Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dynasty Warriors 6 Modification for PC Guide
Topic Started: Aug 23 2008, 12:02 AM (41,709 Views)
Soray><
Member Avatar
Mommy , Can I have more teddy bears pretty pretty please?
[ *  * ]
Sorry Consoles owner , but this guide is only for PC. Before you start make sure that you have at least DW6 ( Shin Sangoku Musou 5 ) install in your computer , If not then this guide is total useless. ok , Let's Begin

The modifications can find it here

Link : http://rapidshare.com/files/138896916/Shin..._5_Mod.zip.html
( Now I hope admins can upload files in the site)

After you download it make sure to change in any folders , DO NOT extract unless you haven't change the following setting. Note that this program need to switch to Chinese PRC in order to make the program Run. Sorry , My computer is Chinese Tradition.. So you might have a pain to follow.

First Go to Control Room
Posted Image

select Region code & Language and then double click it
Posted Image

It should bring up like this.
Posted Image

Now go to Advanced option and change your Unicode to "Chinese PRC " and then hit ok
Posted Image

and now Windows XP will ask you IF you want to overwrite from the Current exist file in your program file , If you do not have Chinese PRC , Then insert your Windows XP Multi-language CD into your hardrive.
Posted Image

Then a Window will promoted you to restart your computer in order to able to read Chinese PRC. So Hit restart to make sure the program will work.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Soray><
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Movesets modifications

Now depends where did you save your files. In my Case I saved it in F:\PC games\Shin Sangoku Musou 5

You will see the winrar here.
Posted Image

now extract them you will see something like this , I circled them just to make sure that everyone see them. Movesets change ( Blue ) , Others change ( Red )
Posted Image

Now I will explain the REAL pain so make sure you follow!
MAKE SURE THAT the movesets program is in your DW6 folders , otherwise it won't work!

Open the Movesets change program , it should be bring out like this
Posted Image

The left side will be the character that you wish to change the movesets ( Red ) and the right side will be by using which character's movesets ( Blue ). Just a thing thought I will list all the characters so that you will not getting confuse. I will marked * insert name * to tell you the clone characters , It will be showing as << insert name >>
( From Top to Bottom ) Xiaohou Dun , Dian Wei , Sima Yi , Zhang Liao , Cao Cao ,
Zhou Yu , Lu Xun , *Sun Shang Xiang* , Gan Ning , Sun Jian , Zhao Yun , Guan Yu , Zhang Fei , Zhuge Liang , Liu Bei , *Diao Chan* , Lu Bu , *Xu Zhu* , * Xiahou Yuan * , * Xu Huang * , * Zhang He * , * Cao Ren * , * Cao Pi * , * Taichi Ci * , * Lu Meng* , * Huang Gai * , * Zhou Tai * , * Ling Tong * , * Sun Ce * , * Sun Quan * , * Ma Chao * , * Huang Zhong * , * Wei Yan * , * Guan Ping * , * Pang Tong * ,
*Dong Zhuo * , * Yuan Shao * , * Zhang Jiao * , * Zhen Ji * , Xiao Qiao , * Yue Ying *

Well , The next step will be easy enought , just drag someone that you wish to change. for me it will be....

Change Diao Chan's Moveset to Zhao Yun's. The middle things is confirm button once you hit it might be take time. but please be patient :P
Posted Image

now let's see If it work....

A. If is succeed you will See Diao Chan hold her weapon and her movesets will be like Zhao Yun.
Posted Image

B. If it's Fail , Then the character will still be her or his movesets. Example Cloned character CANNOT use Clone character's movesets! a perfect example Zhang He change to Zhen Ji or Diao Chan's Movesets.
Posted Image

C. Sometimes If you're wondering about , why the game crash before you start. means that some declone characters cannot use declone character's movesets. Example like If you want Guan Yu change his movesets to Xiao Qiao , Then The Game will be crash!!

Now we will move to the others change.

Soray><
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Other Modifications

From now on , The real Pain starts here. Remember the folder that I Highlight in red? open it you should see something like this.
Posted Image

Click the icon that looks like SM5.
Posted Image

It will be pop up like this windows hit confirm
Posted Image

and after that a window will appear , and not to confuse anyone again , I will use colors to highlight them.
Posted Image

Red= The destination that your SM5 Install
Blue= SM5 Save Data destination
Sky Blue = Browse
Orange = select a character that will appear ( like Xiao Qiao at the bottom right )
Black= this is the transparent level
Brown : Auto Detect SM5 Folder
Orange : Reset
Purple : Save

now right click the little Icon in your destop , usually in the bottom right along with other small icon ( Extremely small )
Posted Image

It will then bring out these , again Use colors to help for those people who don't understand
Posted Image

Blue= modified characters
Red=modified horses
Green= Modified character's costumes
Purple=modified setting
Black= Modified Stage
Grey= Change current setting
Orange = About
Purple = Minimize
Sky Blue = Exit the program.

I will start by the First one , Click the modified characters section and it will bring up this.
Posted Image

Red = (from top to bottom) Characters , Free mode avaible , Musou Mode Avaiable & Clear
Blue = The Current Level of your character , how many enemy defeat , total points that he/she earn & Ranks
Brown= Which character's weapon is current using by this character ( IMPORTANT!)
Purple = Current Weapon Slots
Green = weapon type , Elemental , and add how many attack ( example if you type 20 then character's weapon will be 60+20 )
Sky Blue= ability of the weapon
Orange = all ability avaiable ( NOT RECOMMENDED ) If you doing this before your character reach level 50 then congrats It will be stack in the learn ability section
Another sky blue= All movies of that character avaiable.
Grey = confirm to change

Now to the modified the Horse setting
Posted Image

Red= abilities of the horse.
Blue = The current slot of your horse
Purple = name of the horse , description , Rank & Elemental
Green = The Current points , Speed , Attack , Jump...etc...You can change to 500 for those , It won't change after the horse level up
Orange = Confirm
* Below the blue colors are the avatar of your horse , click the right side of the horse you will this *

Posted Image

Between , there's a problem with this. Is that If you choose any avatar , example Red Hareness , once it level up , the color will be change so how to solve this? just max the current level of your horse and then change the avatar of your horse later

Soray><
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Pictures & Stages Modified

Remember the green thing I Highlight? Now it's Time to take a look. now select it the menu should bring up like this...
Posted Image

Left click and it will show up the number. in that case go to 210 ( Zhen Ji's First outfit ) and you will see these.
Posted Image

If you want to change her current costumes, click the buttons that I highlight in Blue ( Open )
Posted Image

Open will take you to the picture center , in that case only BMP , PNG & DDS is avaiable. Make sure that is the character's outfits! If not then this game will crash! and please make sure the Number is correspondant with this character!! once you open it you will hear a sound , that mean is ready to go!

I will Jump the next one so I will go to modified stage settings for those who...are lazy...

Open it and you will see a windows like this
Posted Image

Sky Blue= If the Stage is avaiable or not
Red : Total K.O. Count , highest point learn , Fastest Clear Time.
Green = Confirm Change

Make sure the stage is always AVAIABLE! after you check the square thing MAKE SURE TO HIT CONFIRM Otherwise. It won't appear in the game!!!!

Soray><
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
If you have problem , or anything , ask me or type reply , I will be answer. That's it for the guide. oof...I am beat.

Raiko Z
Member Avatar
Chump Crusher
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
awesome! I'm impressed with your knowledge and guide. Could you post some of modified game pics??

The Flash
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
Just asking, it's possible to extract LINKDATA.BIN?

Ziel Army
Member Avatar
The Conqueror of the Nusantara
[ *  *  * ]
@ Soray><:I wear Windows XP English version, of DW5 mod using the English language as well?

bojack13
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Good news, in case anyone still cares. The second program works with the english version. I managed to unlock all the characters and stages. Now I don't have to go through a bunch of bs just to play the characters and stages I like :)

I'll let you guys know if the character modification still works. Most of the pictures in this guide are gone and that Chinese site that the hacks come from don't allow the use of any site translators anymore so it's gonna be a pain in the ass.
Edited by bojack13, Jan 15 2009, 12:17 AM.

kagami-kurayami
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
:)

Manji
Member Avatar
Only Sima Yi can look 24 and have two teenage sons
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
kagami-kurayami
Feb 22 2009, 12:05 AM
:)
Please don't post using just a lone smilie, that's really unnecessary. Unless you want to voice an actual thought or opinion using words, then please, do not bother.

You might want over to look the KW Forum Rules, especially the SPAM section (RULE #1):
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/boardrules/

Thanks!

stingertomlam
Sergeant
[ * ]
This would be really cool if only I could read Chinese....

ssx2721
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
soray pLs Answer This do this work at the english version of dyanasty warriors 6 cause i only got the eng ver and do this work at a english comnputer

yup4g
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
can you reupload in mediafire please :/

miruss89
Soldier
[ * ]
the moveset program didnt work with the english version of DW6

Frostblaze
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Is there guide for DW 6 (PC)? :blush: I want to know how to do to unlock 6 rare horses. I searched guides for PC but I found out guides for PS2 and PS3. These guides aren't work in PC. :(

Yuno
Member Avatar
Don't Touch Yukkii
[ * ]
Other Link Please :)

Shioriko
Soldier
[ * ]
sorry, is it possible to change/use weapon from other characters?
like lu bu using zhao yun's spear? :/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Dynasty Warriors Series Guides · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.