Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Liberty Park; Welcome to the Neighborhood
Topic Started: May 22 2014, 10:07 AM (4,405 Views)
Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Head General of the Marauder Corps
During all the activity, a ship appeared in orbit. It was just over eight kilometers long, with weapons that would shred the CDF forces in orbit if provoked. However, her shields weren't armed and her weapons weren't powered. She took up a standard orbit, and just sat there. Moments later, near a home that Dora and Sally were passing by, a transporter beam energized, depositing three figures on the ground. One was a tall human, with black robes and a helm that hid his face from view, darkness filling the holes where the eyes were supposed to be, and a single curved lightsaber hilt clipped to his belt; the second was a shorter human figure with crimson dragon eyes, armed with an archaic-looking assault rifle with a holographic sight and a 30mm grenade launcher; the final figure was Cerinian in appearance, with a rifle looking akin to the Human G36C rifle and a lightsaber hilt clipped to her belt.

But these figures weren't the only ones to be beamed down; in the driveway, two vehicles appeared; one was a modified and armored M12 Warthog LRV with the back M41 LAAG turret replaced by a twin Kadgeron Disruptor cannon/Kadgeron Micro-torpedo launcher combo turret; the other was a hover-bike of some kind armed with twin Kadgeron Plasma Repeater Cannons and two micro-missile pods. The next thing to be transported down was what appeared to be luggage.

"Holy crap is it hot here," Vokun commented.

"That's because you're dressed in all black and that helmet, Darth F***tard," Viktor chuckled.

"Knock it off, you two," Janie growled. "It's a hell of a lot cooler inside; now let's get our luggage inside."

The three unusual people began getting their luggage inside, seemingly unaware of anyone in the vicinity...

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Getting the luggage squared away was quick. The house was pre-furnished - Janie's vacation home for when she went on leave. She only wished Drake could have been here with her. Still, she was determined to make the best of her leave.

"I'm heading out," she told the other two, "Try not to kill each other while I'm away."

"No promises," Viktor said. Janie rolled her eyes and headed out the door, grabbing her HK G42M1 on the way out. Her lightsaber was still clipped to her belt. She shut the door behind her, walked over to the modified 'hog, and hopped into the driver's seat. She brought the vehicle to life, backed out of the driveway, and drove off...

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"Oh, you have to be KIDDING me!" Janie grumbled. An obscured accident just up the road had traffic backed up for miles. She looked around, and spotted an exit that lead to a service road. Thinking it better than waiting for idiot rubberneckers to clear up, Janie hit the accelerator and moved for the exit. The LRV bounced once as it hit a small road bump, and Janie got onto the service road. As she got further along the service road, the reason for the backed-up traffic was plain to see; a truck had flipped over on it's side in the median, and the repair crews were trying to get it upright.

"Janie to Viktor - anything in the news about a truck accident?" Janie asked over a coded comm channel.

"I was just about to contact you about that," Viktor responded. "According to the driver, a bunch of thugs with... hang on... some form of automatic weapon shot his tires out."

"Any ID on them?" Janie queried.

"No, but the truck driver did get an ID on the car - a black Chevy SUV with red stripes," Viktor replied. At the time that Viktor was describing the assailants' vehicle, Janie had looked at her rear-view mirror and saw that same SUV following her.

"Understood," Janie said. "I'll maintain alert status. Janie out." She kept driving off into the city, keeping an eye on the assailants following her. "Come and get it, you bastards... come and get it," she muttered. She hit the console computer and brought the rear turret up on standby, just in cast this got hot.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Janie continued driving, and the red-striped SUV continued to follow her. It moved closer, as though lining up for a shot. Someone rose from the skylight, armed with an assault rifle. It was all she needed.

"Computer, deploy armor! Shields up and weapons hot!"

The attacker fired a burst that glanced off the shields. Police radio channels would go haywire with reports of weapons fire, and a half-dozen police cruisers would converge on the 'hog and the SUV following it. Janie drove away from the crowded highway, and into a vacant field. The off-road tires were perfect on that terrain, and she was able to keep the 'hog under control; the SUV was not so lucky. It flipped over, throwing the shooter from the skylight onto the field. Janie was quick to exit, grabbing her G42M1 as she went. The shooter went for his rifle - an archaic AK50 - but had his arm pinned to the ground by Janie's boot.

"Don't try it, mudak," she told him, keeping her rifle leveled at the man's head "You're not that fast."

Police arrived moments later, and Janie showed them her DMC ID card. They let her go without incident, where she climbed into the 'hog, disengaged the weapons, shields and armor, and drove back onto the highway, then got off at an exit to hit the local grocery store. She walked inside, keeping her lightsaber concealed in her sleeve.

"Never a dull moment with the DMC," she muttered.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Vokun sensed the approaching interloper long before he knocked on the door. But it was Viktor who answered. The human dragon-shifter with crimson dragon eyes regarded Drummer with no facial expression, before he said, "If you're looking for Janie, she left nearly a half--" he paused as he looked behind Drummer and saw Janie's modified 'hog pull into the driveway. She hopped out with a grocery bag haning from her arm, holding her G42M1. "Scratch that, here she comes now," Viktor says.

"Viktor, why are you keeping this man outside? It's hot as hell out here," she stated. She tossed her rifle to Viktor, who retreated inside the house.

"I'm sorry if Viktor wouldn't let you in," Janie tells Drummer. "He's always been a bit... mistrusting." She shifted the bag to another arm, and offered a hand to shake. "Janie Black, Marauder Operative, Dragon'taan Marauder Corps."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"Oh, sure! Come on in!" Janie said. She moved aside top allow Drummer in. Vokun - who wasn't wearing his helm at the time - looked back from the couch to see Drummer and Janie enter.

"Sorry we never introduced ourselves," he told Drummer, "We just got here nearly an hour ago, and we were still setting up... well, they were."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"Apologize for your wife?" Vokun asked Drummer. "What did she do wrong?"

"No need to apologize, sir," Janie assured Drummer. "And you can set those boxes down on the table."

Viktor growled quietly, keeping his weapon - an RX Kalashnikov AK74U Assault Refit with a red dot sight, tactical foregrip, and extended magazine - ready to fire. He looked around, and caught a glimpse of someone entering a house.

"Derzhite glaza otkrytymi , tovarishchi - chto-to ne tak," he said. He shut the door as Janie asked,

"What do you mean?" Viktor didn't answer, he just ascended the stairs to the second floor. "You'll have to forgive Viktor - he's always suspicious when staying for extended periods in a new place."

"Can you really blame him, Janie?" Vokun queried.

Janie shrugged. "No, not considering what happened to him," she admitted.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"Who, Viktor?" Janie asked in response to Drummer's query. "Hell no. Unless you have a gun and are shooting at him, he won't shoot you. As I said, he's always suspicious of the surrounding environment of a new place; this is his first time on Corneria."

"The story behind his apparent fear of new places is a long tale, trust me," Vokun added. "But, I can only speculate that, as a dragon-shifter, he doesn't have our trust of others. Not every planet welcomes the sight of a dragon - and by extension, dragon-shifter - with open arms."

"That and he's a... foreign member of the United Sangheili Republic. I guess some of their culture carried over to him," Janie said. "Speaking of which, if you ever run into a Sangheili, don't call him an Elite. They still hate that."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"Thanks," Janie said. "And don't worry; few in Cornerian space have ever seen a dragon-shifter, let alone met one."

"Yes, they typically Dragon'taan and Dragonarian space," Vokun said.

"So, what kind of cake is that?" Janie asked.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Sorry I haven't replied as fast, my internet signal is f**ked up with these storms moving through so much.)

Viktor kept under the guise of his Personal Cloaking Device (PCD) and watched the house across the street through the scope of an R38A1 Interdictor Sniper Rifle. The one he'd caught a glimpse of earlier stared at the house through a pair of binoculars. He didn't worry about being seen, as he was cloaked in the PCD's stealth field; that and the heat made the air shimmer, further hiding his presence. To avoid anyone hearing any rifle shots, he also had a sound suppressor on the Interdictor... just in case he had to snipe someone.

"Talk to me, Clara," Viktor said over a heavily-encrypted radio channel with triple frequency scramblers, preventing any eavesdropping. "Any threats in the vicinity?"

"Negative," the AI replied. "But I'm picking up a lot of radio traffic; I don't need to tell you to watch your back, Viktor."

"Hardly," Viktor chuckled. He shifted his rifle away from the interloper and toward the entrance to the neighborhood, where he spotted a car entering. Nothing out of the ordinary. But shifting the rifle further up the road, he spotted a potential situation; a man heading for the neighborhood was being harassed by a pair of armed thugs. They had backed the man into a wall - nowhere to run.

Time for Viktor do do what he did best.

He aimed for the right-most thug's head, took aim, and fired. No one would hear the shot; the most anyone would hear is a barely-audible cough that most would pass off as a smoker's cough or a man with allergies. Anything but a rifle. Viktor operated the bolt and then shifted his aim to the other thug, who had turned around after seeing his friend's brain splattered across the pavement. Viktor had a clean shot as the would-be victim ran off in the face of sniper fire; Viktor didn't waste a moment as he capped the other thug, as well. He then dematerialized his rifle and de-cloaked, standing up in plain view of the binocular-using watcher. He waved at her, then shifted to dragon form as he jumped off the roof and flew off, cloaking again as he went.

"Cool," Janie said, "Mind if I take a slice?"

Vokun's response was... different. "What's a Carrot Cake?" he asked.

(sorry if that was too violent. I was playing a lot of GTA5 today.)
Edited by Star_Dragon, May 28 2014, 04:56 PM.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"I heard it, too," Janie said. "That was a suppressed rifle - seven-sixty-two caliber, too. Viktor, you know anything of a sniper in the area?" There was no response. "Viktor, come in! Over!" Janie barked in the radio. Still no response. "Dammit, Viktor's gone dark..." Janie mumbled. She looked to Drummer. "Get your wife, get inside. I can't tell you any more than that." She looked to Vokun. "Suleyk - with me. Get on the gun." Vokun donned his helm and he and Janie dashed outside - but not before Janie engaged the house security systems - to the 'hog, where Janie brought it to life as Vokun hopped on the gun in the back, and moved out.

Viktor landed in dragon form at the scene of the two dead thugs, both of them with their brains scattered about. He quickly shifted to normal form, but kept cloaked in case any cameras were in the area. He quickly searched the bodies for any useable intel, then, having found none, took a small container out of his pocket. He hit a button, and poured a small bit of blue liquid on both bodies. Both bodies disintegrated into nothing in seconds, leaving only the splattered blood on the ground as evidence that they'd been killed there.

Thank god for the Yaut'ja's corrosive blue solution - Viktor had brought a supply with him, just in case a body would need to be removed. Viktor quickly stashed the container in his pocket, and headed out, keeping cloaked. He moved off the street, then into another neighborhood, where he scaled a house and got onto a rooftop, and began moving across the rooftops. He kept his radio off, because he didn't want Janie's screaming over the channel to alert anyone nearby.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Technically, Jack, at the distance Calliopie was at, she wouldn't have heard the gunshots. Not unless she had ultra-sensitive hearing, which wouldn't make much sense since she was playing a violin next to her ear; even if she did have such hearing, the violin would have masked the shots with it's close proximity to her ears.)

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(I wasn't disputing that she saw the dragon. In any case, let's continue with the RP.)

Viktor kept mobile across the rooftops, keeping cloaked to avoid being spotted.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
By the time Vokun and Janie had gotten back from looking for Viktor, Viktor was already home, having snuck through the door while the vixen sniper was laughing her @$$ off.

"I swear, we can't take a single vacation without Viktor going into Vigilante mode!" Janie grumbled.

"It was your idea to bring him along," Vokun said.

"Given the circumstances, maybe not one of my better ideas," Janie admitted. When they opened the door, they saw Viktor, sitting on the couch watching TV. "Viktor, where the devil have you been?!" Janie demanded. "And don't tell me you were 'hunting'!"

"Okay, I won't tell you that," Viktor chuckled.

"Dammit, Viktor! This isn't Nar Shaddaa, where you can snipe criminals in the street!" Janie exclaimed. "There are laws here!"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Roleplay · Next Topic »