Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nioh; KOEI-Tecmo's Dark Sengoku Action RPG by Team Ninja
Topic Started: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:02 am (50,087 Views)
Lord_Dragon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I not sure where the old topic is but here is some info on this game.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/734/734462p1.html

It has a relaese of next year for the PS3.

2016 Updates

- Worldwide release: February 9, 2017
- TGS 2016 Trailer:

Additional Info/Scans: http://famigeki.tumblr.com/post/150408189291/nioh

Click for Scans!!

Here's the Gamescom trailer.

2015 Updates

- Coming 2016, PS4 exclusive
- TGS 2015 Trailer:

NIOH is being developed as a “Dark Sengoku Action RPG.” The stage is set during the last years of the Sengoku period of Japan, with a blonde-haired protagonist with special powers named William Adams, who travels the lands.

Here are some notes from the interview (Source):

• Ni-Oh was originally developed as a launch title for the PlayStation 3.

• The focus was to push the action elements instead of focusing on the RPG parts.

• Koei Tecmo continued working on the game behind the scenes, even while hearing people say “you guys just announced it haven’t even made anything, right?”

• The game runs at 60fps.

• It was decided to make it into a console exclusive title as Koei Tecmo wish to be able to use the PlayStation 4’s quality to show the world more of Japan’s yokai culture.

• There will be giant yokai boss fights.

• Koei Tecmo are currently thinking of some kind of opportunity that will allow players to directly try out Ni-Oh before it releases.

• Famitsu magazine has a corner where fans can voice out their most anticipated games. Thanks to Ni-Oh being on it for the past 10 years, it gave Koei Tecmo the drive to continue developing the game without stopping.

Additional Info from TGS stage demo:

• The game is specifically designed for trial and error. Developers expect players to retry segments multiple times.

• William can swap between different weapons in real-time. He starts with the katana. Other weapons include a spear. Every weapon has their own traits to differentiate from the other.

• A stamina meter limits the number of actions that can be preformed at a time.

• Armor can be found and equipped. It customizes William's appearance.

• Spiritual energy drops from fallen foes. These spirits can fortify William.

• Shrines are scattered across the map. Players can access these points to level up William.

• If players are connected online, they can revive other fallen players.
Edited by Mr.Honda, Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:15 am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zyntax
Member Avatar
Master of the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ni-Oh is kinda "old", I heard from it almost two years ago, unfortunately they never showed somthing new about it, no new trailers or like that. ;)
But it looks really nice

KOEI Warriors
_root.admin

BTW, Ni-OH is back with the progress, KOEI is working on it now :)

Zyntax
Member Avatar
Master of the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
well thats some good news
I think this game is gonna be a good game :)

Sean
Member Avatar
Select a music!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I hate how at the end it profiled Koei as a company that knows only to release a hack 'n slash game over and over again with some modifications every single time!
Ni-Oh better be a damn good game and change the minds of those sh**ty people that think that their game ratings are better than any other gamer's ratings.

pink_hchan
Member Avatar
The Hope of the Battlefield
[ *  *  *  * ]
I haven't played Ni-Oh yet.

Sanguo
Member Avatar
The King of Fools
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Whats Ni-Oh? Is it some kind of Hack n Slash? And no I didnt look on the website!

Nouhime
Member Avatar
Dea Tacita
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
there's no website (to my knowledge...i'm pretty sure there isn't). No idea what type of game it is either.

Sanguo
Member Avatar
The King of Fools
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
By website Im talking about the one Dark Lord talked about.

Lord_Dragon
The website is IGN.com. It will probly be a hack-n-slash game. The setting it will take place in is unkown right but sometime drung Japan's past.

Sanguo
Member Avatar
The King of Fools
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
OK! Cool!

Obelisk
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
it looks pretty sweet but if its a next gen game its sure to be expensive butyeah it looks cool

Ayane.
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
i hope they spend forever making this game, the longer it takes to make the better the outcome :]

Lord_Dragon
The game has been in devoplement for awhile now. It was to come out next to a moive with the same name I think.

Orochimaru
Member Avatar
All War Is Deception - Sun Tzu
[ *  * ]
I heard about this on the Koei Forums too. Its a hack n slash game in Japan. It looks amazing, but I wish it was online with the 360 and not just exlusive for the PS3.

XenoShaun
Member Avatar
KOEI Warriors: Conqueror's Chairman
Ayane.
Nov 25 2006, 05:56 AM
i hope they spend forever making this game, the longer it takes to make the better the outcome :]

That doesn't always happen, they could quite easily keep working at it, and then release another somewhat poor game graphically, and gameplay wise.

XthemastaX
Member Avatar
Lu Bu's defeat has enraged Diaochan!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I saw the trailer of it and its gonna take a long time for a hack n' slash game to release next year i think

JPisBUDDHA
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
I watched the vid for this game and i would like to know more, but as of now i haven't seen or heard any new info for it yet.

XthemastaX
Member Avatar
Lu Bu's defeat has enraged Diaochan!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I haven't seen any updates in this game but its been a long time for koei making this game

Lord_Dragon
I cant remember where I read it but the game takes place in the 16 century in Japan.

KOEI Warriors
_root.admin

The game is still on the delay... Well there's so less news about it, looks like it's been developed really slow, well we'll see then!

KOEI has hack-n-slash Samurai Warriors and Capcom has hack-n-slash Sengoku BASARA, maybe this time it's time for KOEI to take the revenge, like Capcom has Onimusha, KOEI has Ni-OH!! :D

I seriously hope this is gonna be Action game like Onimusha one :P

KOEI Warriors
_root.admin

GoldenSummit
Dec 14 2006, 05:58 AM
Ayane.
Nov 25 2006, 05:56 AM

That doesn't always happen, they could quite easily keep working at it, and then release another somewhat poor game graphically, and gameplay wise.

GS was right. DW DS is the example on how crappy it is as it announced many years ago.

I'm not double posting btw I just found my previous post was like 3 months ago and well we'll see more of this game on this year Tokyo Game Show 07 or E3 if there is! :)

And I don't think this is a hack and slash type of game!

Look at the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIp9Nw5HHso

"Hair of blazing gold... eyes of deepest blue..."
"Driven by destiny, he travels to the ends of the earth"

So this is something like "The Last Samurai", a western warrior in Sengoku period.

necrosis
Member Avatar
シュマゴラス 無双
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This was so canned after the movie deal fell through....

Hondam
Member Avatar
Harbaugh So Hard
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So...no more Ni-Oh then?

Oh, and does anyone know that song in the promo vid/trailer?

XenoShaun
Member Avatar
KOEI Warriors: Conqueror's Chairman
Ni-Oh isn't canned. *cough*

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · KOEI Legends · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.