Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Elder Scrolls Series; Where do you stand?
Topic Started: Mar 27 2014, 11:19 PM (673 Views)
Radigal
Member Avatar
The OFFICIAL Player of Marcus on SFG
As many of us have heard of this game series, I can't really find it fair to create a topic on just one or two of the games, when there are at least 5 games on consol and pc, and a new Online title to add to the mix.

So, what games have you played under these titles?

Show us your characters

Stats

Discuss likes and dislikes.

Things you found that many may have overlooked.

who knows, you may learn a thing or two.

I personally have played Skyrim to literal death. Two profiles, first over level 50, the other over lever 70.....and I want a third. Started playing Oblivion and getting my butt kicked by the Daedra >_<

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Never played them...*puts a paper bag over my head*

Radigal
Member Avatar
You might like them Julius. The the later ones, you have the freedom of choice. Like what skills you wish to increase, What quests you want to go on or temporarily pause on and so forth. Even the choice of (selected) race and how they look is up to you

TheRedFox8
Member Avatar
Supreme Commander of the CDF Forces
Morrowwind is what I believe the game in the series that offers most freedom. There's no waypoints, you actually have to listen to people and get directions. You either pay to go to towns, or you get to walk. Plus, you can literally kill anyone and they stay dead. No "important character" immunity. If you kill a main story-central character, the game outright tells you "You fucked up the game. You can't finish the main quest now. Reload a save, or this game is unwinnable"

Also, the environments are what I think are the most stunning. Very weird and unique. Skyrim's visuals are a close second. I do love the snow and Norse visuals.

Plus, what's really cool that Oblivion and Skyrim do not have is the ability to have the "levitation" enhancement, which literally makes you fly. Also, you can create your own custom spells, such as a 200 ft. fireball that does 6000 damage. Obviously you won't have the Magika to cover it, but through the use of cheats, you can literally take out entire towns. It's pretty fun.

The only complaint of Morrowwind that I have is the combat. It's... very plain. All you do is go up and mash the attack button hoping you hit something.

Radigal
Member Avatar
I have personally just entered the series a year ago with a chance buy at Skyrim. Found it at a pawn shop for $14 bucks so I figured why not. The awesome part was it had the Map, the instruction manual, and apparently the advertisement. Game worked perfectly......a year later....it had been the only game I had been playing. Now I am on Oblivion.

TheRedFox8
Member Avatar
Oblivion is... okay, but the visuals are a bit bland. Made especially so that it's considered a "benchmark game," much like Crysis was.

Radigal
Member Avatar
I haven't gotten far in Oblivion....apparently still at lvl 1 and trying to fight the Daedra for the first time

0000zero3
Member Avatar
CDF Lance Corporal
I started playing The Elder Scrolls with Daggerfall on my cousin's old DOS computer back in 2002. It was one of the best games I'd ever played, and to this day, still my favorite Elder Scrolls game. Ever since then, I'd played all of the Elder Scrolls games to date, from Arena to Skyrim, and even Elder Scrolls Online(*Shudder*). I'm a PC gamer, though. Am I posting in the wrong section for Elder Scrolls?

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
I tried playing Morrowind when I was young, but I tried stealing from an old woman and she caught me and I couldn't hit her with my dagger so I tried to leave but couldn't get the door open and she killed me...so I stopped.

Then I played Skyrim a while after it came out! Was totally fun, totally awesome. Played three characters (thief-archer, thief-mage, thief-dagger-assassin), only beat it with the second one, and I like 'em. This last year I played Oblivion (for my channel, too! Though the quality started out pretty awful), and though it was long, it was a lot of fun, too.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Head General of the Marauder Corps
Personally, I've played three. In order of which I played first to last, they are:

1.) Morrowind. I agree with Red - combat in morrowind is plain. But Morrowind is the Elder Scrolls game I have the most mods for. Navigation was... difficult in the beginning, but after I learned where everything was, I was able to get from quest point A to quest point B with no problems. Modding Morrowind was much simpler than modding the other two I've played, as a certain part of the game code (Crossbows) allowed me to add bolt-action rifles to the game (I added a Mauser Kar98K and it's scoped variant), and the animations were somewhat accurate for the rifles. I even added sound for both firing and operating the bolt!

2.) Oblivion. Better graphics than Morrowind, everything seemed bigger, and the katana models looked better than the ones in Morrowind (I love katanas, yes). More difficult to mod than Morrowind, but what really sucked was it had NO DUAL WIELDING. I've always been a fan of dual wielding. Oblivion had a more interesting storyline than Morrowind (IMO), not to mention longer. One of my favorite mods for Oblivion was the Predator mod (Predator as in the AVP Predator. Complete with auto-returning shuriken, wrist blades, cool-looking swords, and a WORKING PLASMA CASTER). Kick. Ass.

3.) Skyrim. Best. Elder Scrolls. Ever. PERIOD. My absolute favorite Elder Scrolls game of them all, despite it's bugs and problems. Not only did it let you Dual Wield (but NO BLOCKING with Dual Blades made no sense to me), but it had a storyline involving DRAGONS. Hell. YES! Skyrim has a lot of mods out for it (more so than Morrowind, I think), one of them being a mod that lets you craft Diamond weapons (That do a lot of damage when your one-handed and Blacksmithing skills are high). Or, if you're a Star Wars nerd like moi, then there's a mod for LIGHTSABERS. Getting the materials for both weapon mods is a pain in the ass (I use cheats, since I'm not very patient in finding such materials), but once you make them (and improve them, god forbid), they're AWESOME!!! My favorite mod for Skyrim was the Civil War Overhaul mod, which made the linear style of Skyrim's Civil War A LOT more realistic (as in, you can actually lose battles if you're too slow or not careful - something that was FUNCTIONALLY IMPOSSIBLE with vanilla Skyrim). But, I digress.

Skyrim Storyline was AWESOME. Escape from execution, dragonslaying (which, anyone who knows me will know I don't typically like killing dragons), infiltration, intelligence-gathering... the list of things you can do goes on [almost forever]. I personally like the fact you can befriend one of the dragons (hey - how often can a person do that?). I've been thinking of doing a youtube series on my adventures in Skyrim, but I don't think anyone would watch it (I'm not too good at playing a comedian).

All in all, I have to say, the Elder Scrolls series is an awesome franchise. Hell, I even have a story written in that 'verse.

--SD

TheRedFox8
Member Avatar
Amen to that, brother. *high fives*

Oh, and Ris, are you referring to that old woman in the lighthouse in the town you start in?
Edited by TheRedFox8, May 8 2014, 08:35 AM.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
TheRedFox8

Oh, and Ris, are you referring to that old woman in the lighthouse in the town you start in?

lol I have no idea. It was, like, at least seven years ago, I think. XD

0000zero3
Member Avatar
CDF Lance Corporal
Am I allowed to post screenshots of my Skyrim character here?

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
null

Am I allowed to post screenshots of my Skyrim character here?

He said "show us your characters," so I think it's okay...haha Maybe use a spoiler tag if you're worried about taking up the whole screen :P

0000zero3
Member Avatar
CDF Lance Corporal
Oh! Well in that case~!
So here's my most recent character Reks. He hits people with a big axe.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by 0000zero3, May 8 2014, 05:30 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Xbox · Next Topic »
  • Pages: