Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends [v1]; aka Sengoku Musou 2 Moushouden
Topic Started: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:07 am (146,072 Views)
superDioplus
Member Avatar
Condemned Red Spirit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Just this small image for now.

System: PS2
Japan Release Date: 23/08/2007
US (NTSC) Release Date: 18/03/2008
EU (PAL) Release Date: 28/03/2008

New Characters:
Gracia
Katsuie Shibata
Kojiro Sasaki
Motochika Chousokabe
Toshiie Maeda
Yoshimoto Imagawa

Discuss what you look forward to from the game here, also post any questions relating to the game here as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jsun
Member Avatar
KOEI Warriors Forever!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
YOU ARE GOD NOW DIO! But they need more characters than that. Still, whats the weapon going to be like for Toshiie and is Shibata holding an AXE? OMG, thats huge. Toshiie's weapon kinda looks like Keiji's. Kinda hard to make out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shogun
Member Avatar
~
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It really has been announced!!!! Thank you very much for sharing this Dioplus. I'm just glad that at least one of my character suggestions was added, and I never thought Katsuie would make it.

Oh, I almost forgot: Stickied
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jsun
Member Avatar
KOEI Warriors Forever!
I could have sworn that KOEI was going to make Musou Orochi the last Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors type game for the PS2. Apparently they are just going to stick with PS2 I guess or their just trying to up their revenue like they always do when they release XL games. Anyways, good news for KW fans. I can sleep better now too. I hope they add a CAW system in there as well. Not some crappy generic one like in SW2:Empires, but the one they had for DW5:Empires.
Offline Profile Goto Top

superDioplus
Member Avatar
Condemned Red Spirit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jsun
Jun 13 2007, 07:19 AM
YOU ARE GOD NOW DIO! But they need more characters than that. Still, whats the weapon going to be like for Toshiie and is Shibata holding an AXE? OMG, thats huge. Toshiie's weapon kinda looks like Keiji's. Kinda hard to make out.

Double spears plus blade and double axes. :D Say Toshiie is a spear expert, and they not only give him 2 spears, and 1 blade as well. :blink:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shogun
Member Avatar
~
I'm a little bit disappointed, I thought the next game would be for next-gen consoles like the PS3 and 360. Didn't Koei announce that Orochi was the last game for the PS2?
Offline Profile Goto Top

superDioplus
Member Avatar
Condemned Red Spirit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shogun
Jun 13 2007, 07:43 AM
I'm a little bit disappointed, I thought the next game would be for next-gen consoles like the PS3 and 360. Didn't Koei announce that Orochi was the last game for the PS2?

It's good to have PS2 users' support you know. ^_^
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jsun
Member Avatar
KOEI Warriors Forever!
I'm glad cause now I have another reason not to buy my PS3. I shouldn't have reserved Bladestorm and Fatal Inertia at Gamestop :(

Wow on the Double weapons part. Sounds like KOEI is making more Pang De/Lu Xun clones for SW games. Can't wait to see the next Samurai they add with 3 weapons. A sword in both hands and one in the mouth. Kinda like Zolo from One Piece. Sigh, I'm now too worked up about this to goto sleep.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shogun
Member Avatar
~
I never thought that Katsuie would be the ''Dian Wei'' of SW, everyone did expect Toshiie as a new character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lizaveta Vath
Member Avatar
The Ideal girl in London from France
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
WOW really! DAMN IT it's a so cool and there is new characters YAY :P :P :P Toshiie's weapon looks cool, I hope they would add new 2nd outfits and MATSU MAEDA :wub: lol anyway :P I'm very happy of this news
Offline Profile Goto Top

LittleDragonZ
Member Avatar
ReVeluv

Awesome! superDioplus if you were a woman I would kiss you right now! Lol so they've decided to give Katsuie another weapon heh, so they must of heard of all the rumours about him and Koijiro being too generic.

This is very good news. :D

Edit: I've spreaded the news around all the forums already lol. So everyone will be hyped in the next few days. Gave credit to you at Koei as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SRS
Member Avatar
Master of the War Trident

Katsuie with TWO BIG FYCKING AXES!?

Holy crap, Koei.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LittleDragonZ
Member Avatar
ReVeluv

Sengoku Robo Samuraioh
Jun 13 2007, 09:37 AM
Katsuie with TWO BIG FYCKING AXES!?

Holy crap, Koei.

Lol its about time someone wields an axe or two because Dian Wei's starting to feel a bit lonely.

My guess is that Kojiro is going to get one hell of a sweet sword. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Unexpected, indeed. This time, the schedule got reversed. Empires first, then XL.

And it's for PS2! w00t

Wonder if Kojirou will be playable as well. And whether they bring back Yoshimoto, Goemon and Kennyo... (this is getting too much hopes, please ignore that last sentence)
Offline Profile Goto Top

LittleDragonZ
Member Avatar
ReVeluv

BlackKite
Jun 13 2007, 09:42 AM
Unexpected, indeed. This time, the schedule got reversed. Empires first, then XL.

And it's for PS2! w00t

Wonder if Kojirou will be playable as well. And whether they bring back Yoshimoto, Goemon and Kennyo... (this is getting too much hopes, please ignore that last sentence)

Empires has always been the better seller compared to Xtreme Legends so I assume thats why? And then they probably thought, why not?

This is the only game I am slightly interested in because Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, Bladestorm etc don't interest me in the slightest. So I'm really glad they are working on this. Though I would of much preferred Dynasty Warriors 6 news.

And in other words, Musou Orochi is not going to be the last so that was a lie! Yay? :)

Oh and superDioplus now that your here PM Chin and tell him of the news. So he can update the news.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shogun
Member Avatar
~
I can't wait, I really hope Kennyo is playable too. I can't wait to play as Toshiie.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SRS
Member Avatar

I hope they do at least four characters like SWXL. So Katsuie and Kojiro as returns, and Toshiie and probably a female as brand new characters.

Maybe Matsu!?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shogun
Member Avatar
~
There's just one question, how can those who have the 360 load the original SW2 data into this game?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tenkoshiro
Member Avatar
Curiouser and Curiouser
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Finally, i was thinking something like this isn't gonna come out
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Shogun
Jun 13 2007, 04:59 PM
There's just one question, how can those who have the 360 load the original SW2 data into this game?

AFAIK, no XLs exist for XBox.

At least from what I've seen at Gamefaqs, there are no DW:XLs nor SWXL for XBox.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TinyCaterpillar
Member Avatar
Drifting Butterfly
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is great! I'll be really looking forward to this. Thanks very much, superDioplus. You've really brightened my day. ^_^ Side note: They had damn well better have Kojiro in it.(I know they will) His weapon's gonna be awesome. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shogun
Member Avatar
~
BlackKite
Jun 13 2007, 10:03 AM
Shogun
Jun 13 2007, 04:59 PM

AFAIK, no XLs exist for XBox.

At least from what I've seen at Gamefaqs, there are no DW:XLs nor SWXL for XBox.

Not exactly, DW4XL came out on the Xbox. But the point is, there's not much point on releasing it on the PS2, since Orochi was announced ''the last game on the PS2.'' How would Koei gain more fans? Or is this just a game to keep us busy for the next Koei games that are being released for next-gen consoles?
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Shogun
Jun 13 2007, 05:15 PM
Not exactly, DW4XL came out on the Xbox.

It did? Then why didn't I see a Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends or a Shin Sangoku Musou 3 Moushouden at GameFAQs list? :mellow:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SRS
Member Avatar

IIRC, Koei doesn't actually consider XLs to be "separate" games from their originals. They ARE essentially expansion packs afterall.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shogun
Member Avatar
~
BlackKite
Jun 13 2007, 10:19 AM
Shogun
Jun 13 2007, 05:15 PM
Not exactly, DW4XL came out on the Xbox.

It did? Then why didn't I see a Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends or a Shin Sangoku Musou 3 Moushouden at GameFAQs list? :mellow:

Hmm, your right. My mistake, but it's still a disappointment. Koei should start releasing games on next-gen consoles, and maybe along with the PS2 to keep that much fans.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.