Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
eRegime is a forum mostly based around forum games. Users think up and run said games, being given the means necessary to do so (such as full mod powers over the forum areas of their games.) It has been around since 2012.

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The forum is being fixed, view updates here
Topic Started: Jan 16 2018, 05:26 PM (1,340 Views)
Ismail
Member Avatar
GLORIOUS LEADER OF EREGIME
Admins
Any thread created before January 12 or so cannot be viewed; none of the posts show. Also we're using the ugly default ZetaBoards skin, and a few other things that shouldn't happen.

ZetaBoards staff is working on fixing these things and to fully restore all posts. There's no ETA, but other boards were affected as well.

Just so people know. :shifty:

eRegime does have a presence on Discord, which is where the community's communications are being maintained in the meantime.

Feel free to post in this thread if you have any questions.
Offline Quote Post Goto Top

Ismail
Member Avatar
Admins
An update from one of the ZB staff members:
Quote:

Hi all,

My limited understanding on the problem is that this was not a server issue.

Here's what I believe happened:

As you may know, users could opt into the ZetaBoards conversion, both via the "Convert to ZetaBoards" page, and the "Tapatalk Conversion" page.
Some users, rightly, opted in on both pages.
Due to an oversight, both opt-ins were processed in two separate batches, and the second conversion overrode the first conversion.

As I say, this is what I believe has happened, but it can be difficult getting details on these sorts of issues.

I know we haven't provided much info on if/when this will be fixed - Brandon indicated he would have a final answer within a week (And that was 2 days ago), but I would hope we'd have at least some more information sooner than that.

I will continue to press for more.

Jonathan

GM2009
Member Avatar

Gamemasters
Bop 2009

BoP 2009 will be ceasing from now onwards, for the first game we ran it went pretty well but it had several structural problems in how we designed the rules that we want to take this moment to rectify. Rather than struggling to restart it with the inevitable drop of interest after the long break we will bring it back in a new imrpoved form later this year. Thank you for participating everybody and i hope those of you that joined us anew for it will stick around.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon - BoP 2009

Ismail
Member Avatar
Admins
GM2009
Jan 17 2018, 08:46 AM
Bop 2009

BoP 2009 will be ceasing from now onwards, for the first game we ran it went pretty well but it had several structural problems in how we designed the rules that we want to take this moment to rectify. Rather than struggling to restart it with the inevitable drop of interest after the long break we will bring it back in a new imrpoved form later this year. Thank you for participating everybody and i hope those of you that joined us anew for it will stick around.
On the other hand, Saber is working on a Vietnam countrysim set in the 1950s, there was talk earlier this month of doing a BoP set in the current year, my Jonestown game should be ready either in February or early March (assuming eRegime is fixed by then :shifty: ) and there's actually a few people who chose the worst possible moment to decide to join eRegime, and who will be doing so once things are fixed.

Jordanc
Member Avatar
Neighbourhood Zionist
Super Moderators
This is whats to come if Corbyn ever comes to power...
Qatar: BOP 2009

Gyrocile
Member Avatar
Pleasantly fragrant
GM2009

Sad to hear but I think all of us really loved BoP 2009 while it ran and if its the right decision for you guys its the right decision. Poly and Sach did a bloody good job for their first time GMing and BoP is always going to be a hell of a beast whoever GMs it.
Edited by Gyrocile, Jan 17 2018, 11:37 AM.
Sengoku Jidai
Posted Image Daimyō of the Shimazu Clan, Constable of Satsuma, Lord of Hyuga and Osumi, Descendant of the Minamoto - Shimazu Takahisa

Hapsburg Sim
Posted Image Emperor of Austria, King of Hungary, Bohemia, Croatia and other Imperial States - Franz Joseph I

Nations of A New World
Posted Image Empress of the British Empire - Queen Victoria

*Former Games List Under Construction*

Saoirse
Member Avatar
The Iron Lazar
GM2009
Jan 17 2018, 08:46 AM
Bop 2009

Don't forget my game that might happen eventually (sometime before Katanga).
Laser Kagonovich | Stalin's Successor Posted Image

Bolshevik faction of the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party/Vladimir Ilyich Lenin | Nations of a New World Posted Image

Formerly

Posted Image

Consider checking out the Uganda-Tanzania War Game

Ismail
Member Avatar
Admins
As a note, Westar runs a Discord for eRegime's userbase. Send me a private message if you want the link.

There is also another, invite-only Discord that Sean_the_Red runs. Both are for eRegime and both are functionally the same in my eyes: a way for the community to keep in touch outside of eRegime. Send me a private message if you want access to the private Discord (all admissions have to voted on.)

Gyrocile
Member Avatar
Pleasantly fragrant
I hope not too many users were scared away by these issues we are facing :cry:
Sengoku Jidai
Posted Image Daimyō of the Shimazu Clan, Constable of Satsuma, Lord of Hyuga and Osumi, Descendant of the Minamoto - Shimazu Takahisa

Hapsburg Sim
Posted Image Emperor of Austria, King of Hungary, Bohemia, Croatia and other Imperial States - Franz Joseph I

Nations of A New World

Ismail
Member Avatar
Admins
Gyrocile
Jan 18 2018, 05:44 PM
I actually have three people who have expressed a willingness to join the forum after it is fixed.

Magenta
Member Avatar
User
Whyyyyyyyyy :aaa: yyyyyyyyyyyy
BOP2009: North Korea, (Kim Jong Il / Kim Jong Un)
WoT2: Egyptian Intelligence, Omar Suleiman
BOPXV: South Korea, President Kim Dae-jung

Ismail
Member Avatar
Admins
Ismail
Jan 18 2018, 07:17 PM
Gyrocile
I actually have three people who have expressed a willingness to join the forum after it is fixed.
This number has now risen to four people. :smug:

Gyrocile
Member Avatar
Pleasantly fragrant
Ismail
Jan 19 2018, 01:57 AM
Ismail
Jan 18 2018, 07:17 PM
Gyrocile
This number has now risen to four people. :smug:
Ah grand! What can we expect to be running once the forum is back up and running? You gonna begin Jonestown soon following the ending of BoP 09?
Sengoku Jidai

Hapsburg Sim

Nations of A New World

GM2009
Member Avatar

Gamemasters
We in the GM2009 team are already working on our next game, it will be BoP 1953 and will use a revised version of the BoP 2009 rules hopefully with several key upgrades. We will be actively soliciting feedback as soon as the forum is up and running so please get your views on 2009 ready. If you have any questions about how the game was run we will be happy to answer them as well at that time.
Edited by GM2009, Jan 19 2018, 07:50 AM.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon - BoP 2009

HeavyRed
Member Avatar
User
I still want to playyyyyyyyyyyy. Are there any open spots in the upcoming games? :mexico:
Poly and Sach's BoP 2009
Posted Image Felipe de Jesus Calderon Hinojosa, President of The United Mexican States
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Main Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply