Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Harkovast Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Avengers- Worth assembling?
Topic Started: May 6 2012, 07:18 PM (211 Views)
Harkovast
Member Avatar
The cause of all this silliness (sorry about that!)
[ *  *  * ]
Shockingly, yes, I actually liked this one.
I was expecting a cluster fuck with heroes fighting for screen time more than fighting the bad guys!
It was over the top super hero action with all the characters getting to strut their stuff against equally over the top forces of evil.
After all the build up, I was impressed that they managed to bring it together into a film that lived up to the ludicrous amount of hype (about 5 or 6 movies to lead up to this one!)
This one gets my Hark seal of approval.
"The details escape me right now." -Sir Muir on life.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
A couple of faults I will raise....
The camera's focus on Black Widows rear end got a bit embarrassing...as did he failure to have a Russian accent.

Also it was very CGI heavy, which is always a negative. But with such super powered goings on, I don't think that was avoidable.

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
Doesn't she primarily use firearms, and wear a skin-tight suit? I know that part of the "superhero" thing is that the vast majority of them wear bodysuits or leotards that leave little to the imagination, but if you're going to be carrying around a Glock as your primary means of stomping evil, I would suggest wearing a webbing belt capable of carrying a few extra magazines, or at least clothing with pockets. More magazines would be especially important since she's armed with a sub-compact pistol, and the magazine capacity of Glock sub-compacts is usually 10-12 rounds.

She's the only woman who works with an Aryan in a figure skating costume, a Norse god, and a drunk in bright red power armor, and she herself wears a tight black bodysuit, and openly packs heat. Obviously subtlety is not an issue, so I don't see why she can't just carry a full-frame pistol with a longer (more accurate) barrel, and a magazine capacity twice that of her little rinky-dink pocket-pistol.
4860 Harkopoints

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Well if you thought her super powers (small weedy pistol and ass) are not that impressive, how do you think Hawkeye feels?
His power is having a bow!
That's a super power that can out done by a fucking musket!

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
Scarlett Johansson does have a nice ass though...

He better be something impossibly good with that bow of his, otherwise he's at a distinct disadvantage against anyone with a rifle. The only bows capable of getting an arrow to the same distances as firearms are usually close to the height of a man.
4860 Harkopoints

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I am not disputing the ladies rear end credentials.
I just think some of the scenes were filmed in such a way as to make it rather too much of the focus.

There is a bit where she goes to speak to the baddie in prison and her butt seems to be the main focus of proceedings as far as the director is concerned.
It is a bit off putting when they are doing an otherwise serious scene!

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, that doesn't really work.
4860 Harkopoints

elMerlot
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
This movie was amazing and I will fight anyone who disagrees with me to the death.
Editing my signature for fun and profit.

?????? Harkopoints

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
That's pretty harsh. I loved Stalker, but I don't think I'd fight someone to the death over that film.
4860 Harkopoints

elMerlot
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
by "fight to the death" I mean, "tell them they are wrong on the internet then forget about it"
Editing my signature for fun and profit.

?????? Harkopoints

Renard
Member Avatar
Kiwifox
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah... that image isn't as impressive...
4860 Harkopoints

Frostwolf18
Member Avatar
The Watcher
[ *  *  * ]
I saw the movie with a friend who wasn't at all a comic book geek. He liked it. The movie itself did it's job for people non familiar with the Canon.

This is a movie I am definitely going to buy when it comes out. If only the the Hulk's awesome scenes in the third act.

Though the whole damn movie never bored me. And that is saying something.
lets see
amateur writer, anime fan, rock lover, freedom seeker, not an otaku, history lover (i love it but it hates me), and.... crap

435 points
more shall come
mwhahahahahaha

IT'S A MADWORLD! REVEL IN IT!!!

Harkovast
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I have such a low attention span I got bored reading what Frostwolf just said, and even I was kept entertained.

Frostwolf18
Member Avatar
The Watcher
[ *  *  * ]
Harkovast
May 7 2012, 08:34 PM
I have such a low attention span I got bored reading what Frostwolf just said, and even I was kept entertained.

heh heh yeah.....Hey wait a minute!
lets see
amateur writer, anime fan, rock lover, freedom seeker, not an otaku, history lover (i love it but it hates me), and.... crap

435 points
more shall come
mwhahahahahaha

IT'S A MADWORLD! REVEL IN IT!!!

Canuovea
Member Avatar
Pictured: Grumpy Fennec
[ *  *  * ]
I will probably watch. Eventually.
Resident philosophy and history nut. And amateur swordsman.

"Purple swords? Darsai are weird." -Elyssa

I have: 3851 Harko-points +1000

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Random Nonsense · Next Topic »
Add Reply