Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Harkovast Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
So what do you want to know?; Ask and ye shall learn...
Topic Started: Aug 17 2011, 06:18 PM (19,016 Views)
Harkovast
Member Avatar
The cause of all this silliness (sorry about that!)
[ *  *  * ]
The website is still in the process of being revamped and made funkilicious and free of assholitude.
Because of this, a lot of reviews and background information has yet to migrate over.

So, because I like talking about harkovast and harko nonsense, I just wanted to throw the floor open and say does anyone have any questions?

Anything based on what you've in the comic, on the map, me dropping hints or anything else.

Ask and I promise to answer...probably....mostly....well you will get AN answer anyway. Even if its to the effect of "I cant really tell you that just yet!"

"The details escape me right now." -Sir Muir on life.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tiberia
Member Avatar
White Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
Will the bunny thing (I've forgotten it's actual name again! what is wrong with me?) Ever get it's own mini-series?

also, do the Darsai have to learn how to make their swords, or is it instinctual?
current Avatr is from the Cyborg series of commisions by Strype. check him out
Favorite pony- RAINBOW DASH
"F*** Nihilism"
960 harko-points

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Bunny thing is gone, but other Hanup's will appear during the comic's run.

Some Darsai can naturally make energy weapons but most can't and almost all require some training to be able to do it effectively.

Member Avatar
[ * ]
what is your favorite color?
RAGA GASDOGADVNASF
asfvnaskvn
sssf

...READ HARKOVAST.

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
That's not a Harkovast related question (but I will let it slide.)
But I quite like purple. There is something snazzy about it.
However, it really depends on colour of what?
Best colour for a cat? A house? A bowl of mushy peas?
It's a very subjective question when you think about it.

Niccea
Member Avatar
The Empress
[ *  *  * ]
It is related to Harkovast if you refer to yourself in the third person.

We going to see any new races any time soon?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Hmm, good question.
Not for a little bit I don't think.
But after that we will get to see a lot more of the Nymus, plus some others that I don't want to name (since it would give elements of the plot away!)

Canuovea
Member Avatar
Pictured: Hungover Weasel
[ *  *  * ]
Okay, you've got me, who the heck are the Panvos? You said they have bigger tusks than the Ivos, so they may be Elephant people... Also, aside from the similarities of the name, are there any other similarities to the culture? And why the "vos" ending for both of them? Was it intentionally because of "tusks" or other similarities?
Resident philosophy and history nut. And amateur swordsman.

"Purple swords? Darsai are weird." -Elyssa

I have: 3861 Harko-points +1000

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Another good question.
Animal wise, the Panvos look like Warthogs, as opposed to the wild boars that the Ivos resemble.

They both end in "vos" cause they are pretty similar, much like hte Al-saigal, Darsai, Cansaibe and Galdrasai all having sai in their names.

I didn't do a name connection between Ano-chee and Junlocks...maybe I should have with hind site. For some reason I never associated foxes and wolves in my mind.

I will write a more in depth description of the Ivos and the Panvos for you in the near future, to build on the hints given already given.
Culturally they are quite similar to the Ivos, but have some unique aspects to their culture (in their clothes and religion etc).

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
More Romans?

Oh goody!

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Have I written an article about the Ivos empire yet?
I know I keep mentioning them, so it seems weird that they wouldn't get a proper article.
I mean these guys have Dominus!
As the story progresses they (and they're empire) will be a really big deal.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, you've done an article on them.

But... will they be a big deal as good guys or bad guys?

I know Dominus has personally killed more nameless than anyone else. I know he basically crushed them during the Nameless war. I know the Darsai hated him because he was beating the everloving crap out of them, but then loved him once he turned his legions on the nameless instead...

But there have also been reports of Nameless fighting alongside the Ivos recently.

Hmm.

Dominus doesn't seem like he likes the West too much... but appearances can be deceiving. Not only that, but Dominus doesn't represent the entire empire... he's only a Praetor, not emperor (as yet, anyway...)

Furthermore, the fact that the Ivos were fighting the Darsai when the Nameless popped up makes things... worrying. My bet is the conflict was engineered... and perhaps the higher ups in Ivos society were willingly helping the west. Dominus seems a relative new comer to that arena.

Also, if the Ivos legionaries are, well, anything like Roman heavy infantry... they should be able to take most enemies up close... particularly if armed with Pila as well. This should be interesting.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the Ivos, but since we probably won't be seeing too many new races any time soon...

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Okay, so we need the article on them expanding to explain the Panvos.
I cant specify too much on what the future holds in the story, obviously, but they are certainly a very important nation.
Since they have one of the biggest, best equipped and best organised armies in the world, whatever their nation does (or doesn't do) is going to be very significant.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Wait? Panvos or Ivos?

Yeah, even bringing the old article from the old forum would work...

Go Ivos! Woo!

Tiberia
Member Avatar
White Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
junlocks. Will we get to see more of them, or are they just the generic cowardly hired minions of the story?
"F*** Nihilism"
960 harko-points

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Tiberius, remember that Junlock woman in all the armour that was lifted from Nameless she had killed? She was a voting incentive I think...

Anyway, one of the heroes of the Nameless War... hardly seems like a cowardly minion.

Besides, we've only see Junlock mercenaries, and as a rule, mercenaries are cowardly and useless. If they are bad at their job, they screw you over (and they mostly are, they fight for money, which doesn't exactly induce courage or morality). If they are good at their job they can actually be a threat to you.

Stupid Mercenaries. Doesn't mean all Junlocks are like that though.

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, what canuovea said!
(Definitely showing why he gets the ultimate harko-fan title there!)

Does this look like a generic cowardly minion to you?

Posted Image

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Oh and Hark, do the Ano-Chee and the Junlocks get along very well?

If not... well, you could say that their names are different because they don't like being associated with each other despite both being canines...

Tiberia
Member Avatar
White Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
[posted in wrong topic]
"F*** Nihilism"
960 harko-points

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Actually, yeah, what do the Junlocks and Ano-Chee think of each other?

I mean, on some levels they are quite similar...

Fairly primitive tech...
Have been under attack by the Ivos constantly (except the Ano-Chee have been more successful in not being butchered like cattle)...
Are dog-like in appearance...
Appear to wear very little in combat...

Others... well... not so much. Either way, I'm curious as to the state of their... relationship.

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The two nations don't have a great amount of interaction, being fairly far removed from each other on the map.
Though superficially similar, from their point of view their religions cultures (and even appearance) are wildly different.
They don't have any active hostility, but they find each other very strange and foreign (as much as they would any other nation.)

Interestingly, Ivos absolutely cant tell the difference, leading to exclamations like "Look! A red Junlock!"

Tyrus, a cavalry officer in Dominus' army suffered a head wound during battle that left him entirely colour blind...so he really has no chance of being able to tell the difference. (Not that Ivos are the most sensitive to other cultures at the the best of times!)

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I figured that would be more or less the case...

They might not dislike each other, but they are actually quite different. As such, you can use that as your excuse for not having their names be similar...

Funny Ivos... that sounds like it would fit them quite well!

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, it would be nice if you could do up profiles on the races in this forum as well (maybe incorporating some of the things fleshed out through discussion on the old forum).

I always come up with questions when I'm at work, usually when I don't have something to write on or when I'm in the middle of something.
5020 Harkopoints

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Nice to know I am not the only one that sits at work thinking about Harkovast!

I intend to transport over a lot of info to the new forum, as well as setting up new sections of the site to present everything in a more organised way.

I have a question now....
Renard, how did you change your forum job title under your avatar?

Tiberia
Member Avatar
White Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
same way I did.
"F*** Nihilism"
960 harko-points

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Curses! They are all at it now!

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
There are ways. I just haven't bothered to do it yet...

Hmm...

[Edit] There we go...

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
GOD DAMN IT!

Tiberia
Member Avatar
White Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
let's tell everyone but hark how to do it.
"F*** Nihilism"
960 harko-points

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Well okay, no one is answering my question, but do you guys have any more questions of your own?

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Click on your name, go to edit my profile, Aaaaan: "Custom member title" type in new title... bammo!

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Bingo!

Tiberia
Member Avatar
White Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
we should have waited til he told us what was up with Sir Muir's normal sword, til we told him about the custom titles.
"F*** Nihilism"
960 harko-points

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
How do less technologically advanced societies view high technology , such as Shogun's hand? Are there any cultures or religious sects within cultures that are really opposed to technology. If so, are there any that are violently opposed, to the point of wanting to destroy it or at least outlaw certain things in their nation?
5020 Harkopoints

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Shogun's hand is the work of the enigmatic Lel, who are more secretive and strange than even the wizards of Eldex.
Their motivations and even their location are an utter enigma to outsiders.
They have, for reasons known to few outside themselves, chosen to separate themselves from other races of Harkovast.
They do not explain themselves or their purposes.
Even Shogun does not know why they agreed to help replace his forearm.
They are largely the stuff of legend to other races, and those who do encounter them have no idea what drives them.

They build wonderous and amazing devices, powered by Technomancy of unrivaled power, some of which find their way into the hands of other races, though these are really only the most minor creations the Lel are capable of.
The Lel are often feared for their sorcery by those who do encounter them, or resented for their perceived arrogance and detachment from the problems of the world. They refuse to help or hinder any nation, leaving their purposes unknown.

When I refer to other nations are being advanced or primitive, what counts as "advanced" is more like "advanced by the standards of a medieval world".
Primitive would be pre colonial america native technology, advanced would be medieval or ancient roman technology.
The Al-Saigal and Tendu of Jaydia is generally more sophisticated, and the Eslum more sophisticated still (the Eslum enlightenment is really taking off), but we are till talking about technology that is late medieval in nature.

Certainly, none of the races on the map are on the verge of an industrial revolution.

There is no real resentment for technology or ludite movement. Its just that even the most advanced cultures are not tremendously advanced.
The Ano-Chee are not anti-tech. They just have all they need to live how they want to and haven't made discoveries of anything more sophisticated.
A lot of peoples do have a certain arrogance about their way of doing things, but its not in any sense anti technology, more anti change and anti foriegn influences.
"Yeah, big fancy aquaducts might be all well and good for the Ivos, but we've already got rivers, and they don't take armies of slaves to build!"

In a low tech world like Harkovast, ideas are developed slowly and spread slowly as well. This is made more so by the fact some principles and discoveries are based on magic, and so cannot be exported to other nations (Golta guns being the most obvious example.)

Tiberius- The purpose of Muir's sword will be revealed in the not too distant future. I dont mean in the current scene of anything. But it is not a million miles away. Hang in there, you will find out.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
My understanding of the timeline leads me to suspect that the Lel at least used to live on the Western Continent... But probably took off after the KITW started beating the crap out of everything... Is this so?

In fact, I would suspect the KITW is a renegade Lel, but I doubt it... because... well, I'm not spoiling it... But I am pretty sure that is unlikely. I'm not sure that Hark would want me to reveal my... reasoning.

If we have been given a hint as to the identity of the KITW, I suspect we would find it more in the sections discussing ancient mythology and religion of different races than anywhere else... and it is possible that there have been no tips given... aside, of course, from the...

Tiberia
Member Avatar
White Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
KITW is secretly Sir Muir. He hit his head, and forgot everything.

You say that no race is tremendously more advanced the the others, but the Lel have prosthetics that surpass our 21st century tech. even if that is powered by technomancy, without requiring a technomancer there, that still puts them centuries, even millenia ahead of others.
"F*** Nihilism"
960 harko-points

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Sorry Tiberius, I meant "No race but the Lel are massively more advanced." My Bad.

Having said that, Ancient Greek level technology (for example) is a lot better than ancient native American tech (for another example) even if its not a completely over whelming advantage.

Canouvea I am impressed at your observation skills, so I will throw you a Harko-bone.

Yes, the Lel were originally from the Western Continent.

BAM! You just learned something.

If you have another theory about the KITW, please share it with the class. I love crazy theories.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Very well Hark.

I'll toss out a few bones of observation and thought.

The KITW is not a Lel because he has a Lel working for him as one of the Evils. It would seem likely that the KITW would have to impress this Lel (The Skyman) in order to convince it to join. More Tech magic wouldn't be so impressive. Besides, if The Skyman (I think that was it) already does a bunch of stuff with technology... again, redundant.

Though it seems likely that the KITW and the Lel had it out, and the Lel lost and ran for their lives. Which should scare the crap outta the rest of you guys.

I believe that the KITW isn't your average mortal. He seems to have lived too long and He is referenced, even by Hark, as a He. Capital "H" the whole time. As the "God" of Christianity and company is referred to by believers (and non-believers who want to be respectful). Hence why any clues about His existence may be found in the religion and creation myths of the other races, if there are any clues at all.

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Hmm interesting thoughts.
It is true that He is referred to with capitalisation even when His full title is not used.

I would like to throw the floor open to other wild guesses and mad cap theories.

StyxD
Member Avatar
Undead Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
I meant to ask that long ago, but then Drunk Duck went bonkers. I finally felt like registering here.

Nameless have Darkness and Death magic. But they don't seem to be one species. Also, magic is tied to culture, but they have none. Did they really got naturally saddled with those magics and thus condemned to zombie-like existence, or was this bestowed on them by KITW?

Also, why is Darkness and Death evil? No Darkness race is evil. No Death race is evil. So why should the combination be?

Also, the Komus. I noticed them on the race chart and they have Death (or was it Darkness?) where Nymus have air. So as Nymus are dedicated to Nylanna, they must be worshipping mainly that Death god whose name begins with Ko (I really can't be arsed to go to the Duck forums again, the site doesn't even render properly for me). But since Nymus already have priests of different gods that look like some other kind of bird, what will the Komus look like? Crows? Will Komus Nylanna priests look like Nymus?
2500/9001 Harko-points

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
StyxD, Great to see you at the new site! Hope you are enjoying it so far.

Good qeustions.
To quote Quinn-Tain "You think the Nameless are evil?"

Can't go too much into detail, but answers will appear in time (though it may be a long time.)

Everything you just said about Komus religion and them being another bird like species is spot on. Congratulations on your observation skills. You are sharp as a tack.
Just for that, here is a reward-
Komus resemble brightly coloured tropical birds and have a culture similar to the Aztecs.
They also have priests that appear as various different birds, just as the Nymus do, as the have a similar connection to the Gods of Shaldemos.

It's so nice to know people are paying attention.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I think the Nameless are either mind controlled or basically zombies. Hence, dark and death magic. Zombies would mean that the armies of the West are more limited... but they could be being grown in vats to make up for that.

StyxD
Member Avatar
Undead Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
But why Death and Darkness? That seems so trite. If they had for example Life and Mind, that would give the Eldex something to think about.

Quote:

Komus resemble brightly coloured tropical birds and have a culture similar to the Aztecs.
See, that's what I'm talking about. Brightly coloured birds devoted to the Death god. Quite unobvious. Although I'd like crows too. They need more love.
2500/9001 Harko-points

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Tahmus are crows.
(I am too good to you!)

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I still want wolverines and/or badgers...

Then again. Wolverines would be just too awesome for anyone else to handle...

Now...

The Knarl. They seem to have the Tolpish working for them (well, they own their homelands)... is their nation multi-cultural?

Also, I remember you mentioning the Knarl have no magic... and also something about mammary glands (though I'm not sure).

Now, see, I'm interested in hearing more about them. So, am I correct about the magic?

StyxD
Member Avatar
Undead Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
There are even more mus-es? Wowzers. Are there jackdaws or gulls, by chance?
Gonna have to check who Tah- stands for.
2500/9001 Harko-points

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
There are no wolverines but the Golta are badgers.

The Knarl have no magic, their females don't have boobs (they look basically like the males) and they cant breed with other races.

Beyond that, I am playing it close to my chest.

(Nepmus are Guls)

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, Golta are badgers... but not real badgers!

Golta shoot things. Badgers rip things to tiny pieces.

(Okay, so I'm covering up my blatant thinking failure!)

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Golta are bad ass stripey mother fuckers!

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Will we ever get a character singing "I am the very model of a modern major general?"

I envisioned Quinn-Tain, personally, but I don't think he's really the character for it.

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Seems like more of a Sir Muir song to me.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Well... I'd be worried about Muir remembering the words. Goodness knows, I only know about two thirds of it...

Tiberia
Member Avatar
White Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
when will we get to learn more of sir muir's past?
"F*** Nihilism"
960 harko-points

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
It is revealed gradually.
More info and hints are coming relatively soon.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
When you say "relatively soon" do you mean, uh, under a year?

Under a month?

Under six months?

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Its hard for me to give a date, because I am never totally sure how long it will take to get the story out.
Some things take numerous pages to tell, others I can get across pretty rapidly.
However, when I say relatively soon that generally means 6 months or less.
I cant be more precise than that even I wanted too (and I don't really!)

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I'm just curious, I'm not slavering at the mouth or camping outside of Harkoland for six months... well, I do check the site when I can... so... okay, it is like I'm camping outside of Harkoland.

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
If suspense keepings you reading then I'm doing my job right.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Is Harkovast a round world or a flat world?

Because if it is round then isn't the KITW ignoring a potential threat... to the West? The White Kingdom?

Finally:

"Demon Sha-Na-Teth, known as The Lie Made Flesh..." Hmm... Will we be seeing this fellow again? Or was he/she/it killed? Sounds like a candidate for the KITW, but doesn't send off that vibe to me... still...

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Hark, a few things.

Most, Nymus can't fly, but they can jump up in the air really high?

And is Sir Muir right or left handed? Most of the time he is using his shield on his left and his sword in his right, but in the "Element of Surprise" page he is lunging with the sword in his left and shield on his right...

I'd assume ambidextrous, but I want to know, because that would mean he shifted the shield about in the middle of combat.

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Hmmm the shield switch has a simple explnation....me fucking up.
So yes, Sir Muir is ambidextrous...sure that makes sense.
He threw the shield at a nameless mid fight and then picked it up again wiht the other arm.

In fact....lets assume everyone in Harkovast is ambidextrous from now on.
Any time anything like that happens?
Ambidextrous

Yes, Nymus can leap a long way using up thruyst from their magical wings and then swoop with them to go great distances. This is not true flight but can give them a big advantage.

Harkovast is round. People in the White Kingdom are wary of "dark warriors" from the east.

Sha-Na-Teth is a demon of Nymus mythology. Does it really exist? Will it feature in the comic? We shall see...

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Mrs Vast says-
"You're good, Canouvea. But you missed that on the last page when we first posted it Reng-Lo was missing her trousers and in the second to last panel she was missing one sleeve of her shirt."

And yes...that really is true.
(But is't fixed now!)

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Canouvea, seriously, you need to pay more attention!
I thought you were a fan of the comic?

Sir Muir has always been right handed and always will be right ended and anyone saying otherwise is a damn dirty liar.
I have never said he was not right handed and those creating these false and harmful rumours are to be considered enemies of the state!

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
Enemies of the state will be pushed through a fine mess screen if they are unable to prove their innocence while suffering from sleep deprivation and extreme stress.

You're starting to sound like me Hark.
5020 Harkopoints

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Renard I want to assure you that I was thinking "what would Renard say" when I was typing that.
I can promise you, if there is to be any pushing of subversives through chain linked fences, you will be the guy we go to.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Nicely fixed Hark!

Does this means I now win the "guess what has been fixed prize?"

Cause I guess the most recent change was the fixing up of that page I pointed out which has been miraculously made contiguous with everything else.

If I had said that before I would be wrong, because Reng-Lo had been changed (see, I don't catch these things...)... but now that I engineered a change...

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
There was no change, Hark already made that clear.

If you keep up that sort of attitude around here you might find yourself in a career, counting trees.
5020 Harkopoints

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Canouvea- Yes you win 500 harko points.
I hope you've all been keeping track of your scores.

Seriously though, did I say I would do a prize?
Cause I cant actually afford to send mugs to anyone at the minute.
I'll draw you a picture if you like.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I don't think there was a prize.

Well, there might have been, but it would have been in the form of Harko Points.

I don't really know. But I'm not expecting a prize because I kinda cheated. I found something that needed fixing and waited for you to say you fixed it. As I said, cheating, if clever cheating. I wouldn't want to cause any actual inconvenience.

Renard, I have family member's who count trees, kinda for a job...

Anyway, yeah, don't get me anything!

Edit: No, there is no prize, you simply said "There isn't a prize or anything, but you do get bragging rights." (Quote not exact). You were lying, of course, as bragging rights are a kinda of prize... but that is all!

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
Counting trees is an old euphemism for exile in Siberia. Under the Czar that's all you had to do to pass the time, but Stalin changed that.
5020 Harkopoints

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Well! The more you know...

Also, it is actually a job too sometimes...

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
It's good when people spot things. I cant fix stuff I don't notice.

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
You'll have to rely on Canuovea for that; you could put Sir Muir's legs on backwards and I probably wouldn't notice.
5020 Harkopoints

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Also, on the page "Ignition" it looks like our big friend has two sets of eyes...

One as part of his mask, and one for real...

Now, I don't know about you, but if the ones as part of his mask (which we can assume aren't connected to his brain) are really that big, then how the hell does he see? I mean, just looking at the beady little eye attached to his real head under the mask...

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I am not totally sure what you were seeing, but I think its because the eye holes on the mask have eye lids that come half the way down.
But under that is a gap through which his real eyes are seen.
I think I would need to draw a diagram to properly explain it.

Take a look at some of the pages where Reng-Lo is holding her mask so the eye holes are empty and you should get the idea.

To me, big guys mask looks fine though (but I've been wrong before.)

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The mask looks like it has a full eye on it, then the bottom is shattered and you see his face and actual eye. It is in the last panel of "Ignition".

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The mask has a mouth drawn on it.
I think what you are looking at is the edge of the mouth.
Or possibly one of the nostils.
THe only thing you can see through the busted mask is his mouth and nostril.

I am going to have to get the image and highlight it....

Posted Image

Does that help?

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
HA! There is a section of the mask that kinda looks like an eye on the Green skin.

If you picture the mask coming loose and bumping up, and look at the mouth drawn on the upper part of the mask as an eye...

Odd, this is what I saw.

Niccea
Member Avatar
The Empress
[ *  *  * ]
Canuovea
Oct 22 2011, 03:20 AM
HA! There is a section of the mask that kinda looks like an eye on the Green skin.

If you picture the mask coming loose and bumping up, and look at the mouth drawn on the upper part of the mask as an eye...

Odd, this is what I saw.

That is what I thought.
Posted ImagePosted Image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Harkovast- The Comic · Next Topic »
Add Reply