozaz, find high ground and cover us. Krystal, Alex, stick close to me. Ricca, Serena, Argo, see if you can hack into the systems of this base - alert us to any survivors you can detect."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Uh, FF, the boarding ramp hasn't even lowered yet.)

Tuz'iin and Leigh nabbed their weapons from the armory - Tuz'iin took his heavily-modified M41A Pulse Rifle, while Leigh took her HK G39M1. They both quickly stocked up on ammo, and headed for the boarding ramp.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," Tuz'iin remarked.

"You and me both," Leigh agreed. Ricca lowered the boarding ramp, and Tuz'iin and Leigh were the first out of the Insurrection Alpha. The scene inside the hangar was... eerie, to say the least. There were splotches of blood here-and-there, enough to indicate a running gunfight against an assailant armed with a projectile weapon. There were dried-out energy magazines from Imperial E11 Blaster Carbines everywhere, indicating that the imperials were shooting in all directions.

"The imperials here didn't know where their assailant was," Leigh said.

"No shit," Tuz'iin remarked. "Given the spots of blood, I'd say our assailant was armed with a high-caliber bullet weapon."

Leigh looked to Tuz'iin. "10x28mm caseless?"

"No," Tuz'iin answered, "I think that, if not 7.62x51mm, then 8x35mm. We're looking at either an RX Hybrid, an RX Kalashnikov, or an R38A1." Tuz'iin looked to Zack and Valtozaz. "You two - find high ground. Keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary - I don't want to get shot in the ass. Ricca, Serena, Argo, any luck getting inside the installation's systems?"

"None yet," Ricca answered. "Still accessing, stand by."

(And... we introduce Marauder One.)

In a dark alcove, high above the hangar floor, an unseen assailant sat. He was cloaked in adaptive PCD camo, with a sensor-scattering signal designed to keep him invisible to automated defenses. An open maintenance shaft sat above Marauder One's head, providing a convenient escape route. In his arms, an R38A1 Sniper Rifle. He looked through the scope, the sights settled on the apparent leader's head. He knew this man.

"Tuz'iin Do'Vokun," Marauder One growled.

"Foxtrot to Marauder One," came the voice of Marauder One's AI. The radio was in his ear, so no one else could hear the radio when it squawked.

"Marauder One here," Marauder One replied, "Go ahead, Foxtrot."

"I've got one or more AI entities trying to gain access to the systems of the Cairn Installation," the AI said. "Whatever we need to do, let's do it fast and get the hell out of here."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
The hangar was massive - three doors stood before the team, all of which were shut.

"Any ideas which one goes where?" Leigh asked.

"If I remember the layout of the station, the center door goes to a starship storage room with a personnel tunnel that'll take us deeper into the station," Tuz'iin said.

"Ricca, Serena," Leigh inquired, "Any chance you could hack through one of the doors?"

"The schematics look like spaghetti," the AI responded. "You'll have to figure out something on your end."

Tuz'iin looked toward the ceiling, and spotted a control center that apparently controlled the doors. "Zack," Tuz'iin requested, "See if you can get inside the control center up there - it may have the controls to open the doors. Try to open the center door."[edit_reason]Mispelled "Hack"[/edit_reason]
Edited by Star_Dragon, Nov 6 2012, 08:45 PM.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Tuz'iin and Leigh raised weapons, ready to drill any interlopers that would have exited the center room. As the doors parted, a Lambda-class shuttle was seen, perfectly untouched. In fact, it looked...

"This shuttle looks prepped for takeoff," Leigh commented. "Someone was trying to leave."

"Yeah," Tuz'iin said, "But who was trying to leave?"

"H-hello?" a voice said. "Is someone out there?"

An Imperial officer came out of the shuttle, apparently overjoyed to see the team. "At last!" he exclaimed. "We're saved! We have to get out of here!"

"Hold on," Tuz'iin requested, "What happened here?"

"We all got killed, that's what happened!" The officer responded. "I was with the Star Destroyer Bellicose, sent here to investigate why this station had gone dark... but all we found were dead bodies and blood everywhere!"

"Did you see who did this?" Tuz'iin asked.

"Yeah," the officer responded. "He's a--"

CRAACK!!! A sniper shot went off, fired from neither Zack nor Valtozaz. It was Marauder One.

"SNIPER! SCATTER!!!" Leigh exclaimed as the imperial officer wend down with a bloody hole in his head.

Marauder One slung his R38A1, then headed up through the maintenance shaft. Target eliminated. He was wondering when that Imperial bastard would show himself.

"Foxtrot to Marauder One," came Foxtrot's voice, "I don't know how much longer I can keep the Marauder Corps AIs out of this station's systems."

"Let them in," Marauder one whispered. "They do not know this station as well as you and I - giving us the advantage."
Edited by Star_Dragon, Nov 7 2012, 10:08 AM.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Foxtrot is an AI. And Valtozaz, don't worry. Marauder One has his own tricks.)

As Marauder One made his way through the maintenance shaft, he heard a shot. He looked behind, and saw a threat. Acting quickly, Marauder One dropped through a vent, and was in a type of control room. Directly ahead was a control panel and a window. Immediately, Marauder One saw where he was - the airlock controls. "All too easy," he chuckled.

Ricca didn't have to search for Marauder One for long - before her connection was mysteriously cut, she saw...

"PEOPLE, CLEAR THE HANGAR!!! MARAUDER ONE IS AT THE AIRLOCK CONTROLS! MOVE!!!"

"Into the control room, GO! Zack, seal the doors once we're in!" Tuz'iin shouted, rushing for the control room and praying Marauder One was slow.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Tuz'iin and Leigh were the last through the door - and just in time; no sooner did they make it inside that the airlock was released, and the roar of the vacuum started. Tuz'iin slapped the button, and the door sealed.

"That... was too close," Leigh said. "A moment sooner and we'd be floating out there."

"That wasn't meant to kill us, Leigh," Tuz'iin corrected. "It was meant to stall us."

"I agree," Ricca added. "He waited until we were all in here to blow the airlock. Marauder One is trying to stall us."

"Why?" Leigh asked. "Wouldn't it be easier to kill us?"

"If he wanted to kill us, we'd be dead by now," Tuz'iin said. "You saw how that imperial officer died - Marauder One was waiting for us. If he wanted to shoot us, we'd never know about it until he fired. Just like if he really wanted to shoot us into space, he'd have done so before we could even react. Ricca, can you detect any--"

"I did," the AI responded. "There was another AI present in the systems, but... I can't find them, nor can I track Marauder One. He's just... gone. It's like he just upped and vanished."

"On a station like this, I'm not surprised," Leigh commented. "I recognize this style. This man is definitely Marauder Corps."

"Ricca, did you get an image of Marauder One?" Tuz'iin asked.

"Not a clear one," Ricca answered. "I... hold on, I think I've got something... six levels above us... got him! Marauder One is in... some sort of factory."

Leigh frowned. "What is he doing there?" she asked.

"It's likely he's trying to hide," Tuz'iin said. "But... I have a feeling he's looking for something. Serena, Argo, see if you can't restore environmental pressure in the hangar. I want to get going as soon as possible. Zack, Valtozaz, Alex, Leigh, see if you can't find another way to get out of here, in case Marauder One left something preventing the AIs from restoring Hangar air pressure. Krystal, Ricca, let's see if we can't probe Cairn's computers."

"What for?" Ricca inquired.

"It may explain what Marauder One is doing here," Tuz'iin said.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"Damn it to hell," Tuz'iin cursed. "This computer's no good. Marauder One's AI must have severed it from the main hub." He and Leigh walked outside the control room, and looked down to the hangar floor. The blood remained, but the recently-killed officer was now gone.

"I guess that explains the lack of bodies when we came in," Leigh commented. "Marauder One must have blown them out, too."

"No," Tuz'iin discounted, "We'd have seen them when we came in. On the bright side, the Insurrection Alpha is still there. In any case, we need to get to Marauder One. Serena, Ricca... what's the fastest route out of the hangar and to the factory Marauder One went to?"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rp Thread Archives · Next Topic »
  • Pages: