Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Harkovast Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New World's Worst People; Because people asked for it....
Topic Started: Mar 7 2012, 11:48 PM (934 Views)
Harkovast
Member Avatar
The cause of all this silliness (sorry about that!)
[ *  *  * ]
I like to insult and offend a wide range of people (except the welsh), but when you are looking for hilariously unpleasant ass holes doing humiliatingly dreadful things... no body can out do the American right wing whackos.
Why is it? Perhaps because they dont actively kill people like the islamic militant assholes (people being murdered isn't funny). They instead just say stupid shit, so my wordy responses are more appropriate.
Perhaps it is because they set themselves up as the guardians of morality and decency and invariably prove themselves to have neither. Hypocrisy is like turbo charge juice in the gas tank when you want to write angry articles like this.
Maybe it is because they live in a civilised, educated, first world nation and so really have no excuse not to know better.

But whatever the cause of their entertainment value, they really are total pricks.
Case in point-

RUSH LIMBAUGH!

Rush is the original right wing ass hole on the radio.
None of the others, O'Reilly, Glenn Beck or any of the rest of those wankers would be where they are today without Rush setting the ball rolling.
His listeners mindlessly and unquestioningly agree with everything he says, and are known as "ditto heads" because of their unflincing uniformity in accepting whatever he says.
(In case you haven't heard me mention it before, I am not insulting them there. The name ditto heads is what they call THEMSELVES to describe how much they agree with Rush.)
Rush periodically lets slip racist, homophobic or sexist remarks of varying ugliness.
He has that paper thin veil over his more unpleasant views that you often find with right wing talking heads, which periodically breaks to let slip the true flood of filth that constitutes this man's opinions.
He was briefly a host doing match analysis about American Football on a sports show...until he said that a black quarter back was only on his team because of reverse racism.
In the past he has also shown his utter hypocrisy when he was found out to be filling out false prescriptions for pain killers to feed his drugs habit.
So a real post boy for right wingers out there.
As Family Guy observed, the two symbols of the republican party are an elephant and a fat white guy who is threatened by change.

Rush Limbaugh is not an elephant.

Whenever rush insults someones kids, or insults a race, or a gender or anything else, the shitto heads (you see, NOW I'm insulting them) always rally around their master. They pile on every excuse and qualifier to justify the truly repulsive behaviour and attitudes of their leader, viewing anyone who dares question him as an evil tool of the on going vague liberal conspiracy they believe has been secretly controlling American for as long as anyone can remember. (Seemingly it still controlled things when Bush was in power and controlled all three branches of government...but I digress.)

His influence is so great that when he said he wanted Obama's presidency to fail and republican's rightly said they disagreed with the comments and thought it was incendiary and ugly....they then apologised to him and made clear they had never meant to "diminish his voice or his leadership."
Yes, we had republican politicians (including the republican national committee chairman Michael Steele) grovelling for forgiveness from a fat, racist radio personality.
Never has the tail been so clearly wagging the dog.

But what, I pretend to hear you cry, has Rush done lately to bring him to Hark's attention?
Well if you live in America you will probably already have heard this story, but for the rest of you, here is what happened.

Sandra Fluke is a student at Catholic College Georgetown University. She appeared at the hearing about a new health care bill arguing that the bill should cover contraception for women.

Rush did not agree with this concept.
He expressed this disagreement by calling her a "slut" and a "prostitute".
Here is the quote-
"What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke [sic] who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex -- what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex."

I just wanted you to see that I am not taking him out of context or saying he implied she was a slut...he just flat out said it.
He went on to say parents must be embarrassed or ashamed of her.

There was outrage that Rush would use such misogynistic language to demean a young woman with crude and offensive language.

But Rush simply responded in the way he had before- with arrogant confidence.
After all, this is a man who could have politicians practically crawl to him on their knees to ask forgiveness, so why should he worry?
The next day he went on to say that Fluke should post videos of herself online for him and his listeners to watch so they could be sure they were getting their moneys worth.
Rush knew what would happen, he had been here before.
The liberal left would cry and bemoan him, his ditto heads would close ranks to defend him and more moderate republicans would keep their heads down to avoid his scorn.

But this time...something went wrong.
It seemed calling a politically active female student "a slut" was a step too far for El Rushbo and he started to suffer with the people he loved most.
No, not his moron fans.
No, not the republican party or some right wing figure he looked up to.
And if you guess something stupid like "the founding fathers" then go to the back of the class.
Rush started to get heat from his sponsors.

Rush is right wing in the sense that he likes to make large amounts of money and anything that impedes that mission is clearly unchristian and unamerican.
So finding the sponsors for his show dropping out started to shake him.

And so Rush issued an apology.
I pained, straining, half apology, that was mainly focused on explaining how right and valid his point was before giving a couple of lines at the end that his choice of words were "not the best".

Fluke didn't accept this feeble apology (which was on the level of "I am sorry you got upset about it.") and the advertisers continued to flee. After all, who wants their product associated with this kind of sexist, bullying, ignorance?
At the time of printing this forty (yes FORTY) sponsors have jumped ship.

Rush has now fallen back to his regular mode, relying on race baiting and illogical arguments that other people do worse things and so that makes it okay, pointing to black gangster rappers who get away with saying degrading things about women all the time. Remember, if someone else is a pig, that makes you being a pig okay! That is how it works!
He also implied it was all a left wing conspiracy and plot to undermine him.
Yes, Rush. The left is forcing you be an ignorant, sexist twat.

I suspect Rush will whether the storm and stay on the air (his is probably a bit more resilient than Glenn Beck was under similar circumstances.) But I think its been refreshing to seen the odious pile of human filth that is Rush feel some repercussions for his vile views.

During his "apology", Rush said that he didn't mean to personally attack Mrs Fluke.

So, in that spirit, here is a link to a song I found online about Rush Limbaugh.
Remember as you listen to it, its not meant as a personal attack....

Feel free to sing along.
"The details escape me right now." -Sir Muir on life.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renard
Member Avatar
Mink
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah... I hate a lot of things, but that man is near the top of my list.

I hope he accidentally gets shot in the knee by some fascist headcase, the only casualty of a failed one-man campaign against the Liberal New World Order (as reveled by the wise Rush Limbaugh).

That's really the only way I can think of the man coming to harm without becoming some sort of martyr for his own "cause".

That or getting busted with a bunch of crack .

Either way, I don't think that there was any way he could have properly defended his statements after the shitstorm he kicked up. I just find it funny that he didn't budge on his stance even when Republicans called him a rat (and in fact took things even farther), but began a sort of half-hearted backpedaling when he saw that his sponsors didn't like being associated with that sort of vile stuff.

The American Constitution protects the right to freedom of speech, but it always strikes me (sad? infuriating? confusing? I'm really not sure how exactly I feel about it) when people take that and run with it, pushing to see just how much they can get away with insulting and threatening others before the courts are allowed to reign them in.

I enjoy having freedom of speech, but that freedom shouldn't allow people to impose upon others. No Americans would be in favor of putting limits or guidelines on their freedoms, but who can really blame them for that? It can prove to be difficult trying to balance protecting the right to freedom of speech and protecting people from being unduly insulted and harassed.

All the same, I'm not sure if some of the truly vitriolic things these pundits say would be entirely legal to air here, some of it might actually fall under the laws regarding hate crimes in my country.
4550 Harkopoints

Canuovea
Member Avatar
Current Ultimate Harko Fan and Centurion Canadia
[ *  *  * ]
Yet more clues as to where you live, Renard.

Also... well...

Some people have been saying that Fluke may have a case for Libel and Slander or something.
Resident philosophy and history nut. And amateur swordsman.

"Purple swords? Darsai are weird." -Elyssa

I have: 3731 Harko-points +1000

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
We can only hope, canuovea, we can only hope.

Frostwolf18
Member Avatar
The Watcher
[ *  *  * ]
freedom of speech does not mean that you can't get backlash for what the hell you say.

it is things like these that make me annoyed to be in america, oh i love america, but if i ever go to the other side of the world, i am gonna be met with either shit smiles, get laughed at, or get yelled at, probably get called a fat lazy slob (i am lazy and chubby, but i am not like the worst people)

looking at America, you see things that alot of the world has not accepted or is slowly starting to accept, but we have just, fucking stupid people in all the wrong places, i don't mean as the voters (though there are plenty of those, i still believe some people vote for a guy for a reason like "He's a follower of mah religion" or "He agrees with my view, i'll vote for him even though he hasn't said how he will fix it") but in the seats of power themselves.

a wise man once said "A politician is a person who can talk for hours, and not say anything" when i was little i didn't understand this, now that i see the debates going on now, i have to say "Are we stupid?" no seriously "Are we?" they barely ever answer the damn questions, bring out their personal views more so than what is best for the country (not sure if that is a point) oh and they slander their opponents.

when i was a kid i was told not to mock others, i should have replied "But the important people do it all the time to get your attention long enough so you think you may like this person to vote for so that he/she (female is possible, but i am starting to doubt it) may become the next person to make the big ass mistakes that you will be bitching about in the future. you're not solving your problems, you're just changing the name you start cursing." sadly i wasn't clever as a kid.

i only hope to god, that he never even tries to run for president, and if he somehow does, have someone kill him before he does anything, he will fuck us up.

actually, you know what, i am going to try and write a speech for my graduation, and possibly have someone else read it if need be, to ask the class in how we will work with this world when we become of age to be allowed those seats of power. with all the knowledge we have seen in our lives, how will we try and change the world, or will we try and become worse
lets see
amateur writer, anime fan, rock lover, freedom seeker, not an otaku, history lover (i love it but it hates me), and.... crap

435 points
more shall come
mwhahahahahaha

IT'S A MADWORLD! REVEL IN IT!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tiberius
Member Avatar
White Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
what is it with people and rebooting serieses?
the last Spiderman movie wasn't that long ago, and already they're rebooting it.

The Last "worst people thread" isn't even a year old, and you've rebooted it. And before that the first one wasn't even a year old before it got rebooted.
There is less and less creativity around. What ever happened to originality? All we get now is reboots, remakes, and rehashes.
You are the worst.

(F.Y.I. I don't actually think you're the worst, I just really wanted to poke fun at you for doing a reboot so soon, when the other one is still on the forum.)
current Avatr is from the Cyborg series of commisions by Strype. check him out
Favorite pony- RAINBOW DASH
"F*** Nihilism"
960 harko-points
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renard
Member Avatar
Mink
[ *  *  * ]
I forgot we still had that floating around.

This one is better because it's new and shiny. Change for the sake of change!
4550 Harkopoints

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Hahah, Tiberius, you got me!
Have 100 Harko points.

I just couldn't be bothered to go find the old one so I just went for fresh start.

More Rush News-
He has issued another apology, this time more sincere sounding...but byt this point who gives a fuck?
Initially he didn't apologise, he actually said even more.
Then when he realised he was in real trouble and gave a pained, grudging non-apology.
Only when this fell flat did he offer another, more heart felt apology.
Anyone who believes this shows real remorse can buy a bridge from me in Brooklyn.
He did absolutely everything BUT apologise for as long as he could.
Had advertisers not pulled out there is no chance he would have taken back what he said.
And even while apologising he (and his minions) continue to throw about claims of left wing conspiracies and double standards to try to deflect flak from his horrendous, sexist values.

News flash, ditto heads-
If you had to be forced to make an apology...you are not really sorry.

Renard
Member Avatar
Mink
[ *  *  * ]
How is it a Liberal Conspiracy that people are genuinely insulted that someone would call a woman a slut and prostitute, and demand that she post videos of herself having sex, simply for arguing in favor a proposed piece of legislation?

It's one thing to say that you disagree with them and to state your reasons for that (even if it comes down to a moral or religious objection), but it's something else entirely to make personal attacks (and there is no way to argue that what he said was anything but a personal attack). When you start making personal attacks it means that you either can't come up with a proper argument against them, or that you aren't creative enough to come up with an argument that doesn't revolve around defamatory and outrageously offensive statements.
4550 Harkopoints

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I might sound a bit like Tiberius here...

But there can be a bias. Rush isn't the only one to have used words like that before, or to have personally attacked individuals.

You know, "Worst Person in the World" thing? Isn't that on a "liberal" channel with a "liberal" host? And calling someone the worst person in the world this week, or whatever it is, is a pretty personal attack.

And these people haven't been called out as much.

Though that might be because Rush crossed the line a whole lot farther than others. Still, he isn't the only one who has crossed that line. I mean, some nasty things were said about Sarah Palin, and even Hillary Clinton, by the "left".

This doesn't excuse Rush, far from it, but we need to recognize that there are people who also deserve scorn over this.

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Renard-
Rush preaches to the choir. Ditto heads by deffinition agree with what ever he says uncritically and unquestioningly. As long as his argument is presented confidently they will just accept it.
"He says shes a slut? Then she obviously is and deserved it. Oh Rush is so clever and witty!"
it doesn't matter if his points make no sense, are childishly stupid or little more than insults, the fact he is making the point is enough to persuade his acolytes to nod like the plastic dogs people put in the backs of cars.

Canouvea-
What marks rush out is that he is not just insulting a woman, because its perfectly valid to insult women sometimes, just as sometimes its valid to insult men (like Rush) but that he is going after a relatively unknown woman and branding her with sexist insults. This is a man who (for better or worse...mainly worse) a lot of people look too as their moral guide and leader, who is making it quite clear that he thinks the way to deal with a woman you don't agree with is to degrade her with sleazy insults and reference to her sex life.
When he got called on it he went further and only made any attempt to make amends when it started to affect his sponsorship, making him spineless and two faced as well as a sexist pig.

I think criticism of Palin tended to be more valid pointing out things like she didn't know what the bush doctrine was, claimed to read magazines but could not name one of them, claimed being able to see Russia from Alaska was foreign policy experience and didn't know what the vice president of the USA's job involved (the job she was running for.) See what I did there? I am perfectly capable of insulting Sarah Palin for her idiocy and laughably stupid views, without having to resort to sexist comments about her love life. If I can do it, so can Rush...or he would be able to if he was not a worthless sack of crap.

I am not aware of another public figure behaving in such a piggish way so openly and being proud of their moronic behaviour. I have nothing but contempt for anyone who has, but that has no bearing on Rush Limabughs behaviour.
That defence is akin to saying "well someone else did a murder and got away with it a few years back...so how come I have to go to prison?"

But if you can bring me example of sexist behaviour elsewhere I will be sure to lay into them as well. Give me some specifics to investigate and I will be glad to spout some hate. Sexism is one of my bug bears and I will not willingly tolerate it.

There is a segment on a show with Kieth Olberman called worst person in the world.
I was not thinking of that when I started these threads, I was actually just wanting to express what a bad person molotov mitchell was to a wipe audience. We dont actually get Olberman's show over here so I have only seen it occasionally on YouTube...and its pretty shit. He's just kinda boring, sitting at a desk looking stiff and telling me that republicans are jerks all the time.
Kieth Olberman is not the worst person...but he is a pretty shitty TV presenter.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Hark, I don't agree with everything this woman says... but:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012...ollow-suit.html

And a follow up.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012...i-misogyny.html

Yes, some of what she quotes is... not all that outraging, I mean, some of it meant that people insulted a woman... but is calling Sarah Palin something like "empty headed" really all that "sexist?" Not really. Some of the other stuff? Definitely pretty bad.

And she isn't defending Limbaugh either, I should make that clear.

Oh, and here is something that makes Limbaugh look even stupider:

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccal...im-and-hip-hop/

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Some of those are sexist, but as you say some are just insults.
The vast majority dont seem nearly as bad or as sustained as Limbaughs behaviour.
Also the reason no one is outraged about a lot of those people is that no one has heard of them.
I don't know who Ed Schultz is, and Matt Taibi may be a darling of the left but I would know him if I bumped into him.
As I mentioned before, no one gives a fuck what Kieth Olberman has to say. He WISHES he was significant enough to actually cause outrage.
As I think my lists were originally called "worlds worst human", a title I should stick to to avoid Olberman comparisons, since he has never inspired anyone in his entire life, let alone me.
Whats more, a lot of those people had to issue grovelling apologises and were pernalised by their employers (Ed Shultz was, I just read). So the cries of double standard dont hold up to me.

RUSH UPDATE!
In 2006 Rush Limbaugh was returning from a trip to the dominican republic when he was detained at the air port for 3 hours because he had some viagra in his suit case for which he did not has a perscription.
(This is true, I am not making any of this up, that actually happened)
The dominican republic is a third world country with little to offer visitors...except visitors interested in doing sex tourism, in which is has a booming illegal trade.
This also helps fund people traficing to send those forced into the sex industry to europe to earn more money for hte gangs that control this lucrative business.
Why would a recently divorced man be returning from sex tourism hot spot with viagra left over in his case?
Fluke is not the slut...Rush is!

Another interesting point is that Rush is either lying on purpose or terminally stupid in his argument. Lets put aside the fact that he is trying to dismiss a woman's opinion by using sexist language to demean her (the equivilant of saying "Why should we listen to this black guy? He's just a typical angry nigger!") Let's give rush a free pass and pretend he chose his words better as he claims now he wishes he had.

What was his argument?
That Fluke wanted Tax funded contraception.
This was a lie.
She wanted insurance companies to be forced to cover it, and not able to reject it on religious grounds.
Rush was, as usual, defending big business (the insurance industry), not tax payers.

Rush also claimed that she was a slut because she was having so much sex because she needed all this birth control and tax payers had to fund it.
This is not how birth control pills work.
Female birth control pills are not something you pop just before sex (unlike another type of sex pill Rush might be familiar with.) They are a course you take continiously.
A woman having no sex at all but who was sensible enough to take precaution in case she wanted to in the future, and a woman who was going at it every night would use exactly the same amount of birth control.
For a man who claims to be against abortion and against high taxes it seems odd that he does not understand how female contraception works, is apparently against helping women to avoid getting unwanted pregnancies in the first place and againt the obvious savings the government would make by encouraging women to take precautions rather than having to pay for costly procedures later (namely the abortions Rush claims to oppose.)

The more you learn about Rush, the more you see he is a fraud, an idiot, a liar, a scum bag and (as the song said) a fat, pathetic putz.

But if gangster rappers are juvenile, sexist, violent morons who spout expletives and hate then that makes it okay for the rest of us to act that way....right?
I am off to embezzle millions of pounds now from the company I work for. Enron did it...so it must be okay for me to do it.

And yes, this does mean that Rush Limbaugh cant get it up.

(Canouvea, have 50 harko points for challenging my views and proving that Harko fans are not ditto heads.)

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I'm just pointing out that there has been stupid shit said by both sides.

And yes, I recall hearing about Rush's little trip. Fortunately for him, but unfortunately for humanity, "slut" is a specifically female term. Amazing what even vocabulary can tell us about society, isn't it?

I think you're outline of Rush's "argument" isn't exactly accurate. Or at least the situation isn't accurate.

First off, he isn't protecting insurance companies. Those guys are more than happy to include birth control... because it actually saves them money in the long run!

Secondly, it isn't so much about tax funded contraception as it is about insurance generally. If you contribute to insurance you are technically paying for someone else's medicine, cars, house, whatever. It is collective. So yes, you do pay for someone's birth control if you pay insurance. Also, in a sense, you are paying for your own medicine, whatever, as well... so you are paying.

Thirdly, as I said, it isn't the insurance companies complaining. It is employers. Under the new bill thing, employers have to provide insurance. Now this may be unconstitutional. But the specific issue of contraceptives makes things interesting.

Some employers are complaining about being forced to pay for contraceptives via insurance. These tend to be the Catholic organizations at the moment, you know, like several hospitals and all that. Of course, it isn't as if they are even employing 100% Catholics... and plenty of Catholic women choose to use birth control. Fluke is at a Catholic university, which didn't cover birth control as part of its student insurance, which in turn caused problems for one of her friends. (Though the university has supported her against Limbaugh, I should point out).

Of course, the reason that these Catholic employers are throwing such a hissy fit is that birth control of any kind is bad according to the Church and is technically a sin. Yes yes, cue "every sperm is sacred" from Monty Python. They are arguing that forcing them to offer insurance that covers birth control is infringing on their religious freedom under the constitution. This is bullshit, of course, it would be unconstitutional if they were forcing individuals to buy birth control. Big difference. But as I said, forcing anyone to offer/buy health insurance may be unconstitutional, it gets confusing.

So into this wanders Ms. Fluke and Mr Limbaugh. I'm not entirely sure Limbaugh understands the situation as I showed it, though. He is lamenting the fact that birth control is actually covered by insurance... and the arguments that it should be. Nevermind the fact that another pill Mr. Limbaugh is more familiar with that also has to do with sex is also covered by insurance. Fact is, he seems sadly misinformed, but there is a larger framework here that is a tad more complex.

Renard
Member Avatar
Mink
[ *  *  * ]
You're just throwing Harkopoints at everyone these days, aren't you? Obviously I'm not incredible enough by the virtue of my existence to merit an unending cascade of points.

So I'm going to look at taking a quick trip to the UK so I can brand "READ HARKOVAST" on the PM's forehead.

Tourism in Dominican isn't known mostly for sex tourism, the mainstream tourism industry is very important to their economy (employing 15% of the working population). But the fact that he was divorced and coming home from the Caribbean with a bag full of Viagra does raise red flags.

I think the thing that gets Limbaugh going the most here is that he doesn't like The Enemy coming up with ideas, especially ones that might offend members of the American Right. Once that happens it doesn't really matter if he fully understands the arguments and background of the whole situation, he just has to scream "Blue murder! The Democrats will sell out our religion, way of life, and economy to the commies, faggots, and towel-heads!"
4550 Harkopoints

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Random Nonsense · Next Topic »
Add Reply