Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What is your favorite DW2 Stage
Yellow Turban Rebellion 20 (25.3%)
Hu Lao Gate 15 (19%)
Chang Ban 7 (8.9%)
Chi Bi 8 (10.1%)
He Fei 9 (11.4%)
Yi Ling 7 (8.9%)
Wu Zhang Plains 13 (16.5%)
Total Votes: 79
Favorite DW2 Stage; Vote for the best
Topic Started: Dec 14 2007, 05:03 AM (1,661 Views)
Dabigbozz
Member Avatar
The Epitome of All Your Sin
[ * ]
I keep hearing from people how great the stage designs in DW2 are, so I'm curious as to what everyone thinks the best stage in it id. I haven't spent enough time playing the game to tell for sure my favorite, but I like YTR a lot.
Do not underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers...They become a pain in the a** on chaos.<br><iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/Dabigbozz42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

the glorious sun jian
Member Avatar
IT IS TIME TO CUT DONG ZHOU,S HEAD and DRINK IT,S BLOOD
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
He Fei and Yi Ling are very good .... even better than the ones in the later DW

Sanada
Member Avatar
Returned Master of Mellows
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I can't deside between He Fei, Hu Lao and Yi Ling...

probably Hu Lao, that has to have been the best Hu Lao stage. Lu Bu wasn't a big challenge, but the stage itself was definatly the best yet by far.
Posted Image
Sig and Ava by G.O.W.

KW Wife: XiaoChan
Posted ImagePosted Image
Youtube

ShinSoku
Member Avatar
-= The God of Speed =-
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've always remembered how Chang Ban looked, even though the last time I've played DW2 was 4 years ago. It was the last stage I played in that game so it's gotta be my favorite.
Posted Image
Props to Astus for the sig and avatar!
KW Family
Father - LittleDragonZ

Dabigbozz
Member Avatar
The Epitome of All Your Sin
[ * ]
Sanada
Dec 14 2007, 07:56 PM
probably Hu Lao, that has to have been the best Hu Lao stage. Lu Bu wasn't a big challenge, but the stage itself was definatly the best yet by far.

Funny, I personally hate that stage, all the corridors and how much time you spend running back and forth, and then when Yuan Shao gets ambushed and is to much of a wimp to defend himself from a few grunts; IMO ;)
Do not underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers...They become a pain in the a** on chaos.<br><iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/Dabigbozz42.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>

superDioplus
Member Avatar
Condemned Red Spirit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For me I liked Guan Du' Yellow Turban, Yi Ling, Wu Zhang Plains.
Hangeki no Noroshi

Vante
Member Avatar
Dark Knight
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hu Lao Gate, and Chang Ban were the best or me. First battle I ever played with my first game was Hu Lao. Though playing Chang Ban was very hard with the Shu Force.
GAME OVER, MAN! GAME OVER. Retry? What? You expected a flashy signature or something? Foolishness, user, foolishness.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Aygor
Member Avatar
zhaoyun619
[ *  *  *  * ]
my first DW game!! i love it!!
my favourite stage s definetly chang ban, i still think its better than lots of stages from DW5 ( no offense i love the fifth too)
and the place you were set in shu side with any officer was strategically perfect
i like a lot also guan du, yuan shao's side
分久必合,合久必分

SnowMan
Member Avatar
Say my name, bitches!
The Yellow Turban Rebellion. It's 1 of the only 2 battles that I can still go back and play. I just liked how big the map was.
"The path of the warrior is not an individual one. He is only one portion of the greater purpose."
Posted Image
"He must conquer his ego. He must have strength. His duty is to guide events towards the stated goal."

Xu Huang's Lifetime Stats:
Wishlist (Condensed Version):

Jasonic
Member Avatar
Justice!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It seems the poll is missing Guan Du which was a really good stage.

But my favorite was Chang Ban. It was awesome, I personally didnt feel a need of rush and if you are Shu, then you have to beat Cao Cao. And it starts out with Xu Zhu and Dian Wei, that you have to fight. And a lot of your troops seemed to get eliminated, which was good cause it made it harder and its fun to take on Cao Cao's troops by yourself.
Please check out my movie reviews blog

Boyue
Soldier
[ * ]
Yellow Turban Rebellion, Guan Du, Chang Ban and He Fei for me. Both Guan Du and YTR are the best versions in any DW games I think. Chang Ban and He Fei were also great and challenging stages. I can still go back and play these stages for fun (although it's been a long time since I did it last

Sjud
Member Avatar

SnowMan
Aug 22 2008, 10:06 PM
The Yellow Turban Rebellion. It's 1 of the only 2 battles that I can still go back and play. I just liked how big the map was.
Same here. It's the only stage I actually enjoy playing.
Posted Image

Travman1
Sergeant
[ * ]
HEI FEI for sure!

D_W_Fan
Sergeant
[ * ]
Yellow Turban Rebellion was awesome. It felt so big at the time.

a0002073
Sergeant
[ * ]
Hu Lao Gate!!
because of Lu Bu!!!

Paulinos
Member Avatar

[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I 've voted for Hu Lao Gate. It was such great stage, but also I love played in Yellow Turban Rebellion :D

Double R
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
Definitely the Yellow Turban Rebellion. Loved the design for the end of the stage, where you had those stairs to climb to get to Zhang Jiao. Best design for that stage in the DW series, I believe.
Posted Image
"The Second Amendment says we have the right to bear arms, not to bear artillery."-Robin Williams

Tuo Masi
Member Avatar
Buggy's the Shizzle
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree that The Yellow Turban rebellion was the nicest stage to play in Because of the number of enemies, the hard wind and the line of archers, and the falling boulders.

Hu lao gate is the second, Because I love to hear and to see a big group of soldiers who are coming to you through the mist/fog and not forget the awesome battles in the gates of hu lao en fan shui.

ahhh :lol: the nice memories

TRyZz

Posted Image
Maluku

Sokudukeh
Member Avatar
° Rough-and-tumble °
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hu Lao Gate, He Fei and Wu Zhang Plains for me (:

ZombieDesu13
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
everything except for chang ban
Avatar by BeforeIDecay1996, many thanks!
Posted Image
Posted Image
X YouTube X Twitter X Tumblr X

Spoiler: click to toggle

Yawnier
Member Avatar
Official lackey of Xuan Zhongda
[ *  *  * ]
Gah, all of the stages in DW2 were really, really good.

It's a tie for me between the Yellow Turban Rebellion and Hu Lao Gate. Both were immense and huge maps with so many enemies.

GAN NING 125
Member Avatar
Wu's Resident Pirate.
[ *  * ]
Yellow Turban Rebellion was amazing on DW2. i also loved Hu Lao Gate and He Fei.

Bowka
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
For me it HAS to be Guan Du,
but i think that these stages were the best to be released to this day,
lets see if DW7 stages are any good, as i loved DW2 stages :) :) :)

Quote:

"Alas, Liu Zhang and I share the same ancestor. If i attacked him, I would be reviled and repudiated by all."

Liu Xuande (Bei) talking to Zhang Song from the Riverlands...
Zhang Song's reply:
Quote:

"A man of noble ambition."

This is so true...

Paragon of Light
Member Avatar
The Comeback King
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ah the good times I had with this game. This is probably one where all stagfes were exceptionally great. The ytr, hulao, yiling. My fav though is wuzhang plains. Just have how the river splits your forces and how few checkpoints shu gets.
http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/directory/Pronunciation (For those wondering about dw7 pronunciations)

Jin wishlist:
The virtuous pious man more so than Liu Bei Yang Hu
The zuozhuan addict Du Yu
Unifer and Sex addict Sima Yan as the last one

Yang Hu biography( http://steve8988.homestead.com/files/sgz/yang_hu.pdf )

Willing to join any koei family any takers :D anyone?????? guess not :(

My Tumblr

Ace of Spades
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
I love them all. I have to say, HLG is my least favourite followed by YTR after playing them so many times. HLG had so many gates which was annoying.

I voted for He Fei seeing as I do like the stage but I like Chi Bi a lot as well (providing horses were allowed it would be better!), Guan Du, Yi Ling and Wu Zhang Plains. I know I'm saying 5/7 are good... but the music on them and the amount of enemies were good for all of them.
Wishlist:
Shu: Liao Hua, Guan Xing, Zhang Bao
Wei: Yu Jin, Yue Jin, Cao Hong, Li Dian
Wu: Cheng Pu, Han Dang

Huge fan of Dynasty Warriors, but becoming a bit frustrated with how the game is being developed these days. Dynasty Warriors 2, 3 & 5 are the best in my opinion.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Stage Specific Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2013. All rights reserved.