Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Happy 30th Birthday Mario!
Topic Started: Sep 12 2015, 10:38 AM (129 Views)
Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
September 13, 1985 was the date they released the Nintendo Entertainment System's iconic game, "Super Mario Brothers".

*in a robotic voice*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZ2NShfCE8

In 1983, the video game market was over-saturated with inferior games, all a product of human imperfection. The video game crash left many game companies bankrupt. A prophecy was told, that a hero would rise from the ashes....

*normal voice*

And that hero was MARIO, and his brother Luigi to a lesser extent. Nintendo made video games more popular than ever before, and made them an awesome concept again, for the most part...

I still imagine Mario's voice in my mind as Captain Lou Albano's gruff, husky voice with a Brooklyn accent. Not the stupid high pitched voice combined with a poor quality Italian accent setting the Italian stereotype back about a century done by Charles Martinet.

Today, I dedicate this thread to Mario, though technically his birthday is tomorrow as I type this thread topic, but still...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Talk · Next Topic »