Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
The Tragic Tale of Tyrius
Topic Started: May 13 2014, 07:30 AM (3,598 Views)
KeikoMystere
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Rain. Rain had been almost constant ever since those people from the stars came. There were only two or three days of sunlight for every week... the rest was rain. Today was no exception.

Men from the Stars, armed with their cruel magical wands that could kill a person in one shot, had been trying to break into this particular town by using a small battalion from a rival village. Any attempts at negotiation had failed, and every day it was up to the guard and whatever traveling mercenaries to repel attacks from desperate soldiers...

One such attack had just been finished. A tall, strong wolf with dark grey fur and black hair clad in black armor stands alongside the town's guard, along with a brown furred female squirrel dressed in a white shirt, brown shorts and brown boots, with messy brown hair and steampunky goggles on her forehead. All of them were bloodied from the battle. The wolf had what looked to be a gigantic slab of metal fashioned into a sword on his back and a metal gauntlet, and the squirrel possessed a standard longsword with a crossbow over her shoulder.

"Aetsia, are you injured?" the wolf asks. The squirrel shakes her head. "I think we should take the fight to them when we've recovered. We know their men are being forced to fight. We should free them." They turn back into the town of Armsdell, to the tavern where they'd plan their next move. The guards would just have to see to it that the bodies of the dead were properly buried and respected.

At the tavern, the best starting place for any adventurer, the wolf has a tall glass of ale, while Aetsia settles for milk. "You did alright out there. Three kills." the wolf tries to make some conversation, but Aetsia just shakes her head and counts out ten... "... yes, I got ten. Don't compare yourself to me. I've done this for years..."

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
At another table in the tavern a mysterious young Red vixen slowly drinks some sort of clear liquid her head covered by a hood. Her eyes glancing around picking up everything going on in the tavern her attention turning to the two newcomers a Squirrel and a Wolf as they stepped in.
Edited by Kursed, May 13 2014, 08:26 AM.

OneWingedAngel92302
Member Avatar
A broken sword....
Not too far beside the two guards, they might catch a glimpse of a nomadic looking warrior in light gear drinking a small mug of water, and dining on a small cut of beef. She was adorned In a coat that covered a set of light traveling gear; Consisting of a small, dark vest vest and sweater just high enough to reach her abdomen, brown slacks, and broad-sword sheath attached to a small strap that looped around her shoulder. Not an unsual set of attire, though her appearance did draw a couple eyes..

Unlike most folk, she seemed to be a mix of certain Canid races in the area.. On one hand she had the physical proportions of the average vulpines, while her hair, and fur seemed more akin to the color and patterns of the Husky's of the northern region. Despite whatever her lineage might've been; It was safe to assume she wasn't local.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Belladonna Nixia flew in from the rain, and stepped into the vestibule of the tavern, shaking and fluttering her wings, to get the water off of her. She was careful not to get anyone wet. When she was done, she strutted into the main area of the tavern, and sat at the bar, folding her wings behind her.

A lovely Banshee, with a svelte body, black leather bat wings, purple, flowing hair in a stylish medieval braiding, jewel blue eyes, and dressed in black high heeled boots, leather leotards, floral pattern tights, and red combat arm braces, Belladonna was quite the sight. Her luminescent pale white skin seemed to emanate a glow...

"Why all the long faces...?" she asked no one in a soft voice.

Edited by Julius Quasar, May 13 2014, 06:58 PM.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
What was it that drew so many adventurers with such great potential to this very tavern? Fate? Liquor? The comfortable beds for wandering travelers upstairs?

Speaking of the beds.

Though muffled by doors and a flight of distance, yelling suddenly broke out upstairs, footsteps clambering across the barroom's ceiling. The upstairs door burst open shortly after, and a few people ran through the tavern, shoving their way to and out the front door. Soon the only voices left upstairs were that of an adult male and a young female, yelling back and forth.

The voices only became intelligible just before the two reached the doorway, where the man was gripping a young fennec vixen's upper arm and pulling her along.

"But I put it out!"

"And I'm putting you out." With only a few steps remaining, he threw the girl down, where she stumbled a little before regaining her balance. Still tense with indignation, the man turned and huffed back up the stairs.

Her big ears flattened against her head, the girl pulled her hood on, wrapping her cloak around herself and uttering quiet "'scuse me"'s as she headed for the exit.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
"Are you all right, sweetheart?" asked Belladonna, to the fennec she saw being mistreated.

0000zero3
Member Avatar
CDF Lance Corporal
This place sure was different than back home. Ramona, a human girl, sat at a booth along the wall adjacent to the stairs. She wore a black hoodie with the insignia N7 stitched above the right breast, and a white/red/white stripe going down the right arm. The girl watched silently as the ordeal took place. She felt a little bad for the fennec girl, but couldn't bring herself to say anything to her. Instead, she looked down at the table, pretending not to notice.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
Armsdell.

Out of the way, small, insignificant. To what end did this town serve to raid? What riches could a backwater hold?

Baltazar snorts in his helm. He sits on a hill several hundred feet from the town. He had spent the most of this miserable rainy day spotting the battlefield, watching the art of war play out on this day's chosen canvas.

"Of course it is you" He says aloud, holding up a piece of Manarock the size of a baseball. The pulsing metal serenades him with its usual response, silence. "Rip the village of its posessions, rip the ground of its riches."

Below him, his steed snorts as it stands beside his master. He is a fine horse, muscled and well fed. But his eyes betray the obvious misuse of magic. Of course the mane made entirely out of Electricity somewhat foghorns it as well.

He dons his zischagge, letting the lobster tail fan out over the back of his neck as he spurs his horse into town. There was no rule against after battle scrounging after all.

KeikoMystere
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
The tall wolf stands along with the squirrel girl, and the squirrel goes over to the fox, gesturing her head back to her companion. "We shouldn't have to quarrel among ourselves in this time of war, but if that man needs to be taught a lesson..." the wolf lets the sentence trail off.

He so hated to see young women mistreated, even if this one was without context...

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
The young fox lightly blushed first at the question she heard coming from the bar, and then more so when two others walked up to her. She didn't want to draw any attention. She just wanted to be on her way again. "No, it's fine," she mumbled with a little shake of her head, glancing towards the bar to reassure whomever had first asked, too--though at the sight of her, the fennec had an urge to vanquish her. There were good banshees? Huh. She didn't know that.

But blinking back into focus, she shook her head again. "It's not his fault. I kind of deserved it..."

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
I don't see how." The yougn Red vixen said walking up to the Fennec."Why did he throw you out like that?" she asked.

Meanwhile at the entrance what appeared to be hunter walked into the tavern she was a young white vixen her tail and ear tips covered in black fur, a Composite bow strapped to her back, her quiver also on her back barley carrying 10 arrows. The Vixen's almost white light blue eyes scanned around the room before she spotted a table to sit at.

OneWingedAngel92302
Member Avatar
A broken sword....
Meanwhile, the hybrid at the bar merely watched as she took a drink from her tankard. From the start, she had definitely been curious about this little girl. After all, she must've caused quite a stir for all those people to come darting like elk.. Though, she hoped whatever It was wasn't 'too' bad. From what she could gather from just listening to her, she didn't really much seem like the trouble-making type.

With her ear giving a light flick, she cut a piece of her meal with her fork and set It gently into her muzzle. While In most cases, she would've normally gone to ask what might've happened...But she was still pretty new to this area, and despite her emotions on the matter; She wasn't too keen on the idea of drawing any attention to herself.
Edited by OneWingedAngel92302, May 14 2014, 08:50 PM.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
The bodies of the raiders still lay where they had fallen, bleeding out onto the dirt.

Baltazar paid the groans of the still living no mind, sifting through pockets for spare units of currency, bits of Manarock they might have collected on the march here or from previous conquests. His lance was balanced up against his steed as he sifts, throwing away meaningless personal baubles with flicks of his wrist.

"Hey you!"

Baltazar slowly stands, a smile forming on his muzzle as he turns around. Three of the town guard stood watching him, clutching their weapons tightly.

"What are you doing here?

Baltazar looks at the half stripped corpses beside him, inclining his head a such an obvious answer. "Recycling." He makes a move to return to his scavenging, but a shouted word of warning gives him pause. His smile fades. "If i am not welcome then i shall bid a leave."

With grace he steps into his stirrup and flings himself aboard his Horse, his lance balanced on his shoulder.

"Did you know these men?" One of the guards asks, clutching his crossbow tightly as he tracks Baltazar's movements.

"Personally? No. Saw them coming a mile away though" He shoots back, enjoying the stunned silence that came after.

"Y-you didnt warn us!"

Baltazar tisks in response. "It is a tough world out here now. Men have to watch out for themselves. Why would i butt my head into other's business?"

He is responded with the mechanical shrieks of the crossbow being cocked, and the violent swears of the guard as he slams a bolt into the mechanism. "You think you can play games with us?!"

Baltazar kicks his horse, the clearly enhanced beast lumbering forward at a decent trot, leading away from the guards. As the horse bobs, the banner hanging from his lance unravels with the two pronged image of a great roaring bear.

THUNK

Baltazar grunts as the Bolt smashes into his cuirass, the great metal denting, but not piercing his mighty plate.

"My turn"

He lets loose a great roar, letting the spittle in his mouth decorate the Cross guard of his helmet. "Charge Wojtek, Charge!"

The thunder of hooves, the creaking of metal, the panicked screams of the guards, and then the sickening thunk of lance meeting and separating flesh.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Ris
May 14 2014, 07:53 PM
The young fox lightly blushed first at the question she heard coming from the bar, and then more so when two others walked up to her. She didn't want to draw any attention. She just wanted to be on her way again. "No, it's fine," she mumbled with a little shake of her head, glancing towards the bar to reassure whomever had first asked, too--though at the sight of her, the fennec had an urge to vanquish her. There were good banshees? Huh. She didn't know that.

But blinking back into focus, she shook her head again. "It's not his fault. I kind of deserved it..."
"...'Deserved it'!? YOU!? Nonsense. I'd like to twist his parts off!" Belladonna said.

She jumped up onto a table, and said "Let's see if we can improve the mood a bit!". She got a large mug of rum, drank it, and proceeded to sing an old pirate shanty:

"I tip me hat to my fearsome crew. Only had a drink, when we could've had a few. We're brothers, we're mates to the end Hey Hey...Farewell to thee , Goodnight to you! We sail the rivers we sail the seas, My boys they're always looking out for me. We're brothers we're mates to the end Hey Hey...Farewell to thee, Goodnight to you! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQJxlPSatig[/utube]

"Come on, all! Cheer up! Join in!" crowed Belladonna.

She sang again, attempting to sway the crowd, almost like she was trying to hypnotize them into better spirits...
Edited by Julius Quasar, May 14 2014, 11:38 PM.

0000zero3
Member Avatar
CDF Lance Corporal
Hearing a faint noise, Ramona stood up, looking first to the door, then to the patrons that had congregated in the middle of the tavern, then to the others. She wore a surprised look on her face as she headed to the window to get a better look.

As soon as the banshee started her giddy tune, she looked in confusion before heading to the door, pulling her hood up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rp Thread Archives · Next Topic »
  • Pages: