Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
DragonBall Z Arena is CURRENTLY accepting new members. This Dragon Ball Z RPG is a very relaxed casual experience which welcomes anyone who is willing to join. If you do not like rigid management and want to express yourself with your own roleplaying with no limitations, then join us today!. Your story may compliment and sometimes even shape how the current plot plays out in DBZA.


Affiliates
Tunnel
Welcome to DragonBall Z Arena.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, viewing most of the boards, and role-playing.






If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
  • 1
Sister Alone
Topic Started: Apr 29 2012, 08:46 AM (286 Views)
A18
Member Avatar
Newbie
[ * ]
It had been awhile since 18 had last seen her brother 17 anywhere, having split up long ago since they've lost their programming to kill Goku. Now she roamed through the busy streets of North City alone curiously exploring the many clothing stores located all over. She already had a couple bags hanging from her arm as she walked through the crowded sidewalks. A variety of clothes are barely squeezed inside the confines of the bags. Coats, shirts, skirts; it had been along time since 18 treated herself with something and now she was working hard to catch up on lost time. After a few hours of continuous shopping 18 slowly grew bored and paused to take a look up into the brilliant blue sky. For a moment she became oblivious to all the people and cars that filled the streets around her. It really did feel like forever since she had enjoyed herself as much as she was now. A small sliver of mixed sorrow and longing surged through her mind as she thought of where her brother 17 could be at that very moment.

Shaking her head as if she were shaking out the thoughts from her mind 18 shrugged to herself. What was it to her where he was? He clearly didn't have any intent to find her since they've been apart. For the first time in her life 18 was alone in the world, and now she felt the weight of it coming down on her shoulders. Still she would stay strong and find her purpose in life eventually. For now, there was still more shopping to be done. With a smile across her pale features 18 started walking toward another clothing shop nearby.
 
Minosha
Member Avatar
Humanity's Hero
[ *  *  *  * ]
The city air; it was filled with smog and a smug sense of self accomplishment. Whereas in the country everything was so much more simple, easier said than done was a motto that everyone in the city could live by. Some people detested it for the competitive atmosphere and the lack of true community, but even more found their love for life in the hollow smiles and the half-grins that so often populated the streets. It made them feel better about themselves, so much more smug; it was not hard to feel smug when you had power of your own. It was actually harder to feel modest.

Was Android Eighteen modest? Few could call her such a word. The Android had been programmed as a flashy killer, a model of efficiency and deadly beauty. Few things about Eighteen could truly be considered modest. It was not shocking that several men would stop in their tracks, or walk into street signs when she was around. Nor was it altogether uncommon that even more would find themselves transfixed by her steely blue eyes; these were things she was going to have to get used to if she wished to continue her existence.

What would they think of her when they learned she was equally dangerous and stunning?

As she came closer to her destination (the clothing store), a mild 'boom' was easily picked up in the distance. For her, it would have been easy to detect as an explosion. For others, they would have to turn and glance at the skyline to see the smoke rising into the air, it's lazy tendrils of gray reaching out to touch the sky in an alert-like manner.

CHOICE:
Check your BUILT IN SCANNER on the Explosion
Continue Walking
Fly toward the Explosion W/out Scanning it
 
A18
Member Avatar
Newbie
[ * ]

Action: Fly toward the Explosion W/out Scanning it
The rumble of the explosion away in the distance caused 18's inner programming to instantly locate the source. She turned her eyes to watch the black smoke that billowed into the air. Sure, she could probably use her built scanner to find out more on the explosion where she stood, but where was the fun in that? 18 shrugged off the thought that she was acting irrationally for the rush of excitement that started flowing through her body. If her brother had taught her anything it was how fun it could be to take things the long way. With a smile 18 brushed her hair behind her ear and slung her shopping bags across her shoulder. Not caring if the sea of panicking humans scattering everywhere saw her 18 took flight. Full of determination and the joy of something finally happening in an otherwise boring day she flew off toward the location of the rising smoke.

"Finally, something fun for a change!"
 
Minosha
Member Avatar
Humanity's Hero
[ *  *  *  * ]
As the female android took off from the ground, the streets erupted into chaos and turmoil. The citizens who had just seen a portion of their city explode into ash were easily startled, and seeing a young woman flying through the air? It was easy to understand why they would suddenly bolt and flee, hoping to escape the area as soon as possible. It wasn't as though they were used to such a sight, after all. The last time they'd seen such trickery was if they'd gone to the Circus. Fun fact, they hadn't. Taking off into the air had been a good idea, in the regard that she would no longer have to deal with the panicked crowd. Surely, they'd have panicked even if she didn't take off.

Upon reaching the height of her climb, it was visibly apparent that the roadways were clogged by vehicles. For some reason, it appeared that everyone was leaving their car in the middle of the road...At least, that was what it looked like. All of the citizens were quickly streaming through the streets, running away from the source of the smoke that was so apparent on the horizon. Both sidewalks were filled with people running and screaming, hoping to escape whatever catastrophe might have been going on. Were they that afraid? What could have induced such fear?

Further ahead, a screen was playing some kind of message on repeat. It appeared to be a broadcaster explaining the source of the issue, but it was quickly cut off via some kind of interference. A dashing, black haired young man quickly took over the screen, looking vaguely like Android Seventeen. However, it was very clearly not the one she had grown to consider a Brother. The warm and well meaning look about him was enough to suggest that.

CHOICE:
Investigate the Broadcast Up Close
Continue Flying Toward the Smoke
Fly & Watch via Built in Devices
 
A18
Member Avatar
Newbie
[ * ]
Action: Investigate the Broadcast Up Close
18 came a sudden halt in mid-air when the sight of the black haired man flashed on the screen. Her heart skipped a beat as her fists clenched themselves. The human side of her surged with a mix of emotion as her eyes studied the large screen. She could swear that black haired man was her brother, though she instinctively noticed something wrong about him. Once the center of attention, the massive cloud of smoke darkening the sky became oblivious to her. 18 flew closer toward the screen so that she could hear what the man, possibly her brother, was saying. Her ears were straining to catch every word in a hope to match the voice with the one she knew.

Despite the time they had spent so far apart 18 still felt the desire to see her brother. It also had to be more than simple coincidence for her brother to appear at the same time the city fell into chaos.
 
Minosha
Member Avatar
Humanity's Hero
[ *  *  *  * ]
The voice itself was a little different than Seventeen's, but the resemblance was still very remarkable. His hair was the same length, and his face screamed out with similarities. However, the way he was speaking sounded too eloquent, too gentlemanly to possibly be of the same breed. Perhaps it was some relation from the Pair's life before they were Androids? A cousin or a younger brother, even? It was possible, though it might have been unlikely. As the woman android approached the television screen, the voice seemed to patch itself in to her ears, over the screaming of the crowds below.

"-'ve already accomplished step one, everybody. The Android Threat is real, and you know it! One of them blew up that bus station, downtown! We can't let them push us around! We've got to fight back! Right now, everyone with the nads to do it is getting together out at Warehouse #319, right by the harbor! We're gonna round those dolls up, and rip'em to shreds! This is our city!"

The message seemed to go on repeat, showing the photogenic young man as he ranted about whatever the Android Threat was. He somehow knew about Androids Seventeen and Eighteen; but why would he just reference one of them? Surely, that meant that Seventeen was somewhere in the city as well? Would the child know? There were so many questions that needed answered; so many curiosities that this guy might be able to explain.

CHOICE:
Go to Warehouse #319
Continue to the Bus Station
Try to Track the Source of the Signal
 
A18
Member Avatar
Newbie
[ * ]
Action: Continue to the Bus Station
18 felt a wave of confusion taking over her brain struggling to make sense out of what was going on. She could now tell the man on the screen wasn't her brother Seventeen but the resemblance was so unreal. And did he say something about an Android Threat? Obviously 18 hadn't done anything herself to warrant an angry mob wanting to rip her apart. That had to mean the Androids being mention must be ones that she didn't know of. Now 18 really felt her curiosity surging while her mind still tried to process a million things at once. In the span of only several minutes it seemed her entire world had just been flipped upside down.

Still the excitement rising from the situtation was too much to ignore. 18 felt the burning desire to find out just what was going on and who these Androids were. She quickly gazed around for a secret spot to hide her shopping bags and marked the location in her memory banks. After making sure her precious new clothes were safely concealed from thieving hands 18 took off into the sky with incredible speed. For a moment she stood unmoving while she thought of her possible options. Making sure she would remember "Warehouse #319" 18 decided to check out the nearby bus station. She felt the strong desire to find out just who exactly these Androids were. Then, if they're creations of Dr. Gero, she'd do the world a favor and dispose of them.
 
Minosha
Member Avatar
Humanity's Hero
[ *  *  *  * ]
Upon nearing the bus station, it became apparent that a very angry mob was forming. Many members of the group were holding some type of weapon, that seemed to be being issued from some kind of dispensary. At the head of the mob, another young man stood; this one was far different from the dashing youth who had appeared up on the TV screen. This boy had scars on his face and dotting both relatively muscular arms. It was obvious that he had experienced some type of hard ship in his life, though what had caused the scars was a mystery.

Betraying nothing but fierce dedication to his cause, he continued to preach to the already converted choir, hoping to rile them up enough to storm their way toward the detonation zone. It was clear that they intended to dismantle whatever had set off the explosion, no matter who it was. It could have been the softest or fluffiest of kittens, but this crowd would have cared little over all. They were looking for blood! Or in this case, synthetic tissue!

The crowd was filled with weak signatures, but for some reason the man at the forefront seemed devoid of energy. Something was...wrong, about him. As if he didn't belong there.

CHOICE:
Investigate W/Scanner
Question the Man
Question The Crowd

Ask whatever you'd like.
 
A18
Member Avatar
Newbie
[ * ]
Action: Question the Man
Upon seeing the growing mob from the cover of the sky 18 comes to a stop. Her eyes open wide in a sense of shock as they scan the area beneath her. "What's going on down there?"

At that very moment 18's eyes come across the man in the forefront. Immediately she noticed something that separated him from the rest of the violent crowd. Thinking of her next move carefully 18 crosses of the thought of questioning the whole crowd at once. They didn't seem to be the pleasant type, and her being an Android herself would probably only make things worse.

Using a large amount of stealth and cunning 18 takes off higher into the sky into the concealment of a cloud unseen. Very carefully she flies away without letting herself be discovered and returns to the scene on her feet. Attempting to pass off as one of the humans swarming wildly around her 18 makes her way through the crowd and towards the man.

Miraculously her planned work as she finally reaches him, the crowd none of the wiser at her being an Android. Coming up from the man from behind she speaks softly just loud enough for him to hear, "Excuse me, who are you?"
 
Minosha
Member Avatar
Humanity's Hero
[ *  *  *  * ]
The fellow turned around with a flashy grin and a debonair aura about him, as if he were used to dealing with people far superior than his present company. It was fairly obvious now that Eighteen was up close, that the scars had been obtained in some kind of horrible surgery. Had he been mortally wounded in the midst of some heroic act, or was he another pretender? Many people in the world often attempted to become heroes, and through their own faults, had a tendency to fail terribly. Was this man of that same stock? It would not have been overly shocking. He was leading a riotous mob.

The man took a deep glance into the woman's steely eyes, his own hues a fiery hazel, much like his nature. He was not a patient fellow, that much was easily apparent from the outset. Every bit of him spoke rash, brash and bold. Whatever could have made someone so foolish? The question of how he had heard Eighteen's whisper-like voice over the roar of his mob was left unanswered, as he replied to the woman without a second thought. He was not one to hesitate, even though the look on his face seemed to shift as he examined her features. It had fallen from friendly and almost suave, to disappointed and almost discouraged.

"Hello there, lady. I'm Bease, the leader of this judicial group. Haven't you heard of the Anti-Android Alliance? We're pretty big in East City."

The fact that they were not in East City did little to help his case.

CHOICE: CHOOSE 2
Ask about the Anti Android Alliance
Ask about the Bombing
Ask about Warehouse #319
Ask about the Boy on the Screen
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Journey · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:
  • 1

©Dragonball Z Arena 2000-2014 Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT © BIRD STUDIO SHUEISHA, TOEI ANIMATION. Licensed by FUNimation® Productions, Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT and all logos, character names and distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks of TOEI ANIMATION. DragonBall Z Arena is a fan site for people who want to role-play as their favorite DBZ character. Not to be mistaken for the official site where by no infringement is intended.