Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Liberty Park; lounge/casual/open ended rp about (sub)urban living
Topic Started: May 18 2014, 11:00 PM (1,124 Views)
Proton Inspira
CDF Lance Corporal
Quote:

LIBERTY PARK

~Welcome to the Neighborhood~
Liberty Park is a new award-winning premier neighborhood that is inspired by the past. It is liveable, walkable, and best of all, it is less than ten miles from downtown Corneria City. Built upon the site of the former Cornerian Armed Forces Training Center, the 1,200 acre neighborhood today is home to 9,000 residents and more than 125 businesses. A wide range of housing choices, great schools, parks, lakes, shops, and dining make Liberty Park one of Corneria City's most desireable places to live, work, or visit.

Available Homes by Whyndam Carlton Homes
~ Custom Classics
~ City Homes

Apartment Life
~ The Easton at Lake Liberty
~ The Majesty at Downtown Liberty Park
~ The Village at Liberty Park
~ Enders Pointe at Lake Liberty

A Sense of Community
~ Schools
~ Parks and Recreation
~ Village Center/Downtown Liberty Park
~ Master Plan
~ History

Available Homes by Whyndam Carlton Homes
You will find inspired architecture, modern floor plans, and quality construction with Wyndham Carlton Homes. Since inception, Wyndham Carlton has been Liberty Parks most popular homebuilder, and now only a few opportunities remain to own a Wyndham Carlton home here. Choose from sophisticated City Homes near Lake Liberty to impressive Custom Classic Homes on large lots with lake views.
Sales office and model homes open from Mon-Sat 10a-6p and Sun 12p-6p. Located at 1407 New Broadway Avenue. Call to book an appointment at 1-800-555-1232. Walk-ins are welcome.

(*Many Liberty Park home types are sold out. For more information about available resale homes, contact your Realtor's office)

Custom Classics
The Custom Classics come in a selection six floor plans from which to choose, from modest a modest 1-story 3-bedroom home, to more impressive 2-story 5- and 6-bedroom luxury homes, all ranging between 2,500 square feet to 5,600 square feet. They feature varying styling options from Mediterranean and Spanish Rennaisance, to Victorian and Neo-Colonial. Prices range from the lower $500,000s to the upper $700,000s.

City Homes
The City Homes are stylish and more affordable alternatives to the Custom Classics with floor plans ranging from 2 to 4 bedrooms, and feature a Neo-Ecclectic styling. Prices range between the lower $200,000s to mid $300,000s.

Apartment Life
A variety of apartment styles—from garden apartments, to townhomes, to lofts—are all available now in Liberty Park. Explore our apartment communities, and enjoy all the pleasures of Liberty Park.

The Easton at Lake Liberty
Brand new one and two bedroom lofts, one and two bedroom garden apartments, two and three bedroom townhomes.
Leasing office: 3304 Liberty Park Boulevard. 463-555-3545

The Majesty at Downtown Liberty Park
Offering one and two bedroom apartment homes.
Leasing office: 3312 Liberty Park Boulevard. 463-555-2316

The Village at Liberty Park
One to three bedroom apartments. Pool, spa, clubhouse, and fitness center.
Leasing office: 4308 Crestmere Lane. 463-555-8731

Enders Pointe at Lake Liberty
One to four bedroom garden apartments and townhomes. Garages available. Pet friendly
Leasing office: 1440 New Broadway Avenue, Suite 105. 463-555-1270

A Sense of Community
When you live in Liberty Park, it is easy to meet new people, try new things, and get involved. Or you can simply watch life go by from the comfort of your own front porch. Wide sidewalks on every street and miles of bike paths and trails around the lakes encourage residents to get out and about. Dogs and kids are the social binding of the neighborhood parks, playgrounds, and pools. Residents have formed dozens of clubs and civic associations, and new ones are cropping up all the time. With top schools, popular restaurants, and a busy schedule of special neighborhood events, Liberty Park has become one of Corneria City's most desired neighborhoods.

Schools
Three A-rated public schools are a big draw for Liberty Park's parents and their children, many of whom can walk or ride their bikes to class. William Howard Crestmere Elementary School serves K-5 students from a beautiful campus in the heart of the neighborhood. Timberleaf Middle School serves grades 6-8 from a new neighborhood campus with extensive recreational facilities. For grades high schoolers, Liberty Park High School serves grades 9-12; both of which feature an acclaimed IB program. A new private daycare center and a pre-K center opened across the street from William H. Crestmere Elementary a year ago. Exceptional private schools are in the area, as are Bowling Green College, the Liberty Park Campus of Corneria College, and Fairwinds University.

Parks and Recreation
With two large lakes, more than 60 miles of paths and trails, and over 20 parks, there's always somewhere fun to go and exercise. Here are a few favorites:
-Enders Park is a residents-only park and recreation center that offers a large pool and kiddie pool, state of the art fitness room, a community gathering room, a playground and more. Take part in the swimming lessons and fitness classes such as Pilates and yoga. This facility is access-controlled.
-Crestmere Hall is another beautiful residents-only recreational facility that offers many of the same amenities as Enders Park. The Crestmere Hall is access-controlled and is also home to the Liberty Park Property Ownership Association.
-Highland Park is a scheduled residents-only facility that offers a large pool, an open-air pavilion with metal roof and bahama shutters, a birthday pavilion with picnic tables, and a childrens playground and play lawn.
-Timberleaf Park is a 55-acre Corneria City park that is home to a track and field complex, lightened baseball field with concession stands, tennis courts, basketball courts, picnic areas with covered pavilions, two children's playgrounds, a great lawn for soccer and field games, fountain plaza and grand stairs. Reservation for facilities are made via the City of Corneria City.
-Border Park is a Corneria City Park that encircles Lake Liberty. It includes a 2.5-mile walking and biking trail and a beautifully landscaped amphitheater and boardwalk at the edge of the Liberty Park Village Center.

Village Center/Downtown Liberty Park
The waterfront Liberty Park Village Center is a hub of neighborhood activity. From sports bars to sushi bars to fine dining, you will find more than a dozen places to satisfy your appetite. Shops offering unique gifts, practical purchases, and personal services line New Broadway Avenue. Best of all, you will enjoy the convenience of various neighborhood chain banks, a Walgreens drug store, and a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market grocery store.

Multi-tenant office complexes and executive suites are home to dozens of businesses. And urban apartments and townhomes are home to residents who want to be in the middle of it all.

Master Plan
Liberty Park was master planned as a Traditional Neighborhood Development, using time-tested principles of New Urbanism. To state it simply, these planning principles mix residential, commercial, and civil uses in close proximity, making for a pedestrian-friendly neighborhood that make it possible to limit vehicle trips. Liberty Park is not a gated community and has no retaining walls, so it is able to blend seamlessly into older surrounding historical neighborhoods. A connected roadway network with 30 entry and exit points help disperse traffic. Garages are accessed by alleys in the rear of most homes, creating a better streetscape and safer sidewalks. It is neighborhood friendly, city smart, and a great way to live.

History
The land that is now Liberty Park has a long and proud history of the Cornerian Armed Forces service. Decades ago, it was an Air Corps and Airforce base, then it became the Corneria City Armed Forces Taining Facility, where more than 700,000 recruits received basic training until it was closed twenty years ago. Lake Liberty and Liberty Park take their name from Breckin C. Liberty, a former under secretary of the Corneria Space Defense. A Veterans Park on the southern shore of Lake Liberty has been created to commemorate that 70-year period in history.

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking interest in this RP concept. As you may have read in the description, it a lounge/casual rp with the theme being upper middle-class (sub)urban living on the fringe of the Corneria City Metropolitan Area, with sub themes of high school and college life. Now, keep in mind, that is only the basis and where the story starts. I'm not going to put many limits on where you guys take the story or what kind of characters you choose for this rp.

In other words, lemme give you an example or two: Some affluent yuppie or some thirty-something raising a family would be a typical resident of Liberty Park. But if a(n ex-)bounty hunter or someone moves in next door and disrupts the confines of suburban living by causing a ruckus or bringing some "surprises" along, that'll just make for great story telling. I'm sure each character will have his or her reason for purchasing or renting a $600,000 luxury home in some fancy housing estate, whether that be to pursue the Cornerian Dream, to hide out in an low-key spot because there is a bounty on your head, or just to see what all the buzz is about in this neighborhood.

But anyway, I think that's enough for now. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I wanna change something and point out another.

--If anyone wants to do a bit of high school rping in this, I've changed the high school concept. Instead of having a separate campus for 9th graders, it'll be all one campus. Having two different campuses may be cute in real life, but it makes things difficult RP-wise.

--Also, Liberty Park is simply the neighborhood in which our characters live. I'd expect much of the rping to take place within Liberty Park, but I am sure our characters' lives would consist of a little more than being cooped up in some house all the time. With that said, the story can branch out through and about the entirity of the Corneria City Metropolitan Area.
Edited by Proton Inspira, May 20 2014, 03:45 AM.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
id totally join if it gets accepted. would humans be allowed cause my charecters are all human.

Proton Inspira
CDF Lance Corporal
Sure. I'm fine with that.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
Hmm I can't make this decision on my own for this one...

0000zero3
Member Avatar
CDF Lance Corporal
I am definitely interested, I'm just going to post my next set of characters, and I'll use them when I get them down.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Sounds pretty fun. I'll have my new characters Sally and Dora Rowland join.

Proton Inspira
CDF Lance Corporal
I made a couple of edits.

null

EDIT: I wanna change something and point out another.

--If anyone wants to do a bit of high school rping in this, I've changed the high school concept. Instead of having a separate campus for 9th graders, it'll be all one campus. Having two different campuses may be cute in real life, but it makes things difficult RP-wise.

--Also, Liberty Park is simply the neighborhood in which our characters live. I'd expect much of the rping to take place within Liberty Park, but I am sure our characters' lives would consist of a little more than being cooped up in some house all the time. With that said, the story can branch out through and about the entirity of the Corneria City Metropolitan Area.

Edited by Proton Inspira, One minute ago.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Head General of the Marauder Corps
Debating whether or not I want to join. My RP chars are primarily militant or military personnel affiliated with the DMC. Take a look at my chars: http://s13.zetaboards.com/StarFox_Galaxies/forum/3059872/

Would any of them be able to run with this RP?

Proton Inspira
CDF Lance Corporal
Star_Dragon
May 20 2014, 08:32 AM
Debating whether or not I want to join. My RP chars are primarily militant or military personnel affiliated with the DMC. Take a look at my chars: http://s13.zetaboards.com/StarFox_Galaxies/forum/3059872/

Would any of them be able to run with this RP?
I personally have no hang-ups on what kind of character you rp with. My philosophy with rping is that we come up with something on opposite ends/perspectives, and see what happens when the two situations meet in the middle. You can use virtually any character you want for virtually any reason you want. I will say, though, your characters could make for some interesting neighbors.

They can be a military-affiliated war hero or a regular joe schmoe. That's just they thing; people can come in all kinds of shapes and sizes and and background, so I would in fact encourage people like your characters moving into Liberty Park. It would only add to the drama and entertainment. However, just bear in mind that no one moves to a place like Liberty Park locked and loaded and ready to go to combat. I'm not saying that some interesting event couldn't break loose in our happy suburb. But initially, Liberty Park is very far from being any kind of dangerous combat zone or anything at present.

With all that said...

What I would suggest is that your character(s) come with a (non-)canon reason or excuse for living in a 600k cookie-cutter luxury home. Perhaps they wanted to live in a safer area? Perhaps they have a vacation home and are on vacation/paid leave from duty? Maybe they retired from duty. Whatever reason you want. --Or, hell, maybe no real reason at all and they simply live there.

Hope that answered your inquiry.
Edited by Proton Inspira, May 20 2014, 09:38 AM.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Head General of the Marauder Corps
... Very well. I could say that Janie is on leave to her vacation home in Liberty park, and I'm seriously considering including Vokun Suleyk in this (Since he hasn't been in any RP's yet. I'll have his profile up soon).

EDIT: Here's Vokun's Profile: Vokun Suleyk

I'll also be using Janie and Viktor. Links to their profiles:

Janie Black

Viktor Drakona[edit_reason]Character Profiles[/edit_reason]
Edited by Star_Dragon, May 20 2014, 11:42 AM.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
Cool ill use drummer and Calliope, she is the one witht eh wolf head.

http://s13.zetaboards.com/StarFox_Galaxies/forum/3059881/

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
I'll pin this later.... but okay go ahead.

Proton Inspira
CDF Lance Corporal
YEZZZZSSSSS!!!

I'll fire up the actual RP and a discussion thread in a little while.

--Oh and I thought I'd put it out there, I aint got no characters yet. lol. I thought I'd make em up as I go... Which reminds me, I need a character subforum.=P

Any thoughts/suggestions/questions?

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
I'll get you a charcter sup forum asap.

Grayfox
CDF Conscript
As ive already discussed with Naza, I will be joining this with my character Ashlin. (I guess ill post a character sheet later)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplay Plot Presentations · Next Topic »