Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Sengoku Era Movies; Do you like them?
Topic Started: Jun 7 2006, 07:25 PM (5,639 Views)
LoW
Member Avatar
Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Have you guys seen any movies related to Sengoku Era? I've only saw one and that's Azumi, which I bought today. I liked from that really much and I'll try to get sequel as soon as possible.

In the future, I try to get more movies related to Sengoku Era. Maybe I'll get Kagemusha next, which is about Shingen Takeda and his "shadow", who has to become Shingen so that enemy wouldn't find about his death. The movie takes place in Battle of Nagashino and historically Shingen was dead at that time and enemy knew that, but in the movie they don't. I also would like to see the three Musashi movies from mid 50s, there are three of them I think.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kensai Mamoru
The Breeze of Steel, Founder of the ACG
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've seen Kagemusha and the Shogun mini series's movie edition. Other than that, nothing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LoW
Member Avatar
Legend
So, is Kagemusha good at all? Is more like drama than war movie?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kensai Mamoru
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd say it's kinda balanced in those traits. And you get to see Nobunaga in it.^_^
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lord_Dragon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I just got Heaven and Earth movie. Its about the battles between Shingen and Kenshin.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rigochu
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
yeah, i have Kagemusha too..... theres not that much war in it, but it's still pretty good....

I heard the movie Shogun's Samurai is pretty good.... it takes place alittle after Sekigahara, but i heard it's still dman good.... im still looking 4 it myslef...

Also Ninja
i think thats the name... check the link...

And Owl's Castle!!

Heaven & earth Shingen vs Kenshin the movie.... havn't seen it neither... i havn't seen hardly any of these movies..... they are hard to find

*vanishes* :ph43r:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lord_Dragon
Try this site http://us.yesasia.com/en/Japanese/Videos.aspx
I got my Heaven&Earth movie from there.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LoW
Member Avatar
Legend
Stupid question, but are there any movies about Nobunaga? You could expect to have at least one movie from one of the most important character in Japan's history :o.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SlickSlicer
Unregistered

Lord of Wei
Jun 8 2006, 11:43 AM
Stupid question, but are there any movies about Nobunaga? You could expect to have at least one movie from one of the most important character in Japan's history :o.

There are a sh*tload of them. Nobunaga is one of the most popular figures that is portrayed on the bigscreen. Just look on google and you can probably find a bunch.
Goto Top

Rigochu
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Lord_Dragon
Jun 8 2006, 12:57 AM
Try this site http://us.yesasia.com/en/Japanese/Videos.aspx
I got my Heaven&Earth movie from there.

thanks... i will!!! :D

*edit*

found a good samurai movie site:

http://www.kurotokagigumi.com/

crazy movie about ninja: :ph43r: SARUTOBI SASUKE AND THE ARMY OF DARKNESS:

http://www.kurotokagigumi.com/video/sarutobi.wmv
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kensai Mamoru
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Seven Samurai isn't Sengoku, is it? I thought I heard that it was set prior to then, but if not then that's one more on my list. :mellow:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lord_Dragon
Kensai Mamoru
Jun 11 2006, 08:50 PM
The Seven Samurai isn't Sengoku, is it? I thought I heard that it was set prior to then, but if not then that's one more on my list. :mellow:

Im not sure but I think Seven Samurai is set in the Sengoku Era. But I do know that most of Akira Kuoshiwa movies are mostly Samurai.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LoW
Member Avatar
Legend
It takes place in 16th century, so I believe the events take place in Sengoku Era. I'm not sure though are there any important characters from Sengoku Era in the movie.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crazypete
Member Avatar
KW's Zhou Yu
oh man! they even have a movie about Musashi Miyamoto!..looks interesting..
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hondam
Member Avatar
Harbaugh So Hard
The Samurai trilogy about Musashi is pretty good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crazypete
Member Avatar
KW's Zhou Yu
ah so i'm guessing you have watched it...where did you watch it?.. did you buy the trilogy?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hondam
Member Avatar
Harbaugh So Hard
I bought it at a Barnes and Noble bookstore place.

If you want info about him, read the book Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa. Though alot is fictional, it's a good place to start.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crazypete
Member Avatar
KW's Zhou Yu
alright i'll use the advice you told me at the Musashi Miyamoto thread..
Offline Profile Goto Top

LoW
Member Avatar
Legend
crazypete
Jul 17 2006, 10:51 PM
oh man! they even have a movie about Musashi Miyamoto!..looks interesting..

Don't tell me that you seriously thought Japanese haven't made any movies from someone like Musashi >_>? Oh well... I thought there aren't any movies about Nobunaga :P.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eddie
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did a quick search to find you guys some movies, haven't seen any of them though so you'll have to watch them yourselves and then rate them ^_^

Samurai Banners: Original title "Furin Kazan". Produced in 1969 and about 2.5 hours long. Said to be good

Ran: Produced in 1985 and also about 2.5 hours long. Rated as a must see and should be during the 16th century

Offline Profile Goto Top

Sanguo
Member Avatar
The King of Fools
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I recently watched "Kagemusha". Great movie but I wasnt able to see the end! :angry:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lord_Dragon
I just found this on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Samurai_films

It has a list of Samurai films.
Offline Profile Goto Top

grinder ninja
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Don't now if this has been posted before but, 3 DVD PACK (the Toshiro Mifune collection - Mushashi films) which contains "Duel at Ganryu Island", "Duel at Ichijoji Temple" and "The Legend of Musashi"... they are pretty cool it is something about Musashis duels against some dudes, with none other than Kojiro Sasaki..., and also 'Ran' by Akira Kurosawa...
Offline Profile Goto Top

NinjaKasumi123
Member Avatar
Xiao Qiao's BodyGuard
[ *  *  *  * ]
All i know is Shinobi (Basilisk), Hanzo Hattori and Iesuya is in it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will
Member Avatar
God of Death in Gundam Wing
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I really think Capcom should make Devil king into a anime. It looks like Samurai Champloo and it looks great. Is there any movie or series that you recommend I don't think there is a series though
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.