Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome. You're currently viewing here as a guest. If you register, you'll be able to post, access member-only sections, customize your profile, and send personal messages. You don't have to be an artist to participate here. This site exists to give all an ethically run, visible, and innovative platform for speaking up and connecting with others. Register now.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ramblin' Rant; rant by lunk
Topic Started: Dec 27 2008, 10:05 PM (270 Views)
lunk
Member Avatar
Just Can't Quit
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
How did we get to here?
We know so little of our past,
a few arrowheads, rock carvings or pictographs.
The history we're given is biased toward the victors of history, regardless of their ruthlessness, in achieving it.

We know that people have probably been around for over 50 000 years, and possibly much longer on Earth.
I think Darwin started the bidding at 10 000.
It's now up to 300 000 years.
I think it will go much further back, though.

Anyhow, there must have been a time in the past where, people started to gain control over nature, through fire, agriculture, the invention of the wheel, and began to thrive.

I have recently heard it said that early humans may have been more scavenger than predator.
Sure, it would be a lot easier to scare off the lion after it has done all the dirty work for you.
But it wouldn't take long before there was the idea of capturing and raising the deer for livestock, so you would no longer need to scare off the lion.
So I think that the first agriculture may have been livestock, and then crops, (probably to feed the livestock).
Of course, people had always let the lion do the slaughter for their meat. Now, with the birth of agriculture, they needed a person to do this task.
Now, I think, that I'm like most people in that I don't want to slaughter anything, and this, I think lead to the birth and original purpose of the psychopath.
Over time, psychopaths, banded together, and since they had no conscience, basically, by their own nature, with cunning and unrestrained ruthlessness, rose to the seat of power and control, in and over society, and have over-seen the rise and fall of every civilization that ever has been.

And this is still the case today.

purely logical speculation,

imo, lunk

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lunk
Member Avatar
Just Can't Quit
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If you ignore all the pre-conceived notions provided by popular media, and just look at the facts, it sure appears like the world is run by butchers.

imo, lunk

lunk
Member Avatar
Just Can't Quit
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I forgot to point out that empathy for others is a natural instinct of most humans, and is necessary for the survival of all. Without compassion there would be no one to stand up for anyone, if it was not pragmatic.
We are the furthest thing from cogs in the wheel of the machine. There is no compassion between cogs in a machine. The machine belongs to each one of us, we do not belong to the "owners" of the machine.
...but the owners of that machine want us to see it that way, so we will be that way, not for their machine but for them.

hmm, that was easier to write then read,

imo, lunk

sparkoflife
[ * ]
lunk
Dec 27 2008, 10:05 PM
How did we get to here?
We know so little of our past,
a few arrowheads, rock carvings or pictographs.
The history we're given is biased toward the victors of history, regardless of their ruthlessness, in achieving it.

We know that people have probably been around for over 50 000 years, and possibly much longer on Earth.
I think Darwin started the bidding at 10 000.
It's now up to 300 000 years.
I think it will go much further back, though.

Anyhow, there must have been a time in the past where, people started to gain control over nature, through fire, agriculture, the invention of the wheel, and began to thrive.

I have recently heard it said that early humans may have been more scavenger than predator.
Sure, it would be a lot easier to scare off the lion after it has done all the dirty work for you.
But it wouldn't take long before there was the idea of capturing and raising the deer for livestock, so you would no longer need to scare off the lion.
So I think that the first agriculture may have been livestock, and then crops, (probably to feed the livestock).
Of course, people had always let the lion do the slaughter for their meat. Now, with the birth of agriculture, they needed a person to do this task.
Now, I think, that I'm like most people in that I don't want to slaughter anything, and this, I think lead to the birth and original purpose of the psychopath.
Over time, psychopaths, banded together, and since they had no conscience, basically, by their own nature, with cunning and unrestrained ruthlessness, rose to the seat of power and control, in and over society, and have over-seen the rise and fall of every civilization that ever has been.

And this is still the case today.

purely logical speculation,

imo, lunk

I think that right now and the years ahead is another time where, people will gain control over nature, with free-energy. Another paradigm shift is about to occur and our biggest piece of evidence that free-energy exists lies in the events of 9/11.

What you are eluding to is the idea that 'psychopaths' are apart of our human nature, this is where i disagree. Our DNA was hijacked long ago and we can see evidence of this in the evil that is underlying in our society.

lunk
Member Avatar
Just Can't Quit
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If this is so, we have already lost the battle.
If this isn't so, and we believe it,
without some sort of conclusive evidence,
we have already lost the battle.

I am just putting forth, a plausible explanation, for the reasons for our current situation, that is outside of the realm of superstition and myth.

The idea that we were originally vegetarian,
is, I believe a myth.
Because, if we were, a long time ago, vegetarian, we would have been wiped out with the loss of one growing season for whatever natural, catastrophic reason.
Therefore, I figure, we were always omnivorous.
Could we have been, before that, genetically altered this way, by superior(?) beings, in the past? Perhaps.
But even if we were, we still must have been designed, omnivorous, to be here, today.

I guess, the real question is, do you think that we were originally, built and designed by the ancestors of ones, ruling over us, today?
Edited by lunk, Jan 4 2009, 01:26 AM.

lunk
Member Avatar
Just Can't Quit
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This planet has been around, geologically for a very long time.

It doesn't take much artistic imagination, to see that all the continents,
fit together, too perfectly, on a smaller globe, for any other
explanation, than the Earth must have almost doubled
it size since the pieces fit.

But that was long ago, our ancestors back then, on a smaller Earth,
would have been physically quite different from modern humans, as gravity and surface terrain, climate, and critters must have been quite different.

With less gravity on a smaller Earth,
our ancestors may have been bigger than modern man.
In fact, generally the relative size of many lifeforms have been shrinking on this planet.

I'm talking about the time, before the ages were even observed,
when our ancestors were first beginning to realize their abilities of
greater power over nature.

How must have we developed,
to get into this apparent mess,
we are in today?

And what can each of us do,
in our own unique ways, to veer
the direction of this guided
and planned, destructive path,
so many are still blindly lead,
and following.

imo, lunk

(edit) spelling

Edited by lunk, Jan 5 2009, 04:49 PM.

lunk
Member Avatar
Just Can't Quit
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Imagine, having to look after a herd animal, that could not be fenced, physically, because it was too clever, and would escape.
If one, could convince the herd animal that it was already free, it would never know to even, try to escape.
How to do this;
has already been re-searched,
how to implement this;
has already been tried,
any possible mistakes;
have all been considered,
and the future is planned.

But, there is a chance, that the herd could alert, and the invisible, non-existent fence would be seen for what it is.
And something could happen, that has never happened, ever, in the past, the herd would see themselves as individuals, that can live much more fully and easily as independent entities, pursuing, their each and own interests, without having to pay, by force, with their blood, sweat, and tears, for the whims of a dominant few.

imo, lunk

lunk
Member Avatar
Just Can't Quit
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Re-cycling.
My pet peeve right now.
Yes, I know we shouldn't pollute. But we're being polluted, with our food, through gmos and pesticides, our water with chemical additives, the air with heavy metals. But we should still recycle, and so, we're told.
Any how, the local municipality has , for more than a year or so had a re-cycling day about once a month. Where every household collects all their re-recyclables, and puts it in a clear garbage bag, out with the trash.
So far, this sounds good, and most everyone started doing it. They would take all their re-cycling, over the month, and store it outside in a shed, or something, to keep it out of the way until pick up day.
Most of the household, re-cycling consisted of empty milk jugs, pizza boxes, and food packaging, and although everybody was asked to rinse their milk jugs, there really is no way to keep all food remnants out of the re-cycling.
RATS!
Yes, now there has been an outbreak of rats in the neighbourhood. ...And nobody knows why...
Now, I have only seen a couple, but I guess that's all they need if they got a year round supply of food. The neighbour says he has trapped nine, so far. Curious that that was, after the newspaper article written by a real estate agent just recently saying the rat problem was over. I don't think it is. , but I'm not sure if it ever was a problem.
It also looks like the rats have learned to set off the trap, somehow, and then take the bait. A few rats have been found with a bonk in the head several feet from the sprung trap, not in it.
I was cleaning up an old compost pile last year, in the spring, when I ran across an old rat nest. It was full of emptied walnut and snail shells. This would explain the same neighbors complaint about there being an over whelming number of snails last summer, in their garden.
I know there is a rat living near my wood shed. I know it's too smart to trap, and in a way, I sort of feel sorry for it.
...So, I have been feeding it frosted corn flakes.
It seems to like them ...and it no longer attacks me in the night.

cheers, lunk

lunk
Member Avatar
Just Can't Quit
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
When we are conceived,
we become are dependent on the womb, to grow,
we become independent of that, once born.
When we are a baby, we are dependent on our mother,
to grow. We become independent of that,
once we can move around and feed ourselves.
As we grow up, we are dependent on the family,
for our needs and understanding of the world,
we become more independent from that,
when we leave home.

Our whole existence is change from dependency to independent.

To move toward interdependence,
which is just another word for dependents,
is backwards and contradictory
to the direction of life.

thought of the day

lunk
Member Avatar
Just Can't Quit
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I was replying to a thread at pilots on Change The "system"?:

Quote:

What to replace our current system with...
Hmm, I think it's quite simple, in theory.

Give, whatever you have and don't need,
enthusiastically, to anyone who needs it,
and don't harm or cause loss to others.

If these were two principals were embraced by everyone,
world wide, at the same time, the transition would be painless.

Oh, ya,
we must teach our children,
how to recognize the psychopath,
and never let this, character type,
ever, get into any position of power,
over others, again.

imho, lunk

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum//index.php?showtopic=16472

lunk
Member Avatar
Just Can't Quit
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not sure if someone else has pondered this, already before...

But I was thinking,
that the part of each one of us,
that we call our(self), the "I" in us all,
that we refer to our self, by,
...is the same single self.

We think of ourselves as individuals, but are limited and opinionated by
our own personal experiences, separate from each other,
but we all have an "I" that experiences,
the events and conditions, that make up our own character,
and cause our thoughts, actions, or inaction.

What if that was really the same "I" in all of us?

"Being true to yourself",
would take on a much deeper meaning.

Everyone, right or wrong, would be a construct of the "I"s
personal life experiences, in that particular physical being.

"I am he,
as you are he,
as you are me,
and we are altogether

goo goo gdjoob!"

imo, lunk

lunk
Member Avatar
Just Can't Quit
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here yo go:
9:31am - lunk: I'm still getting my head around the idea that, we are all the same "I".
9:33am - lunk: ...for me, to experience something, I need the experience. But WHO is experiencing this?
9:34am - lunk: I am.
9:34am - lunk: For you to experience something, you need the experience.
9:35am - lunk: But what in "you" is experiencing it?
9:36am - lunk: Your "I".
9:37am - lunk: In other words, your "I" and my "I" are the experienceors.
9:37am - lunk: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
9:38am - lunk: What if they were the same, not just with me and you, but everyone?
9:42am - lunk: This "I", that we call our self, is the same, in everyone, then the only thing that makes us different from each other is our experiences.
9:43am - lunk: What is it that each of us hold dear?
9:43am - lunk: deer?
9:44am - lunk: dear
9:45am - lunk: It is what we concieve as our own personal "I".
9:45am - lunk: But it is the same thing.
9:45am - lunk: with each and everyone of us.
9:46am - lunk: For something to be experienced, it needs an experiencor.
9:47am - lunk: These are two separate things, the experience and the experiencor.
9:47am - lunk: The experience is unique, with every individual.
9:48am - lunk: ...but what if the experiencor is the same in each?
9:48am - lunk: of us?
10:02am - lunk: You see, there is an infinite number of experience, but there only needs to be ONE experiencor.
10:03am - lunk: The common mistake is to associate yourself with your own experiences.
10:03am - lunk: When it's the other way around.
10:05am - lunk: Yourself is the experienceor, of its' experiences.
10:05am - lunk: Myself is the experienceor of my experiences.
10:07am - lunk: Experience, may,(and probably) will be diferent for each of us.
10:07am - lunk: ...But what if the experienceor, is the same?
10:08am - lunk: experienceor: new lunk word.
10:09am - lunk: I am the experienceor, you are the experienceor.
10:10am - lunk: it's the same thing.
10:10am - lunk: experiencing.
10:11am - lunk: Only the experience are differant.
10:12am - lunk: different.
10:12am - lunk: the "I" remains the same.
10:13am - lunk: -----------------------------------
10:16am - lunk: Our own, personal experiences are experineced, by the same "I".
10:17am - lunk: ...however different.
10:18am - lunk: different.
10:18am - lunk: I don't know.
10:18am - lunk: -------------------
10:19am - lunk: It is the sound that counts.
10:19am - lunk: --------------------------------
10:20am - lunk: I guess, the thing that keeps us apart is the idea that we are the result of our experiences.
10:21am - lunk: When it is really the other way around.
10:22am - lunk: ---------------------------------------------------
10:26am - lunk: The song remains the same.
10:26am - lunk: --------------------------------------
10:27am - lunk: Now, I have to put this into a post, that is comprehensible.

lunk
Member Avatar
Just Can't Quit
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That took over an hour, for me to figure this out.
Strange, but what is expected from the thinking of lunk...

It is strange, but if true,
the "I" remains the same.

Our experiences and conclusions are all experienced by the same "I".

I would now, like to take the opportunity to say, "HELLO."
(BTW, that's "walrus" backwards.)

cheers, lunk

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Salon · Next Topic »
Add Reply