Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
The Tragic Tale of Tyrius
Topic Started: May 13 2014, 07:30 AM (3,562 Views)
Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
What was it that drew so many adventurers with such great potential to this very tavern? Fate? Liquor? The comfortable beds for wandering travelers upstairs?

Speaking of the beds.

Though muffled by doors and a flight of distance, yelling suddenly broke out upstairs, footsteps clambering across the barroom's ceiling. The upstairs door burst open shortly after, and a few people ran through the tavern, shoving their way to and out the front door. Soon the only voices left upstairs were that of an adult male and a young female, yelling back and forth.

The voices only became intelligible just before the two reached the doorway, where the man was gripping a young fennec vixen's upper arm and pulling her along.

"But I put it out!"

"And I'm putting you out." With only a few steps remaining, he threw the girl down, where she stumbled a little before regaining her balance. Still tense with indignation, the man turned and huffed back up the stairs.

Her big ears flattened against her head, the girl pulled her hood on, wrapping her cloak around herself and uttering quiet "'scuse me"'s as she headed for the exit.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
The young fox lightly blushed first at the question she heard coming from the bar, and then more so when two others walked up to her. She didn't want to draw any attention. She just wanted to be on her way again. "No, it's fine," she mumbled with a little shake of her head, glancing towards the bar to reassure whomever had first asked, too--though at the sight of her, the fennec had an urge to vanquish her. There were good banshees? Huh. She didn't know that.

But blinking back into focus, she shook her head again. "It's not his fault. I kind of deserved it..."

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
The fox was about to insist that she was, indeed, to blame, even if the man might have acted a little...hastily. (After all, she did put it out.) She wanted, too, to give the red vixen at least some little remark in order to politely sidestep her question, but her large ears perked up: the banshee had jumped up onto the table, a roar sounded outside, and then the banshee started to sing.

Wait, a roar?

Her brow furrowed in confusion, though her eyes lightly gleamed with curiosity. Looking to everyone--that is, the other vixen, the wolf, the squirrel, and the jolly creature whose species she thought only existed in evil--she gave a small smile and curt nod. "Really, I'm fine...You can go back to your drinks." With another little "excuse me," the young vixen continued through the tavern until she reached a window, cupping her hands around her eyes to try to see outside.
Edited by Ris, May 14 2014, 11:15 PM.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
(OOC: Making sure other people don't wanna post first!)

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
By the time the weird monkey had run outside after the wolf and squirrel, the fennec had decided she had to know what was happening outside. Clutching her cloak around herself, she ducked out of the tavern, her eyes soon falling upon the squirrel. She ran up to the girl and looked from her to the wolf, asking over the rain, "What's going on?"

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
Oh, okay, bad things were happening. The fennec gave a little hop backwards before continuing on step by step, giving the two apparent warriors their room. Was there really going to be a fight? She hadn't seen too many fights herself. She'd really only heard about them afterward. But if they did go at it, she hoped the wolf and squirrel would win. They seemed like the nicer of the sides.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
"Um...Excuse me, miss," she hesitantly called out to the red-furred vixen, "I...I think it actually might be a little late for that."

Again, corpses. And they were fresh. According to eye-witness.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
The fennec--named Sage, by the way--began to fidget a little uncomfortably, looking from the vixen to the bear despite being a little ways away from either of them. "Well, sir, I think the problem isn't that you're looting them, but that you killed them first. You know, adventuring is good, but killing is bad unless it's in self-defense."

He must have skipped a lesson during his apprenticeship. Or childhood. It was a good lesson to learn.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
Nope. Nope nope. That was a bad-word dragon. Sage was getting out of there.

With her heart pounding, eyes wide at the mythical beast--for the time practically forgetting the threat of the bear--the young fennec fox spun around and started running after the wolf and squirrel. Did she have a horse? Of course not. Was she going to get tired? Oh yeah.

But that was a bloody bad-word dragon.
Edited by Ris, May 16 2014, 02:41 PM.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
Though by the time Aetsia reached her, the fennec was panting, and still a little panicked. "There's a...dragon...in that village!" she told the squirrel, and whomever else was nearby. "The bear...and the dragon...are destroying it!"

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
Well, that would explain some things...Sage didn't know what she could do, but if it was up to them to help evacuate the village, she would have to try. With a nod, she took Aetsia's hand and helped hoist herself up onto the horse. "What about her?" she asked, referring to the baldish monkey.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
Sage still felt guilty for leaving the woman behind. The monkey-girl had wanted to help, too, and frankly would have been much more helpful than she was. Besides, what if the dragon got her?

She gave the squirrel's shoulder a little shake to make sure she had her attention. "Let me off. I'll see if I can help people get out, you go back for that one girl," she told her over the sounds of desolation. It was both amazing and terrifying how quickly something like this could happen.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
(Well, it's hard to keep up with a horse. XD)

Watching the squirrel ride off for only a moment, Sage got to work--though what she was doing, she wasn't sure. She tried to keep everyone calm while trying to keep calm herself, directing anyone towards the exits as safely as she could. The fire that she had started in the tavern was nothing compared to this.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
Her ears perking up at the voices, Sage turned and looked down at the dragon on the ground. Her eyes widened again and she jumped back in surprise. Then it hit her. "Oh, no!" she exhaled, looking at the vixen with a sense of urgency in her eyes. "Maybe it attacked us 'cause we had its baby...Where did you get that dragon?"
Edited by Ris, May 16 2014, 06:01 PM.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
"I--..." That was a lot to take in. The vixen nervously bit her lip, watching the dragon for a few long moments before slowly returning her gaze to the vixen, cocking her head to the side. "Then why didn't you know what I did at the tavern?"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rp Thread Archives · Next Topic »
  • Pages: