Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How did you Find out About Sengoku BASARA?
Topic Started: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:31 pm (5,547 Views)
Ultimate Legend
Member Avatar
Keeping it Cool.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As the topic states, when did you find out about the BASARA series?

It's ben quite a while so I'm not sure if I remember, but I think I saw some videos on YT. I think Devil Kings 2?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matsunaga Hisahide
Member Avatar
Eyes of the devil, smile of a winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was looking for Dynasty Warriors(don´t remember which DW) when I stumbled upon Devil Kings. It had CAPCOM on it, said it was from the makers of Devil May Cry and it was a Hack´n Slash game. I thought that Chaos Legion wasn´t that bad...so I thought if CAPCOM is giving it a try again, I´ll give it a try too.

Well I was happy with what I got(not knowing at first that there was SB out there, which had Misuhide as a playable character...I was so pissed when I heard that he´s playable in SB <_< )

Well and I soon fell in love (further growing of course with SB2). I hope SB:SH makes it right this time(though Devil Kings did one thing right: Hard mode was really hard, even with a maxed out character. And that´s what a hard mode is for, challenging those who are up for the challenge -_- )

So well the point is: Thanks to Devilkings, I got to know Sengoku BASARA. :D

Claus
Member Avatar
old hag
I was surfing on youtube, and i saw this vid, im not sure what exactly it was called, but it was sometihng like "4000+ combo with Ranmaru" easy enough, right? but at the time i was really impressed, after some reasearch i learned DK came out about 4 months earlier, so i bought it, and i just loved it!

Jonathan Joestar
Member Avatar
Hamon User.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I play the Dinasty warriors games for a time and then suddenly i see this DEvil King game of capcom...and see it's was very similar and i buy it.....and i haven't stoped since then!!!!

Manta Punk
Member Avatar
Ex-Admiral
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, my first run in with BASARA happened when I stumbled upon Tsuchibayashi's art work. I was entraced by some of his designs, most notably, the two Motos. So I did a bit of reasearch and watched some gameplay videos of SB2 and as soon as I saw Aniki "surfing" on his anchor and the crazy number of combo hits you could pull off, I was sold.

My only problem was that I couldn't play it on my English PS2. So, after a failed attempt of trying to get 'Swap Magic' to work, I was lulling over wether I should just import a Japanese PS2. At first I was a little iffy on importing a console for just one game, but I also wanted 'One Piece: Grand Battle Rush' so I just decided to import. I'm really happy I did as my JP PS2 has supplied me with a lot of decent games. SB2:H being the top of the crop.

Nine Demons Yoshitaka
Member Avatar
Old men aficionado
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A friend of mine (big fan of DW and SW) talked to me about this game, so I got hold of it for when he'd come to sleep over at my house...

I LOVE scrolling beat'em ups, and this game is the closest thing resembling them I played in recent years (with God Hand and FF Streetwise, I guess), so I was more than hooked....

This was the summer of 2007, and until august 2008 I didn't play anything but SB2 and SB2H.

Funny thing is, I didn't know anything about the Sengoku period at that moment...Basara got me hooked to that too!

Hondam
Member Avatar
Harbaugh So Hard
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Way back in 05 whenever the first game was announced. Followed the site from the first update to the last with some other KWers here, and imported the game as soon as it was released. Ahh those were the days...

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Me too, it's back then in 2005 when I found the first Famitsu scan of SB1. The Tsuchibayashi art & stylish gameplay pics were what quickly make me like the series.

Heck, the reason why I joined KW was because there's also a SB section inside. :hehe:

Astus
Member Avatar

First heard of it when it was in under the Devil King moniker here.
Tried it out and hated it. It made little sense and seemed to pale in comparison to the SW games which were not that shiny to begin with. Afterwards I heard that it was originally entitled Sengoku Basara and I pondered why Capcom saw it necessary to butcher it. Needless to say, I'm quite happy about SB3 making it to Western shores in its original form.

Crimsondramon
Member Avatar
Your soul is weighed down by gravity
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
KW+BlackKite :lol:

It's an awesome game! Didn't ever regret not buying the game. Musou fans should try SB:SH when its localised :hehe:

RTsharpshooter
Member Avatar
Pay close attention! This is justice REBORN!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Was looking for weapon guide videos for Samurai Warriors 2 when I saw a video on the sidebar that was "Kotaro vs. Masamune" or something, and I was quite intrigued by this game, despite not understanding a word of it, or "who's that guy who looks exactly like Koei's Sakon Shima?"
Then there was a Sekigahara video using Masamune's PI, and I was like "Holy CRAP! SIX SWORDS?!?!"

I looked it up on Wikipedia and was shocked when it directed me to the "Devil Kings" page (the only memory I had of DK at that point was a review of it that was on X-Play years ago).

I later imported Basara 2 and SB2H and was very very happy :D

~in3vitableTIMING~
Member Avatar
"Thanks Partner" - Sheva Alomar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was looking for news on sengoku musou 2 I remember my friends saying "they wont make a second one DW is better" and with my heart slowly sinking i searched IGN for "sengoku musou" and BANG.... Devil kings and seeing the character show case my jaw drops I think it was masamune's six swords and nobunaga's cape that threw me I knew that even if they did make another sengoku musou Devil kings is going to kick A$$.

Sun and Steel
Member Avatar
Sun Tzu marched two of every animal onto the ark, then he beat the crap out of every last one.
[ *  *  *  * ]
I had a holiday in Japan back in '05 and picked up a JP PS2 while I was there. There was a bit of a publicity campaign for the original Basara with vids and what not in the stores and I was lucky enough that it came out the day I was flying back, just enough time to pop into the local game store. :D

French Overlord
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
was browsing youtube to check how to get some item in WO2 then i saw in the related "sengoku basara OP" knowing that SW was sengoku musou or something in japanese i clicked on it cause it had sengoku and then my brain explode because of the awesomeness show in front of me o.o

aya_aya
Member Avatar
真 美景
[ *  *  * ]
I found a Keiji Maeda picture, but then I noticed that the Keiji Maeda from Samurai Warriors wasn't...as good looking as the one I found. Finally on youtube I found the basara videos for his characters and got into the series.

Watchtower
Member Avatar
A True Musou Star
[ *  *  *  * ]
Was surfing the Web (saying that because I wasn't exactly on Youtube), looking up some Samurai Warriors stuff in order to get a better understanding of the SW characters in Warriors Orochi, and I ran into a Wiki article describing the two games. My interest didn't peak until just a couple of weeks ago, when I saw here that it was coming to America. I go onto Youtube to do some research, and I'm hooked.

Minnja
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Saw the game mentioned in a Warriors Orochi topic in a game forum and then eventually led to this site. Is there any chance this game comes to XBOX360 because it looks sick. Masamune is my favorite character in WO/SW and he looks like a badass in this game.

Ryu
Member Avatar
Delusions of Grandeur
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was on the official koei website when I came across a video of sengoku basara 3 so the next day I looked for sengoku basara 1-2 and tried them out and I loved it.

murakumo
Member Avatar
Light It Up
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I saw a picture of Date Masamune when I was looking for characters voiced by Kazuya Nakai. I thought he looked cool, and that led me to the anime (which was airing at the time). I didn't watch it straight away, but then I heard about the games, looked them up along with all the historical information and finally decided to watch the anime after all. I was hooked first episode, and that was it :P

Flashbang Incentive
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Well, I was looking in IGN. I wanted to see what scores some of my favorite games got. I searched of DK. This was in October '09, I believe. (DK got a 5/10 btw, lol) And I saw these related games called Sengoku BASARA. So, I was like, "Whoa! Is this like, the sequel to DK?" So I searched it up on Youtube. I saw SB3. Jaw-dropping. I had only played SW and DW and DK, so this type of gameplay was awesome. The most high-quality gameplay videos came from KoeiWarriorsMEDIA on Youtube. The description kept telling me to check out their site. I did. Saw the forum. I was so happy when I saw that there was an SB section. I read the posts for a few months, then I joined!

Beihu
Member Avatar
( ノ`Д´)ノ~┻━━┻
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was originally looking up Date Masamune(lol pictures, was adding to my collection) and I found the BASARA version when I was looking for the SW version, then I looked up other warriors, then watched a few vids on youtube. I got into the anime and then I was hooked(yep, anime came first, then I got one of the versions from the two series(doesn't work now :sad: ))
Edited by Beihu, Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:58 pm.

Beards
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
5 years ago, I bought Devil Kings at the last day of my vacation in Iceland. I spent my last few of the Icelandic money on that game(since exchanging it back to Euro was pretty much pointless), and brought it home. After playing, I searched for some faqs online, because leveling was pretty hard. Then I found out that this game's origin is Sengoku BASARA. It also became clear that Sengoku BASARA was the much better version, and since this year, I've gotten myself Sengoku BASARA 2 from Japan.

Mibu Kyoshiro
Member Avatar
Awesome!
Back in the day[2005],when DMC1 and 2 were p1ss poorly advertised in my country[one of the reasons I didn't immidiatelly jump into the DMC series],Devil Kings was also advertised by the local gaming mags,but poorly.When DK was out[2006] I decided to check it out.I just saw the back of the package at my local gaming shop at the time and I didn't find it impressive[bad and unstylish screenshots.No,seriously!] so I decided to let it go.

During my bro's birthday in 2006,he decided to get DMC 3.I had serious doubts[despite seeing the Capcom logo],but when we got to play it,we were left awestruck at it's awesomeness.

Several months later[2007] I stambled by accident at this site while searching for more DMC3 stuff.Being a huge fan of Samurai Warriors,I decided to check it out.While looking I saw the "Devil Kings/Sengoku Basara" section.I decided to check it up.

Looking at the art,I was unimpressed a bit but after looking at it closely I discovered that it was based around the Sengoku Period,Masamune was in,better than ever and it was made by Capcom[Didn't hate it back in the day],by the makers of DMC3.And since then,I've been into BASARA.And into japanese gaming. ^_^

Kinda long story,huh.And it didn't hapen that fast either.But as they say : "better late than ever." :)

Edit : It wasn't until a year later that I bought my first BASARA games.In 2008 I had fully discovered about play-asia and yesasia and decided to buy 2 and Heroes along with 1.
Edited by Mibu Kyoshiro, Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:12 pm.

murakumo
Member Avatar
Light It Up
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I discovered the anime through myanimelist. I was looking at Kazuya Nakai's page I think, and saw Date Masamune and thought "he looks like a pretty cool guy". Watched the anime, got hooked, then investigated the series, found the games etc etc.

Therefore I've only known about it just over a year, but since the new game was being released I've found no lack of info and news to keep me interested.

Watchtower
Member Avatar
A True Musou Star
[ *  *  *  * ]
I know I already posted on this topic but there was one thing I forgot to add. Part of what helped get my interest was the fact that my cousin has SB1. I say SB1 and not DK, because he had somehow managed to get the Japanese version (and no, he doesn't import). I told him that I had run into the game on Wikipedia, and asked him if he had tried it. However, he never bothered trying, because his American PS2 couldn't play the Japanese SB1. I was ticked off, because I was curious. Unfortunately, I would have to wait several months before my discovery of SB3 forced me to research. :kurokan:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sengoku BASARA Series · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.