Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What's your favourite moveset type?
Normal 32 (25.8%)
Charge 62 (50%)
Special 30 (24.2%)
Total Votes: 124
Best Moveset?; Choose...
Topic Started: Oct 11 2006, 10:41 AM (4,798 Views)
LoW
Member Avatar
Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll go with Charge. I don't use Special attacks often and I prefer Charge attacks over basic attacks. Characters like Kotaro and Tadakatsu are really good with Charge.

Special and Normal aren't bad either though, but I think Charge moveset is the most powerful.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AcidKiss
Member Avatar
genocide nightmare
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I personally prefer charge attacks. They come in handy for late levels in survival mode, like Fuuma's charge 1 works wonders on hyper charged officers that won't budge unless struck with a charge attack. not to mention his special skill to roll during charges. Long live the Chaos Incarnate. :P
Enjoy life for what it is.
Posted Image

lmay19
Bundle of Crazy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I actually like Special the most. My best characters are all Special types, so there. I'll post more later.

LoW
Member Avatar
Legend
My favourite character Sakon Shima has Special too. It's really nice for him, because his Sepcial 2 (cover fire) is useful when fightning in large crowds.

But with characters like Mitsunari, I would like to see Charge instead of Special (I don't use mines that often, although they are quite effective).

Shizu
Member Avatar
「これ でも, 執事 デス ♥」
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Normal..like Ginchiyo, Oichi and Okuni...i just love it :)
combo/charge is not bad too...i love Musashi's movesets :D
Special...they're good for their special..but i dont really like their normal attack...just too...decent...but its good :)
Posted Image
BlogDeviantArt

NekoWarrior
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i like charge attacks most of all
Posted Image

Blue_Eyes_Oni
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Charge.

Special is also pretty good. And normal is just weak. But when fighting a character with normal moveset....it's just annoying. They just hit you with the square combo, and then you're dead. And it's impossible to do anything about it(unless you're Musashi or Keiji).

lmay19
Bundle of Crazy
Nobunaga, No, Shingen, Mitsunari, and Ina are like my best characters. Charge is second, Magoichi and Ranmaru are my best in that area. And normal is bleh, as it takes forever for some characters to go throught their Square strings just to unleash a decent charge, and when you finally do, it's usually not that great. My best normal fighters are Oichi and Mitsuhide.

Knux
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
I chose charge, only because of how it was presented in SW2 compared to the others. I would choose special if there weren't so many characters who had a near useless special.

No's bombs don't effect squat. The enemy has to be standing right on them for it to work. At least Mitsunari's bombs have a pretty good effect. Still, I'd like to see his special be something else. Magic, like Kenetsugu, perhaps. The ninjas, Kenetsugu, Sakon, and a few others have really good specials. On the other hand, some of them have really crappy specials. Like really, its historically believed that Nouhime was a Kunoichi (of the seductive sorts, but still one) so why not make her one in the game? Anyway...

I also like normal for some characters, such as Ginchiyo Tachibana. Man, her charge sequence clears so bad and with all of her charge options, you have pleanty of different ways to finish off your combo. And if you use her special 2, she attacks faster, making her combos even more deadly.

So I suppose it varies between characters. Still, in percentage, the charges work for the character more often.

lmay19
Bundle of Crazy
Kanetsugu has some damn crappy specials. And his moveset is weaker than it looks.

Knux
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Pumpernickel
Oct 11 2006, 11:35 PM
Kanetsugu has some damn crappy specials. And his moveset is weaker than it looks.

When fighting a hyper general, his moves come in handy. Time his special 2 right and you'll stun the general and make them move in slow motion, letting you execute a combo on him before he can do anything.

Also, his XXXYY charge attack clears like hell. Though I don't often use his Special 1, I have found myself using it to get by a horde of enemies while at low health and trying to get back on the safe side of the battlefield. He's fairly fast at attacking, and his few charge attacks are pretty powerful. I find him quite useful.

LoW
Member Avatar
Legend
You know... I thought Ma Chao is going to be the only one obsessed with honor and justice, but no. Now we have Kanetsugu as well >_>.

He is good character but aargh... I'm already sick of Ma Chao's honor and justice and now Kanetsugu is like that. Great job Koei <_<.

suntzuofzhou
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
kenshin and yoshiro are my favs and both use normal so i voted for that
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Hanzo:DIE
Okuni:ahh have i got you all tounge tied, your so tiny and cute
Hanzo:Huh?

jayk
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Special. Without a shadow of a doubt; normal would have to be my second because being able to do a string of twelve attacks is a great new feature unseen before in Dynasty or Samurai Warriors now. I do not like the charge movesets at all, okay you get to do many charge attacks which have immense power but actually you can't do many. You can only do a total of three normal attacks and then charges, I like to be able to utilize a six hit normal attack and then add a charge in at the end. You cannot do that with the people who actually grow with charge as their medium and I think that the normal growth is very advantageous to the charge.

However my reason for voting special is because I think all the right characters got it, there are some characters who got given normal movesets who I would certainly like to see special movesets and there are some people with charges who would be better off with normal growth; especially Tadakatsu Honda in my opinion. The growth movset is very good because you get a total of eight normal attacks (which is the same as the charge growth) but you can add charges up to (correct me if I am wrong) six hits?

The special moves are very good in my opinion, give or take maybe Mitsunari and No's because I do not use thier bombs much anyway because I see no real advantage but certainly Nobunaga has a very good charge attack and so does Nene. I based the decision nearly entirely on her but seriously, what isn't good about ebing able to pulverise the enemy with 4 Musashi Miyamotos at once? The only exception to my opinion is Ina and Magoichi who are extremely useful with the charge growth.
That's how I feel on the types of moveset growth in Samurai Warriors 2 anyway, I'd like to know if you have any comments on this and if you disagree then please say why; especially if your favourite type is normal because I think it's a very close second and I may be tempted to favour normal movesets more.
Posted Image
'Alea Iacta Est' with thanks to Blue_Eyes_Oni.

Kanetsugu Naoe
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Good question, most of the time I will usually use either charge or special attacks. There are some characters I have to use charge because characteer like Yukimura and Keiji dont have much good special moves. For instance Yukimura's special one dashes with a trail of flame, I didn't like that, plus I already have a Matsukaze saddle anyways, why bother calling for another horse, I dont usually need that skill anyways. Moving on, I either attack, charge, or special all the time, so thereforth I dont have a definite anwser for your question. B)

LoW
Member Avatar
Legend
Yeah, but if you happen to wander away from your horse, then Keiji's and Yukimura's Special 2 comes in handy >_>. That happens to me a lot when I start killing strong hyper general. Suddenly I note that my horse is at the other side of the map.

jayk
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
LoW
Oct 14 2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah, but if you happen to wander away from your horse, then Keiji's and Yukimura's Special 2 comes in handy >_>. That happens to me a lot when I start killing strong hyper general. Suddenly I note that my horse is at the other side of the map.

Same here, often I forget he has that skill and wander from my horse and I don't use it until the end of the satge. But when I do remember it comes in handy.
Posted Image

lmay19
Bundle of Crazy
Some special characters don't just have 2 additional charges. No's and Hanzo's C3 has 3 different charges to them.

LoW
Member Avatar
Legend
Do you know how Shingen's R+TT and R+TTT are different from his R+T attack? It always seems to cast Attack x2, Defense x2 or Speed x2 for 10 seconds, no matter which one you use.

bobsamurai
Member Avatar
Honor gains respect, respect earns power.
[ *  *  * ]
hard for me to choose. i was hoping that all of the moves would have that many diffrent moves with them so special i guess because that powers up your R1 too

MOLD
Member Avatar
Fire Attack, duh.
[ *  *  * ]
I think Charge is the most useful. It's the one that adds to the power of a normal attack. (I think) But, Lightning Element+Charge is really good. Especially with Mitsuhide's moves. I really like is Special though. He's got that lightning-fast-slash move that really kills rows of people (if you use it right).
Posted Image

The One Who Left Koei Warriors & Returned!

jayk
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
LoW
Oct 14 2006, 07:16 PM
Do you know how Shingen's R+TT and R+TTT are different from his R+T attack? It always seems to cast Attack x2, Defense x2 or Speed x2 for 10 seconds, no matter which one you use.

I'm also having this problem, though I have seen that using three triangles mainly gets attack, the two usually gets speed and one triangle is usually defence. In my experience anyway :P You get all three each time but the most occuring seems to be in that order.
Posted Image

Shika
Member Avatar
♥ Shang Xiang fan ♥
[ *  *  * ]
I hesitated between charge and special, but I hate some specials (NouHime / mistunari...) so I said charge. However, I love some specials, like the one of Ina, or Sakon.
Posted Image

Kanetsugu Naoe
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Mostly when I battle, I do use charge attacks to defeat my opponents. One of my favorite techniques to defeating opponents is using charged moves that are unblockable to the opponent such as Nagamasa, Oichi, Hideyoshi, and Mitsuhide. There are other characters that I do use their specialties a lot such as Nene, Hanzo, Kotaro, Sakon and more. Normal attacks I do use to strike my opponent though it is weak, still my favorites are charge and specials. :o

MOLD
Member Avatar
Fire Attack, duh.
[ *  *  * ]
Hm.... I actually like Mitsunari's Special (even though the officers dodge it most of the time). You just gotta time the explosions at the right time. I got really good with it and the officers don't stand a chance against Mitsunari! ^^
Posted Image

The One Who Left Koei Warriors & Returned!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Samurai Warriors Series · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2013. All rights reserved.