Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Harkovast Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sorry for the delay!
Topic Started: May 2 2012, 12:42 AM (242 Views)
Harkovast
Member Avatar
The cause of all this silliness (sorry about that!)
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah so there has been a bit of a hold up on the latest page.
Sorry about that!
There has been a bit of a family emergency around here, but things are fine and back on track now (so don't worry, its all good now!)
A new page will come very soon now...and as an added bonus keep an eye on the races section.
"The details escape me right now." -Sir Muir on life.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
Well, since it was a family emergency I suppose I'll let you off easy, but for the record I was planning of tearing a strip out of you for not providing my free entertainment when I wanted it.

Everyone's alright then?
4860 Harkopoints
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tiberius
Member Avatar
White Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
family emergency? very well then. We will merely put you on probation.
Canuovea will give further details of what restrictions are in place during your probationary period. Renard will be your probation officer/executioner.
current Avatr is from the Cyborg series of commisions by Strype. check him out
Favorite pony- RAINBOW DASH
"F*** Nihilism"
960 harko-points

elMerlot
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hope things are well.
Editing my signature for fun and profit.

?????? Harkopoints

Canuovea
Member Avatar
Pictured: Grumpy Fennec
[ *  *  * ]
Glad things are better, hope it keeps going that way, and in the meantime we have Golta information to keep us company.
Resident philosophy and history nut. And amateur swordsman.

"Purple swords? Darsai are weird." -Elyssa

I have: 3851 Harko-points +1000

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Everything is okay, no need to worry.
New page will be up tonight, Thane willing.
Did you like the Golta section?

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
I've liked all of those sections so far, they make it much easier to reference different aspects of the cultures when I'm asking questions or trying to poke holes in the plot.
4860 Harkopoints

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Renard don't let StyxD see that!
he doesn't need more ammunition to find my plot holes!

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Funny, Hark. Plot holes.

Like when you said that Golta Grenadiers were all males and then later said that all positions in Golta society were open to both genders? Or could you just say that the grenadiers have a height requirement that in practice means they are mostly males? Are the rangers mostly females because being shorter is conducive to hiding? Which is why in a futuristic setting of Lord of the Rings the Hobbits would be the most feared race in Middle Earth? What was I talking about again?

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Well okay, not literally EVERY single post or role is open to both genders.
Golta men cant give birth for example.
The Golta grenadiers are all men because they specifically require warriors who are tall and have a lot of upper body strength.
They are the only unit in the army where strength and height are the primary concerns in recruiting, so the only ones that are all male.
I would say that if there was a woman who was remarkably tall and remarkably strong and wanted to be a grenadier and was a skilled enough soldier to meet the grade, the Golta would be okay with letting her join. The Gender gap is based on pragmatism not sexism.
However, such a individual would be very rare and so for all practical purposes, the Grenadiers are all male.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Brianne of Tarth! As a giant talking Badger!

Sorry, read A Song of Ice and Fire over Christmas, still stuck in my head.

But yeah, I'll accept that. I thought it was based about pragmatism, but good to have that cleared up.

StyxD
Member Avatar
Undead Wolf
[ *  *  * ]
Canuovea

Brianne of Tarth! As a giant talking Badger!
NO DAMN IT! Stop ruining the character for me. I'll never look at her the same again. :(

Anyways...

Can I just say I love the flag? It looks like white flag - "we're surrendering!" - and then the angry eyes - "not a chance in hell, Tolpish suckers!"

I like the paragraph about Golta's manner of talking. Cause it's like me.

Also, the Races section bugs out for me - when I click one of the races, the bar with races selection gets partially off the top of the screen.

While we're at the topic of bugs - forum searching has been down for some time. It returns error 403 every time. If the code's not yours but the invisionfree folks', I'd kick them around if I were you.

I would look for plot holes in Golta section, but... thing is, I don't care about Golta. They suck (sorry, Renard). It's as if you posted Shogun's biography. ;)

Although I'll say two things:

You forgot to add, in the paragraph about half-castes, that the ones that don't look like Golta are regularly gunned down by strangers thinking they're invading Tolpish force.

In one of your old vote incentives, I'm sure I've seen a Golta in (almost) full plate with a helmet, an axe and a buckler. Are those units still canon?

And now, as Hark has run out of contemporary races, I'm sure he's bound to finally write about some intriguing race we haven't heard much about yet...
Oh wait, silly me, Nymus are next. <_<
2350/9001 Harko-points

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Or Junlocks...could be Junlocks....
Book 2 is coming soon, so if you want new races you will soon get your wish in a big way.

I like the Golta, I like their dedication and loyalty, as well as their snazzy fashions.

I could never be one...I like to stay in bed.

The Golta uniform I drew back then was an early elite infantry design, called picked troops back then.
They were changed to the more characterful grenadiers.
The picked troop design is what I am thinking for the Dragoons now.

And thanks for bringing up glitches, I will let those who can help know.

Canuovea
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Sorry, StyxD, I suppose Brianne would be more like a huge malformed female Darsai who decided that healing people was for suckers and that she wanted to kill shit. And she would proceed to do just that. Better?

The Golta are interesting, but they are also somewhat annoying.

Now, Ivos! Ivos!

BlkKnight
Member Avatar
[ * ]
StyxD
May 2 2012, 11:55 PM
Also, the Races section bugs out for me - when I click one of the races, the bar with races selection gets partially off the top of the screen.

In order to properly troubleshoot your problem, I need to know what browser you're trying to view the page in. IE 6 and 7 are not supported.
Visit Crossing Death!

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Random Nonsense · Next Topic »
Add Reply