Aug 5 2011, 09:08:30 PM
- Federation Admin
- Aug 5 2011
Star Wars: Legacy – Rules of the Board
- Respect: First and foremost, all members are entitled to respect on this site, and disrespect toward a fellow member (staffer or not) will not be tolerated. You are a cherished member of the community that is not to be condescended to, ordered around, or belittled by anyone. If you do have any issues with someone disrespecting you, please notify a staff member to handle the situation.
- Site Rating: This site is rated R, which indicates that language, violence, and some sexual situations may be present on the site. However, please refrain from the use of anything considered pornographic.
- Member Account: Only one member account is allowed per member. All characters created will be contained under the one account. Please refrain from using any names that are inappropriate or offensive as your user name.
- Assistance: Do not be afraid to ask for any help. The staff is here to provide any assistance and to answer any questions about the site and its content.
- Writing: There is no hierarchy system in place that tells you what to write or when to writer. You are an equal co-author of a story. If it was not for you contributing to this story, nobody would be able to do anything and they may as well be writing their own novel.
- Staff Members have Final Say: Just as it states, the staff have the final say in matters. However, the staff will do its best to remain unbiased and as fair as possible. If necessary, the staff will even construct polls in order to better gauge the thoughts of the members on the site.
- Banning: The banning of members from this site is often the result of a community vote that has been called after said member had broken a number of rules and has generally made a number of members uncomfortable. The length of time of the banishment can vary depending on the offense.
Note: The Staff reserves the right to edit and update rules to the site as needed.
- No Canon Characters: Only original characters are allowed on this site. This means that canon characters will not be allowed, and neither will any characters were familial relationships to canon characters.
- Number of Characters: There is no set maximum number of characters you are allowed to have, which means you can make and RP with as many characters as you would like. However, try to avoid dominating a single faction and please make sure that you are able to RP with the number of characters you have. In other words, make the amount of characters you know you can handle.
- Balance: Please keep the community of the board in mind when creating your character(s). Diversity is a good thing to have on a forum, and characters should be balanced and well-rounded. If every member created the same kind of character, things could get boring rather fast.
- God-Moding: God-Moding occurs when a member decides that his or her character is the strongest character in everything and nearly invincible and therefore nothing can stop the character. No character is invincible. As the character template shows, reasonable strengths and weaknesses are required.
- Power-Play: Power-playing is the taking control of another member’s character(s) without their permission. This is prohibited on this board, so please refrain from doing so.
- Private|Closed Topics: From time to time, members will create private or closed topics, either for their own personal character development or for a role-play between themselves and another member(s). Please ask permission to join such topics.
- Open Topics: Open topics are topics that are open to any member on the board. Please be sure to read the topic prior to joining it to make sure that your character does fit the topic.
- Fade to Black|Sexual Situations: Relationships do happen between characters, especially ones that can become intimate. However, although this site is rated R, it is strongly urged that members use the the fade to black technique and refrain posting pornographic material.
- Character Death: Character death is only allowed with the permission of that character’s creator. This, of course can be waived in the presence of overwhelming odds of death.