Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Liberty Park; Welcome to the Neighborhood
Topic Started: May 22 2014, 10:07 AM (4,382 Views)
Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
Before the door is closed, Drummer thumbs towards where Calliope has begun singing loudly on the rooftop. She is clearly having the time of her life, but doing so at the top of her lungs.

"Just a courtesy measure i assu..." Drummer stops once he hears the growling and sees the firearm. "Uh, is he gonna shoot me? Because i will drop the cake and leave, i have no problem."

Grayfox
CDF Conscript
Ashlin closed the door behind her and looked around. It was a decent sized place, bigger then any she had stayed in before. It was dark though, all the curtains were drawn across the windows and the only light came from the screens of computer moniters and other electronical devices. She immidiaty went over to a desk in the living room and opened a bottom drawer, retrieving and USB that Conner said would be there and plugging it into a PDA on her wrist. The USB contained the codes and controls for the house security, locks, cameras, shutters, so she could access them when she wasnt at the house. Just a precautionary measure.

She took a little longer to scout out the bottom floor of the house before heading upstairs to the room where she would be staying. Laying her rifle case on the bed, she opened it and removed the parts to her gun, assembling them with a screw driver before laying it aside and clipping her side arm to her belt. Satisfied with the assembly and the current safty of the home, the vixen headed back outside to her Jeep to gather the rest of her luggage.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Head General of the Marauder Corps
"Who, Viktor?" Janie asked in response to Drummer's query. "Hell no. Unless you have a gun and are shooting at him, he won't shoot you. As I said, he's always suspicious of the surrounding environment of a new place; this is his first time on Corneria."

"The story behind his apparent fear of new places is a long tale, trust me," Vokun added. "But, I can only speculate that, as a dragon-shifter, he doesn't have our trust of others. Not every planet welcomes the sight of a dragon - and by extension, dragon-shifter - with open arms."

"That and he's a... foreign member of the United Sangheili Republic. I guess some of their culture carried over to him," Janie said. "Speaking of which, if you ever run into a Sangheili, don't call him an Elite. They still hate that."

0000zero3
Member Avatar
CDF Lance Corporal
Acting as quickly as possible, John pulled his phone out, dialing 911 and talking with the dispatcher. "Yeah, we got a fire in Liberty Park, at house 125. A car on the street got into an accident and caught fire." He nodded a few times, staying on the line with the dispatcher until they could hear sirens.

Jade was understandably freaked out. They just moved in, and already there was a fire in their front yard. What a day. "Dad, I wanna move" She said. She knew they couldn't, but so far, she didn't like it there.
Edited by 0000zero3, May 26 2014, 06:03 PM.

Proton Inspira
CDF Lance Corporal
Joe, Amanda, and whomever else watched with sort of a dark curiosity as the red Elantra turned into the makings of a bonfire in the middle of the street. Flames were roaring from beneath the car and under the hood, and the interior was starting to catch.

"Jeez..." Kiersey said as she walked up to the scene. A burning car in the middle of the street and a flipped SUV in someone's yard. What was this? South Central?

The fire department arrived on the scene and the crew immediately hopped out. "Is anyone hurt? No one is in the car, right?" one of the crew members queried while the rest hooked the hose to a hydrant.

"Yeah...--Um, no, everyone is fine," Amanda said. Smoke and flames billowed from the engine compartment once they lifted the hood. They began hosing the motor down.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"I have no clue what any of that means. Dragon-Shifter, or what an Elite is."Drummer says before stepping further into the house. "But i remember what it is like to fear your surroundings." Drummer says cheerily, lowering the cakes onto a counter as he stretches his back. "So welcome to the neighborhood none the less."

Proton Inspira
CDF Lance Corporal
The scene seemed to settle. The car fire was out, the police were marking the position of the cars with with spray paint and taking photographs, and although Mrs. Feuerstein looked fine, she was being put into an ambulance to be taken to the hospital to make sure she was okay. A couple of wreckers would be on the scene soon to haul away the trashed vehicles.

"...Kiersey, take the car home and unload the groceries." Amanda said, giving her the key. "We'll be there soon."

"Okay." With that, Kiersey took the key and climbed into the Volvo. Starting it up, she dropped it into gear and pulled away to take the car home.

An officer took the owner of the Hyundai away to be questioned, while another officer approached Amanda, Joseph, and John. "Were any of you witness to the accident?" the officer asked.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"Thanks," Janie said. "And don't worry; few in Cornerian space have ever seen a dragon-shifter, let alone met one."

"Yes, they typically Dragon'taan and Dragonarian space," Vokun said.

"So, what kind of cake is that?" Janie asked.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
"Carrot" Drummer says, depositing one of the boxes onto the counter, separate from the others. "I would like to say its home made, but we picked it up from a Grocery store."

Grayfox
CDF Conscript
Ashlin, once retrieveing the rest of her bags from the trunk of her jeep, stared down at the smoke in the distance. She thought about going down to help, but decided against it seeing as I wasnt her problem. The vixen was about to turn when the armored car across the street caught her eye again. It seemed a little out of place in a residential neighborhood, but perhaps these might be the "potential threats" Conner was talking about? Her curiosity peaked.

She reentered the house and proceeded up the stairs, dumping her luggage on the floor before grabbing a pair of binoculars and peering out the window.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Sorry I haven't replied as fast, my internet signal is f**ked up with these storms moving through so much.)

Viktor kept under the guise of his Personal Cloaking Device (PCD) and watched the house across the street through the scope of an R38A1 Interdictor Sniper Rifle. The one he'd caught a glimpse of earlier stared at the house through a pair of binoculars. He didn't worry about being seen, as he was cloaked in the PCD's stealth field; that and the heat made the air shimmer, further hiding his presence. To avoid anyone hearing any rifle shots, he also had a sound suppressor on the Interdictor... just in case he had to snipe someone.

"Talk to me, Clara," Viktor said over a heavily-encrypted radio channel with triple frequency scramblers, preventing any eavesdropping. "Any threats in the vicinity?"

"Negative," the AI replied. "But I'm picking up a lot of radio traffic; I don't need to tell you to watch your back, Viktor."

"Hardly," Viktor chuckled. He shifted his rifle away from the interloper and toward the entrance to the neighborhood, where he spotted a car entering. Nothing out of the ordinary. But shifting the rifle further up the road, he spotted a potential situation; a man heading for the neighborhood was being harassed by a pair of armed thugs. They had backed the man into a wall - nowhere to run.

Time for Viktor do do what he did best.

He aimed for the right-most thug's head, took aim, and fired. No one would hear the shot; the most anyone would hear is a barely-audible cough that most would pass off as a smoker's cough or a man with allergies. Anything but a rifle. Viktor operated the bolt and then shifted his aim to the other thug, who had turned around after seeing his friend's brain splattered across the pavement. Viktor had a clean shot as the would-be victim ran off in the face of sniper fire; Viktor didn't waste a moment as he capped the other thug, as well. He then dematerialized his rifle and de-cloaked, standing up in plain view of the binocular-using watcher. He waved at her, then shifted to dragon form as he jumped off the roof and flew off, cloaking again as he went.

"Cool," Janie said, "Mind if I take a slice?"

Vokun's response was... different. "What's a Carrot Cake?" he asked.

(sorry if that was too violent. I was playing a lot of GTA5 today.)
Edited by Star_Dragon, May 28 2014, 04:56 PM.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
To say that Calliope took the sight of a dragon flying from a neighbors roof well would be to puzzle Lucifer with the sheer balls you have to lie that hard.

To the ground she goes, running down the slope of the roof and dropping with absolutely no care about her personal safety. Crashing to the floor, Calliope takes off towards the house that her husband was currently in.

The one that also had just had a dragon lift off.
------------------------------------------------

Drummer shrugs. "Its cake. Made with Carrot. Its also yours, help your sel" Drummer stops immediatly and inclines his head, his eyes scrunching and his entire being focused.

"Did I just...?" He asks semi rhetorically, looking about for the source of the noise. "Was that a silencer?"

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"I heard it, too," Janie said. "That was a suppressed rifle - seven-sixty-two caliber, too. Viktor, you know anything of a sniper in the area?" There was no response. "Viktor, come in! Over!" Janie barked in the radio. Still no response. "Dammit, Viktor's gone dark..." Janie mumbled. She looked to Drummer. "Get your wife, get inside. I can't tell you any more than that." She looked to Vokun. "Suleyk - with me. Get on the gun." Vokun donned his helm and he and Janie dashed outside - but not before Janie engaged the house security systems - to the 'hog, where Janie brought it to life as Vokun hopped on the gun in the back, and moved out.

Viktor landed in dragon form at the scene of the two dead thugs, both of them with their brains scattered about. He quickly shifted to normal form, but kept cloaked in case any cameras were in the area. He quickly searched the bodies for any useable intel, then, having found none, took a small container out of his pocket. He hit a button, and poured a small bit of blue liquid on both bodies. Both bodies disintegrated into nothing in seconds, leaving only the splattered blood on the ground as evidence that they'd been killed there.

Thank god for the Yaut'ja's corrosive blue solution - Viktor had brought a supply with him, just in case a body would need to be removed. Viktor quickly stashed the container in his pocket, and headed out, keeping cloaked. He moved off the street, then into another neighborhood, where he scaled a house and got onto a rooftop, and began moving across the rooftops. He kept his radio off, because he didn't want Janie's screaming over the channel to alert anyone nearby.

Jack Mccloud
CDF Sergeant Major
Calliope takes two steps towards the door, her first bracing her foot against the ground. The second brought her foot up to the doorknob, slamming into the wooden door's frame as hard as she can drive her foot into it.

The Wood cracks underneath her practiced barrage and she rips open the door to be passed and ignored by the other two occupants of the house.

"Drummer!" She shouts, as she nearly floors him with a tackle. She babbles for a few seconds, searching for a the few proper words to say to alert Drummer of what had happened.

"Dragon, fly, gunshots." She decides upon, shaking Drummer as hard as she can. "Run, house NOW!" She finishes, yanking him outside and back towards the house. "Basement, get, hide!"

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Technically, Jack, at the distance Calliopie was at, she wouldn't have heard the gunshots. Not unless she had ultra-sensitive hearing, which wouldn't make much sense since she was playing a violin next to her ear; even if she did have such hearing, the violin would have masked the shots with it's close proximity to her ears.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplay · Next Topic »